I'm still with the 9800. It's beyond dying.

I'm about to get a new phone. Been waiting for the Q10 for a long time.

With the latest buyout news, and lackluster sales, I really have to ask: Should I do it, or should I take the safe option and just get a Galaxy?

I really need some honest advice, please.
    09-30-13 05:03 AM
    BlackBerry's state as a company shouldn't change your view on the Q10. It'll still function and it will function good. The real question is whether you want it or the Galaxy.

You know the obvious answer we at CrackBerry would give you, now go figure it out yourself

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    09-30-13 05:09 AM
    You can probably find a hundred threads on here with similar themes. Not saying this to cut you down for posting, just mean that with some searching you can find a lot of great answers to your question from previous threads.

Samsung S4 is undoubtedly a great device, imo. But so are the BB10 phones.
    Both are leagues ahead of the Torch.

Have you considered a Z10, or the just-releasing Z30?
    I had never considered a virtual keyboard before the Z10. But this Z10 virtual keyboard is just fantastic, and then you don't have to sacrifice the screen space for the Browser, games, videos, etc.

Does your carrier have a return period? If so, give BB10 a shot and you won't have anything to lose.
    09-30-13 05:11 AM
    Nothing that's happening will change how the devices work. And nothing that has been said so far leads to ultra anger standing that support will be dropped.

So if you want a Q10, hit it directly, unlocked, from BlackBerry (yep, you can do that now).

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:12 AM
    Coming from a bold to a galaxy now back to the Q10 and am very happy with my choice! if you like BlackBerry you will love bb10 and the Q10 I did and am sorry I left! But check all your options and see what would be best for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 05:14 AM
    Coming from a Torch myself, I recommend the Z10. I love the typing experience. My device had to learn a lot in the first month, but now I can type without looking, watching TV or anything else because auto correct works flawless. I love it, and the large screen size, and the smooth OS which feels very intuitive after a couple of days.

When I went on a holiday to turkey, I was too afraid of losing my Z10 so I took my old Torch with me. Typing suddenly felt slow and a lot of work.

But that's just my interpretation. You should choose whatever you want. But like someone else said, if you have a return period, just try it. Do remember it's a new way of navigating in this OS, it takes some time to get used to.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    09-30-13 05:19 AM
    i had the same question in mind but will definately get a z10. #teamblackberry
    09-30-13 05:23 AM
    If u want to play it safe, get a galaxy imo, am actually stuck same as you but am still waiting it all out to see how it plays, time won't kill.
    09-30-13 05:31 AM
    Nothing that's happening will change how the devices work. And nothing that has been said so far leads to ultra anger standing that support will be dropped.

So if you want a Q10, hit it directly, unlocked, from BlackBerry (yep, you can do that now).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks all for replying.

To the above, my issue is as follows.

I love having a physical keyboard.

I have looked at some comparisons, and the BB10 is quite on par with the GS4, except for screen size and camera quality.

I can deal with that, though, to have a super keyboard.

My MAIN issue is, wehther there will continue to be software updates? Am I buying a phone from a dead company?

Another issues is Apps. We have long been screwed on apps, but now it might get even worse...

So, if not for the latest bad news about BB, I wouldn't have considered anything else.

Now I need to think long term....
    09-30-13 05:39 AM
    Choose the next phone you want based on your needs. Not based on rumors or fears. Just go to a phone store, play with a q10, Z10, Android, and all the other phones and get the best for you.

Personally, I was holding up my update for the q to drop. Stick on physical keyboard. While at phone store started playing with a Z10 and fell in love. No regrets going full touch.

Posted via CB10
    Leon538 likes this.
    09-30-13 05:40 AM
    If u want to play it safe, get a galaxy imo, am actually stuck same as you but am still waiting it all out to see how it plays, time won't kill.
    Buying any Android phone that is not a Nexus is taking a risk on updates. Buying a Windows phone runs the risk that Microsoft will do a WP7.5 on you and suddenly upgrades won't be possible any more. It seems to me that if you buy Samsung or Nokia, you still run a significant risk that your phone may be unsupported long before it dies.
    If you are worried about the survival of BlackBerry, your safest bet is an iPhone. But consider that if they are taken private, and support the corporate market, a failure to keep supporting recent handsets would result in total loss of confidence in them. At this point, I suspect that the Q10 and the 9900 are pretty safe. The Z10 may go in a fire sale, the Z30 may be produced in only small volumes and then quietly be canned, and the Q5 may be the winner in terms of being sold cheap to companies upgrading to BES10.
    These are guesses, and you should consult a psychic or a crystal ball reader before investing in a mobile phone.
    09-30-13 05:45 AM
    I'm sitting here looking at my Q10 and my S4. One of them is going on Ebay at some point.

I have to say, the physical keyboard on the Q10 is simply gorgeous. If I use the S4, I'm less inclined to reply to messages simply because I still find it a massive pain even with Swiftkey installed. The only other advantage I believe the BB has over the Samsung is the superb build quality and feel of the handset. Everything else is better on the S4 in my opinion.

Surely the physical keyboard is the determining factor for most of us thinking about a Q10? I certainly place a high priority on it.
    09-30-13 05:48 AM
    Just play with both of them,and see which one you like.. but you shouldn't put corporate issues as a factor when you choose your device...
    09-30-13 06:35 AM

With the latest buyout news, and lackluster sales, I really have to ask: Should I do it, or should I take the safe option and just get a Galaxy?

S4 with so many software features (gimmicks) took a while for me to find out. If you don't have the patience to sift through all the features to help decide which ones to use and how to conserve power when you use them, then go with BB10. It took me 2 weeks to look up stuff on YouTube, Google, and forums about the S4. For a lot of people coming from a different platform, this could be a major source of frustration. I am also about to cross, will try the Z30 when it's launched in my city.
    09-30-13 06:48 AM
    Thanks all for replying.

To the above, my issue is as follows.

I love having a physical keyboard.

I have looked at some comparisons, and the BB10 is quite on par with the GS4, except for screen size and camera quality.

I can deal with that, though, to have a super keyboard.

My MAIN issue is, wehther there will continue to be software updates? Am I buying a phone from a dead company?

Another issues is Apps. We have long been screwed on apps, but now it might get even worse...

So, if not for the latest bad news about BB, I wouldn't have considered anything else.

There is a new 10.2 leak basically every week. They are still working very hard and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 08:37 AM
    Why do people ask this all the time...
    When Ford, GM and Chrysler went belly up...did their cars stop running?
    When Nokia went dead, did their phones sudden all shut off?
    When Nortel went dead, did all their products stop?
    Honest question, honest answer....buy a 9810.
    09-30-13 09:21 AM
    Having a Q10 and Q5 in the household. Although I prefer the Q10 in some countries you can buy a Q5 for under half price of a Q10. Q5 best value BlackBerry by a considerable margin.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 10:49 AM
    If you are in need of a good qwerty device, then the Q10 is the way to go. I really enjoy my Q10 for work and play. If you get the Q10, I definitely recommend loading a 10.2 leak...it's just an all around better BB10 experience. Good luck on your decision!
    09-30-13 10:57 AM
    I have used a iphone 4s, Galaxy s3, Nokia lunia 1020, and for me my Q10 is the best phone on the market today. I can email, text and connect to Mt TV via hdmi and stream videos like a boss!! No other phone would connect to my TV without more steps. Be Bold! Buy a BlackBerry. My pixi is in my drawer as well and still works 3 yrs after Palm died, so the phone will still work if the company dies. Typing on my Q10.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-13 01:20 PM
    Thanks all for replying.
    Under a 2-year contract, you don't need to think that long-term. If anything BBRY has plenty of stock to cover warranty replacements. Check out the app store. What's there will likely stay there for 2 years. If there's anything missing, you can decide if it's compelling enough to move.
    09-30-13 01:29 PM
    Why do people ask this all the time...
    When Ford, GM and Chrysler went belly up...did their cars stop running?
    When Nokia went dead, did their phones sudden all shut off?
    When Nortel went dead, did all their products stop?
    Honest question, honest answer....buy a 9810.
    Why? Because not everyone has enough money to buy a new phone every week.

Did Ford go belly up? Didn't know. Guess they must have been bought out by a car company, not a shoe repair store.
    deezy87 likes this.
    09-30-13 06:22 PM
    Under a 2-year contract, you don't need to think that long-term. If anything BBRY has plenty of stock to cover warranty replacements. Check out the app store. What's there will likely stay there for 2 years. If there's anything missing, you can decide if it's compelling enough to move.
    If they go completely broke, or sell up, and are sold for spare parts, then what hope is there of a replacement phone?

And, again, my big issue is software updates.

If you are in need of a good qwerty device, then the Q10 is the way to go. I really enjoy my Q10 for work and play. If you get the Q10, I definitely recommend loading a 10.2 leak...it's just an all around better BB10 experience. Good luck on your decision!
    Yes, I know there are leaks now, but will there be updates/leaks in 6 months time?

That's what's worrying me.
    09-30-13 06:24 PM

Unlike palm which pretty much went dud by the end of it all,BlackBerry is different. With all od these companies using BlackBerry worldwide it won't disappear but will perhaps evolve to focus more on the pro-consumer market. So all of the higher ended and spec'd models will still be available.

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    10-01-13 11:19 AM

Easy.

If you can live without a big load of usefull apps, and just use a few...then go BB. Just investigate first which apps u are looking for.

If you are getting into the Hype and APP wave...then go samsung.

Both are very very good phones.

I have a Q10, and im ejoying it the most because i dont use much apps to be sincere.
    10-01-13 11:25 AM

This product is hugely flawed and very dysfunctional. Often things don't or work randomly. Don't expect many of your tried and true Blackberry functions, shortcuts, etc. to be there, because this product was developed by a team that had no relationship with the BBY previous teams, and even had antagonism with that group.

The lack of APPs will be an increasing frustration. I am not a big APP guy, but I find some APPs useful, like YELP, and it''s frustrating to know that we will never be able to use many of the currently developed APPs, let alone new ones to be developed in the future.

All in all, knowing what we know about all the flaws and problems, plus the future issues with the company, product, and APPs, I think buying a Blackberry at this time is nuts.They really screwed up bigtime.
    10-01-13 12:13 PM
55 123