BTW, you do NOT have to have the text message 'open' to do this. Even in the list of text messages you can just press and hold, a black sidebar will pop up on the right, a phone icon is there, just tap it and it will call directly. If you have more than 1 number in that contact, it will prompt you for the choice of the numbers you wish to call. All in all, it's a pretty seamless and brainless process and sure seams well thought out to me. I didn't even blink or miss this from my old Bold 9900, as it seemed just as easy once I learned it.

Kobnyc
    Yes, it you tap and hold you can get a contact icon and then go to the contact and then scroll down to the number and then call the contact.

Just like the geniuses at Blackberry to take a simple one touch call function that was already well developed and make it into a multiple step function. Typical of mostly of the functions on this device and the stupid design. No wonder people say this product is so many steps backwards and are so disappointed.
    01-23-14 10:50 AM
    . No wonder people say this product is so many steps backwards and are so disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Are those your words or are you a spokesman for a larger group of disappointed group that are sick of Blackberry? I honestly want to know.
    01-23-14 11:20 AM
    I am using Q10SQN100-3/10.2.0.1791.

Just press and hold on the contact name on the top and a menu will pop up from the right of the screen, where you can tap on the call button.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 11:29 AM
    Yes, it you tap and hold you can get a contact icon and then go to the contact and then scroll down to the number and then call the contact.

Just like the geniuses at Blackberry to take a simple one touch call function that was already well developed and make it into a multiple step function. Typical of mostly of the functions on this device and the stupid design. No wonder people say this product is so many steps backwards and are so disappointed.
    Let me guess, you are still on 10.1. Do yourself a favour and install the update.

How to call a number from a text?-img_20140123_173152.png
    01-23-14 11:33 AM
    10.2 fixes this. Long press on any text message in the hub and call is now an option. This is still a very new OS people, and it's clear BlackBerry is listening to its users and making enhancements. 10.2 brings so many useful enhancements that I absolutely had to load a leak. Phone operates perfectly and is as fast or faster at communicating than my previous Bb, a 9930.
    01-23-14 11:49 AM
    It's pretty much the same as with the trackpad. With the trackpad you still have to scroll then click. With BB10 you swipe and tap.

01-23-14 01:28 PM
    Again, 10.2 fixes this.
    01-23-14 02:53 PM
32 12