I confess I am enamored by Prince William & Kate. This young couple is the most influential couple in the world. Everything they touch turns to gold.

So BlackBerry needs to get a Z10 & Q10 in this couples hands and take a picture of them using them.

All their financial struggles would end. They would have so much $$ they could build the perfect OS that is so customizable it would be difficult not to love.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    serbanescu and CMcRob like this.
    07-27-13 09:11 AM
    .............. holy........
    07-27-13 09:25 AM
    Are you on drugs?

PS. Despite wishful thinking, Blackberry has never been number one so can't regain a position they've never occupied.

Have a nice day
    rambo47 and Brandon Tobias like this.
    07-27-13 09:31 AM
    If they had a bb 10, i wouldnt even know.
    07-27-13 09:37 AM
    I think the only way to regain #1 position is to get rid of the old and bring in some new. New management, new designers, new business model, new energy. Fire all the has-been executives and everyone that had anything to do with the BlackBerry 10 disaster up to this point and start from scratch. Grab some people from the marketing teams of Android and iPhone and go to town on making people "need" a BlackBerry just like they now "need" an iPhone.
    potatoguy likes this.
    07-27-13 09:50 AM
    I agree. I don't get people (outside of the UK) who care about royalty now-a-days....
    There are those of us in the Commonwealth who are quite fond of the Monarchy.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    07-27-13 10:10 AM
    There are those of us in the Commonwealth who are quite fond of the Monarchy.

JB

Well you are LORD CrankyPants....
    07-27-13 10:14 AM
    Well you are LORD CrankyPants....
    I see what you did there...

It's important to point out that I am not from the UK. The Crown does not only have influence there.

JB

07-27-13 10:16 AM
    I see what you did there...

It's important to point out that I am not from the UK. The Crown does not only have influence there.

JB

I understand given the history of colonization England has had throughout it's history.
    07-27-13 10:18 AM
    Even if that works, in a royal way. Apple and Samsung is just going to spend more by putting their phones in the lovely couple's hands. Thus setting back BlackBerry exactly where they are at right now.
    07-27-13 10:26 AM
    I believe it's a great idea, irrespective of what we may think about the royal (or is it princely?) couple. I believe it would have a huge influence on celebrity obsessed masses in the UK and maybe other Commonwealth countries.

Not sure it can be done, but a great idea, nonetheless.

--------------------

Calorie Monitor Pro for Z10, Q10, Q5 and PlayBook
    07-27-13 10:26 AM
    How do we know they dont already have them? Never saw a phone in their hands.
    07-27-13 10:32 AM
    Bad idea is bad for US penetration. Americans could give a rats *** bout the Royal couple. I can't say I blame them either.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    07-27-13 10:43 AM
    Kate and William are nothing special. They take a sh*t just like all of us. No one should be put on a pedestal. Why would giving them a BlackBerry 10 phone make any difference?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 10:56 AM
    This day and age who really cares about the royal family? It wouldn't help sell the phones. Stupid idea..
    07-27-13 11:10 AM
    I understand given the history of colonization England has had throughout it's history.
    It's not just history. The Queen is the Queen of Canada too, which is a separate title from Queen of England. She is the constitutional monarch of a lot of places.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 11:18 AM
    Bad idea is bad for US penetration. Americans could give a rats *** bout the Royal couple. I can't say I blame them either.

Posted via a ZeDex or PlayaBook
    I disagree. I'm not saying it is a good idea, and I personally don't care about them, but many Americans do. Remember the big deal when Diana died while fleeing the paparazzi? Mother Teresa died around the same time. Mother Teresa, a woman who devoted her life to helping others gets a 2 minute clip on the news and then it is back to Diana.
    07-27-13 11:21 AM
    Kate and William are nothing special. They take a sh*t just like all of us. No one should be put on a pedestal. Why would giving them a BlackBerry 10 phone make any difference?

Posted via CB10
    Are you intentionally being obtuse? People care for the same reason that a music or movie star gets emulated in their dress and actions. I realize you don't care about them, I don't either, but many people do.
    nquyen likes this.
    07-27-13 11:23 AM
    This day and age who really cares about the royal family? It wouldn't help sell the phones. Stupid idea..
    It'd sell more phones than giving BB10 to a random celebrity like Alicia Keys, that's for sure. And the royal family isn't even that wealthy compared to modern celebrities so BBRY wouldn't have to pay them as much! I think it's a good idea.
    07-27-13 11:31 AM
    Yeah... no

Posted via Q10
    07-27-13 12:44 PM
    If you're talking about celebrity product placement, you have to target individual markets with celebrities that represent that market, and you also have to cover multiple demographics within each market by using multiple celebrity spokespeople. How many "royal watchers" can BlackBerry reasonably expect to sway with product placement? They might do even better with some kind of dedicated royal watcher app that follows them via rss, blog posts, social media, etc, all rolled into one slick package.
    07-27-13 12:57 PM
    I don't understand the back and forth on these "celebrity" threads. Honestly, it doesn't matter if you love or hate specific celebrities or celebrity culture. The fact is, celebrities provide visibility - and seeing BlackBerrys used by celebrities at the very least shows people that the company is not bankrupt and is in fact producing new phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 01:11 PM
    You guys are kidding yourselves if you think no one cares about "the royals". That annoying inescapable coverage of the wedding and pregnancy was not provided because no one cares. And putting a product in the hands of a celebrity has a pretty decent track record of attracting fans of that celebrity.
    07-27-13 03:32 PM
    I don't understand the back and forth on these "celebrity" threads. Honestly, it doesn't matter if you love or hate specific celebrities or celebrity culture. The fact is, celebrities provide visibility - and seeing BlackBerrys used by celebrities at the very least shows people that the company is not bankrupt and is in fact producing new phones.

Posted via CB10
    Boom! Exactly.
    07-27-13 03:37 PM
    Well, I am American, born & raised in the USA. I think William & Kate are an awesome couple who I do enjoy reading about and seeing in the spot light.

So do millions of others, which is why every dress, hat, purse, shoes, etc Kate puts on SELLS - and sells BIG.

So if you hate this thread, hate the couple, thinks it's stupid and / or think I should "get a life" then DON'T read the thread, don't post on it, just scroll right on past.

I would not go to a thread I disagreed with just to spew hate. People that do are the ones who need to get a life.

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    CMcRob and Morty2264 like this.
    07-27-13 04:02 PM
47 12