I bought a speed dial app for one touch (actually 3 step) speed dialing. Now I can speed dial people from an individual contact's icon from the home screen. That's an improvement.

How about speed texting? Are there any apps out there that can expedite texting to pre-designated contacts?
    Last edited by SoxFan; 10-07-13 at 12:55 PM.
    10-07-13 11:51 AM
    I bought a speed dial app for one touch (actually 3 step) speed dialing. Now I can speed dial people from an individual contact's icon from the home screen. That's an improvement.

How about speed texting? Are there any apps out there that can expedite texting to pre-designated contacts?
    Not that I know of, but that is a great idea. If I understand you right, it would be like word-suggestions based upon the contact you are texting?

This would be extremely useful to me. I have a friend with whom I need to text some math equations on occasion and they are often obstructed by the word substitution. (Not to mention emoticons).
    10-07-13 01:32 PM
    Not that I know of, but that is a great idea. If I understand you right, it would be like word-suggestions based upon the contact you are texting?

This would be extremely useful to me. I have a friend with whom I need to text some math equations on occasion and they are often obstructed by the word substitution. (Not to mention emoticons).
    No. That's not it.

I would like to have a home screen icon for a given contact or contacts and when I push that contact's icon, it opens up the "Compose Text" module pre-populated with that contact's phone number so I can just start texting away.
    10-07-13 01:48 PM
    Can't you just type sms and the person name and jump right in? That's what I do.

I would like to have a home screen icon for a given contact or contacts and when I push that contact's icon, it opens up the "Compose Text" module pre-populated with that contact's phone number so I can just start texting away.
    10-07-13 08:16 PM
    You want "homescreen +"

It does exactly what you what.

No. That's not it.

10-07-13 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD