Hi All,

I have recently got a q10 and wondering how do I make a call to a number that I just received a text message from?

Thanks
    10-10-13 11:37 PM
    Open your text message icon
    Scroll thru your text message until you find the one in question .
    Press and hold the message for a second .
    Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    Attached Thumbnails How to call a number from a text?-img_00005757.png  
    kokolaymm likes this.
    10-10-13 11:48 PM
    You can also do this from the Hub, either in the main listing or in the Text Messages tab found by tapping the "button" in bottom left corner of Hub or dragging the Hub from left to right.
    (Especially since so many users hide the redundant Text Messages icon in a folder with other icons like Settings, Camera, Phone, Clock, and Voice Control.)

If you are in a Text Message chat with someone, long press the blue bar at the top. An action menu will open on right side which includes a Call option.
    ATMJOE and stratax like this.
    10-11-13 07:02 PM
    You can also do this from the Hub, either in the main listing or in the Text Messages tab found by tapping the "button" in bottom left corner of Hub or dragging the Hub from left to right.
    (Especially since so many users hide the redundant Text Messages icon in a folder with other icons like Settings, Camera, Phone, Clock, and Voice Control.)

If you are in a Text Message chat with someone, long press the blue bar at the top. An action menu will open on right side which includes a Call option.
    Nice, ive been wondering how to do that, I don't understand why it is not more obvious

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 07:20 PM
    Nice, ive been wondering how to do that, I don't understand why it is not more obvious

Posted via CB10
    Yes, they should make some of the options more obvious for sure.

Sometimes I will randomly tap and/or long press different areas of various pages to see if there are any more such "easter eggs" to find.
    10-11-13 11:03 PM
    How about text to a number who called other than copy and paste.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:43 PM
    How about text to a number who called other than copy and paste.
    Yes, that one's actually a weird one.

In Phone app, long press a number in Calls list. From action menu, tap View Call Details with the i icon in a circle.
    From that screen tap the black & white Text icon.

That one's more hidden than most.
    gnulab likes this.
    10-12-13 01:13 AM
    When you open the text message. On top you will see the number. Long press you will see call and add contact option.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 01:19 AM
    Yes, that one's actually a weird one.

In Phone app, long press a number in Calls list. From action menu, tap View Call Details with the i icon in a circle.
    From that screen tap the black & white Text icon.

That one's more hidden than most.
    Wow... everytime I try to love this platform something like this just comes along and rubs it in your face that bbry is aiming for toys not tools. to me a "great communications device" should be able to switch communication methods as quick and easy as possible. For the text to phone why not include that as an option in the '...' section of the bottom bar in the text message conversation.

For phone to text why not a long hold and instead of just bringing up the option to call come up with a list of all available methods that the phone has for that contact?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 04:36 AM
    Tried the i icon. No text there. I do hear it's in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 09:02 PM
    If you have phone calls showing in the hub long press on the number in question that will bring up the side menu which has text as an option...

I stand corrected regarding my previous statement.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 10:50 PM
    Tried the i icon. No text there. I do hear it's in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.4633

How to call a number from a text?-img_00000859.png

How to call a number from a text?-img_00000860.png

This is how you CB10, son!
    10-13-13 12:16 AM
    Open your text message icon
    Scroll thru your text message until you find the one in question .
    Press and hold the message for a second .
    Posted via CB10. BlackBerry Z10
    This method doesn't really work for all entries, at least for me.

If the number is saved in your contacts, then there is no CALL option. That option appears if it is a number that's not saved.
    10-30-13 02:11 AM
    This method doesn't really work for all entries, at least for me.

If the number is saved in your contacts, then there is no CALL option. That option appears if it is a number that's not saved.
    I have it for both on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791.

I'll add a couple screenshots in few minutes.
    10-30-13 02:40 AM
    How to call a number from a text?-img_00000095.png

It also worked fopr me before the 10.2 update. Just press and hold the conversation, you might have to click the "..." more button but it should be there.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:40 AM
    I have it for both on Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791.

I'll add a couple screenshots in few minutes.
    This is getting weirder by every try.

Saved contact, Call option is UNAVAILABLE
    How to call a number from a text?-img_00000095.png

Saved contact, Call option is AVAILABLE by going into its "conversation"
    How to call a number from a text?-img_00000096.png

Unsaved contact, Call option is AVAILABLE
    How to call a number from a text?-img_00000097.png

Unsaved contact, Call option is UNAVAILABLE, yet Search By Subject is AVAILABLE instead
    How to call a number from a text?-img_00000098.png

What is going on?
    10-30-13 11:50 AM
    Ah, I might know the problem.

Expand the right hand action menu by tapping the top square with the 3 little lines.
    You just have more options present when they're a contact, and they weren't all fitting on screen.
    10-30-13 11:58 AM
    Ah, I might know the problem.

Expand the right hand action menu by tapping the top square with the 3 little lines.
    You just have more options present when they're a contact, and they weren't all fitting on screen.
    When an entry is a contact, the call option isn't available too. I'd need to go to the i menu.

In my 2nd & 3rd screenshot, both are unsaved contact, yet both of them have different options that are available. The 2nd screenshot call option is available, while the 3rd screenshot does not have the call option.

If both are unsaved entries, then they should present the same options that are available.
    10-30-13 02:00 PM
    I understand what you're seeing & saying.

Not sure if maybe you misunderstood my last post.
    1. Long press one that belongs to a contact.
    2. Then you don't see Call option.
    3. So, tap box at top of menu with 3 vertical lines in it.
    4. Menu expands and there are some options that were not visible before.
    5. Once expanded, you can scroll the menu options up & down to see more.
    6. I think Call will be there.

Find it?
    10-30-13 02:10 PM
    I understand what you're seeing & saying.

Not sure if maybe you misunderstood my last post.
    1. Long press one that belongs to a contact.
    2. Then you don't see Call option.
    3. So, tap box at top of menu with 3 vertical lines in it.
    4. Menu expands and there are some options that were not visible before.
    5. Once expanded, you can scroll the menu options up & down to see more.
    6. I think Call will be there.

Find it?
    The option is still not there.
    11-13-13 07:48 AM
    I figured this out with the help of the replies but I notice that when the text message is from someone in my contacts so showing the name and not the number, when you press and hold, you do not get the sidebar with the phone icon. I am having to go back out to contacts and pick the person then their mobile to call them when before you could just do call back with the BOLD. Is there another way to do this or am I just missing it? I hate the extra steps!
    01-19-14 06:20 PM
    Click on the contact's name and it will take you to the contacts and that person and then you can click call instead of searching/scrolling

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    01-19-14 06:54 PM
    Neither long pressing the message nor long pressing the blue bar works. No make call icon. What a pain.

No wonder Blackberry is going out of business with the Q10. It used to be so easy and they don't even get such a basic function right.
    01-23-14 10:22 AM
    I figured this out with the help of the replies but I notice that when the text message is from someone in my contacts so showing the name and not the number, when you press and hold, you do not get the sidebar with the phone icon. I am having to go back out to contacts and pick the person then their mobile to call them when before you could just do call back with the BOLD. Is there another way to do this or am I just missing it? I hate the extra steps!
    I have a Q10 and all I do in any text message, if the sender is an established contact, is tap the senders name at the top of the text message, and the address book contact pops right up. I am not long pressing, just tap it. Long pressing actually creates more steps to get this done. I just tap it, the contact pops up and I tap the number to call right there. It calls directly, rings- pow- in conversation. Easy.

Kobnyc
    01-23-14 10:33 AM
    BTW, you do NOT have to have the text message 'open' to do this. Even in the list of text messages you can just press and hold, a black sidebar will pop up on the right, a phone icon is there, just tap it and it will call directly. If you have more than 1 number in that contact, it will prompt you for the choice of the numbers you wish to call. All in all, it's a pretty seamless and brainless process and sure seams well thought out to me. I didn't even blink or miss this from my old Bold 9900, as it seemed just as easy once I learned it.

Kobnyc
    01-23-14 10:38 AM
32 12