Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33072FAF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default In Hindsight Would you Q10 again?

From what can be gathered from the online research I've done, the Q10 is either loved, hated, or altogether ignored. I've been using an iphone 4 after my legacy BB was decommissioned and with only 30 days left on my contract I'll be switching both providers and devices. I've always been a qwerty girl but honestly with the inconsistency of happiness with Q10 users and the coming of iOS8, I'm having a hard time settling on which phone to go with.. It's between the iPhone 5C and Blackberry's Q10.. Any advice, relevant opinions, and insight into using the Q10 and all it can (and can't provide) is GREATLY appreciated
    Thanked by:
    cinzia444 (07-09-2014) 
    cinzia444 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    988 Global Posts

I'd go with my Q10 again in a heartbeat. I had a Curve 8530 on its last legs that I had waited to upgrade in expectation of BB10. The Q has been all that I hoped for an then some. Great piece of hardware for me, and even without a screen cover or case it still looks brand new a little over a year later. I also have a Z10, and between the two it's no comparison which is the stronger device: the Q10 wins out.
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hold off for the BlackBerry Classic or Passport. I have the Q10 but the new line will be here before the end of the year. If you are familiar with the new BlackBerry 10 system get the Passport. If you are not go with the Classic. Check the forums for more info on the two. Now if I had it to do over again I would have still got the Q10. But not now with 2 to 3 months till the bigger and better is out. I guess it would be the same as getting an iPhone 5 now when it's replacement is about to be released next month...might as well wait...IMO.

Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Addict

I am a qwerty fan for over 7years now, blackberry only of course. As far as people's diverging opinions on the Q10, I can only say that the Q10 has been my favorite blackberry in these last 7 years. BB10 is innovative, the form factor of the Q10 is very nice, and it took 10min to get used to not having the trackpad/belt anymore.

The only frustration I got was software related with 10.1. The software was clearly not finished, nor polished. That obviously changed with 10.2 and finally 10.2.1. I'm running a leaked version of 10.3 now and the OS progressed so fast in the space of 1 year that it is the most advanced and productive out there.

Another minor frustration, if can can even call it that. it's the occasional keyboard double typing, which while being annoying, it's not that critical.
    I believe to be hardware related and there's not much we can do about it. The "good" thing about it, it's that it is occasional and not consistent.. anyway..

to answer your question, I would buy the Q10 all over again. I'll tell you even more, if i break my Q10 or lose it, I'll be buying one tomorrow morning first thing
    Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.0.1418
    Kamika007z, mhw100 and riss89 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Absolutely NOT! I tried to love my Q10 and used it since new but I still go back to my BB9900 that fits my needs much better. There are too many reasons why I don't like my Q10 and I will not write them here. Maybe, just maybe I will like the upcoming Q20 but probably not either. My BB9900 is the right size, built nice, runs good, is dependable, and I just love the key press (I don't like the keypress on the Q10). I also have a Z10 and Z30 which I do like. But, the combo good for me is my "small" bb9900 and either a PB or Kindle Fire hdx. My BB9900 takes care of my communication needs while a tablet takes care of cruising the web stuff. Q10 is no help there. My Z10 and Z30 are sorta halfway between my BB9900 and my PB or my Kindle Fire HDX and this combo is good for on the go . At home, naturally I prefer a much larger screen for web cruising.
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

I love my Q10 but the text selection is basically impossible to deal with. If I had to choose a single phone to use for the rest of my life it would be my 9930. That phone was perfect.
    Thanked by 2:
    Mack Gans (07-02-2014),  riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    phonejunky likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I'm happy with the Q10 but that's because I have an iPhone for stuff it can't do. Go with the iPhone

Posted via Q10
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    827 Global Posts

Absolutely, I love my Q10. However, since I only want native apps on it (I am NOT polluting my device with Android anything, lol) I often fire up the hotspot so I can use my iPod Touch for the apps that I need.
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes!
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

No.

I would've waited and got the z30 instead. However during my contract renewal z30 was still unavail in canada.

Woe is me. Still to this day I contemplate trading or reselling q10 for a z30.

And I've always been a qwerty boy.

CB10 on the Q10
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Coming from an iPhone 4. I will hopefully never have to use a non-qwerty phone again.
    My first BlackBerry was in 2006 and after trying a Droid, and the iPhone - I'm staying with a physical keyboard. BlackBerry still makes the best one.
    Yes, I'm glad I bought the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I had the double typing issue for a couple months occurring quite regularly. Would double type a letter once every couple sentences. I tried a full software re-installation - that didn't solve the problem so I had the keyboard replaced and it hasn't ever double typed since. It was definitely a hardware keyboard issue. Good as new again!

Also I had a iphone then Q10 as my third Blackberry and it's the best one so far.
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    2BD01FD1

Yeah, I would. There isn't anything else like the Q10. I had the Z10 before the Q10 and then got the Z30. If I only had to choose one for some reason, I would pick the Q10.
    Sean

Twitter: @SeanKelleher
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    280BF90E

Quote Originally Posted by riss89 View Post
    From what can be gathered from the online research I've done, the Q10 is either loved, hated, or altogether ignored. I've been using an iphone 4 after my legacy BB was decommissioned and with only 30 days left on my contract I'll be switching both providers and devices. I've always been a qwerty girl but honestly with the inconsistency of happiness with Q10 users and the coming of iOS8, I'm having a hard time settling on which phone to go with.. It's between the iPhone 5C and Blackberry's Q10.. Any advice, relevant opinions, and insight into using the Q10 and all it can (and can't provide) is GREATLY appreciated
    Damn right
    Bbm Pin: 7AED7877

Channel Pins: C0007F37C, C0005A98D
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

I had the Z10 and then went to the Q10 for a few months, but missed the screen real estate of the Z10. Traded the Q10 for the Z30 and have been very happy. However, I'm leaning heavily towards the Classic when it comes out to complement my Z30. Used a Bold 9900 at work for many years and I still miss the keyboard feel. The Classic will have a bit larger screen than the Q10 so should be great.
    Thanked by:
    riss89 (07-01-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Sure thing!

Depending how the Passeport will feel on my relatively little hands, I may pick a Q10 again if that beast eventually die one day
    (a little more than a year of use here and yet the beast feel and looks like new)
    riss89 likes this.
  17. 203
    CrackBerry User

Nope. No Q10 again for me but that is due more to my gross dissatisfaction with BB10 and BlackBerry in general than the Q10 itself.

The Q10 is not without needlessly unresolved issues. Due to the screen proportions some software is not compatible with the Q10. Considering the dismally poor availability of software for BB10 in the first place, this is not good.

There's even stuff BlackBerry could easily resolve if they were not cluelessly incompetant, like the text message composition screen where a new message is composed in a tiny letterbox window while there are acres of wasted screen space.

The qwerty keypad made my decision to buy the Q10 for me, a decision I regret.
    Thanked by:
    Mack Gans (07-02-2014) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Probably not, but it all depends what you're looking for. The Q10 is a beautiful device and I love being able to run it one-handed. BB10 holds its own as a this-gen OS. But I miss being able to assume major apps are there, and I hold out little hope the Amazon / Android app store deal will change much. I've done the sideloading thing with little practical success, to a great degree because of the 1:1 ratio of the screen. Couldn't get Pandora to work, the Pandora clone app isn't totally functional, the music-streaming availability from other services is weak, and I got spoiled by the amazing Nokia maps on Windows phone, which is what I'll return to most likely. But if apps aren't your thing and you need it mainly as a communications device, it's outstanding.
    purplefish212 and riss89 like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I came to BB10 from an iPhone 4S. The iPhone is a beautiful piece of hardware but BB10 flows better than any ios I've experienced.

I'd say wait for a new device if you can - buy something cheap and off-contract and use your upgrade for the latest BB10 phone. If you don't like it take it back within the trial period and go back to the iPhone - you'll know if that's the choice you need to make.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    mh1983 and riss89 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes. Without question. I was able to keep the keyboard I loved about the 9900 aswell as have apps that are on the iphone/android platform. Only problem i'm having with my Q10 these days is the double typing and it seems slowed down now a days but I blame that on me using up all the internal memory instead of just getting an external storage.
    TuT on how to add a custom font to Blackberry(tested on 9900).
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-apps-715393/

How to get the blackberry logo font on your Blackberry(tested on 9900).
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...efault-714576/
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

absolutely! the q10 is a "perfected" device, it's size, how it fits in your hand, the keyboard, BB10... I have the z10, z30, moto g lte, and I've had the nexus 4 & 5, note 2, sony xperia ultra, moto x and the q10 is my 1st choice as a communication device.
    Q10 & Z10, Moto G LTE
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Definitely Q10 for me. I came from an iphone 5s which is still working perfectly fine, but never leaves my night stand drawer. I purchased a Q10 to use on wifi so I could play with BB10. One week later I put a sim in the Q10 and retired the 5s. I do have a Nexus tablet to satisfy larger screen media and app needs. The Q10 is for mail, text, bbm, whatsapp. I love it.

Posted via CB10
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Q10 in a heartbeat. I came from iphone 4. I love the battery life the most and keyboard. The first time I saw Q10 I actually thought it's the ugliest phone I've seen lol but it grew on me and now I love it and I get so worried and don't want to pick and look at it everytime I drop it. I dropped it 11times now. Few times the battery and backdoor cover came off. When I first had it my friends keep asking why blackberry they're expecting my next iphone. Then we went to the mountains and their samsung galaxy and iphone no signal. Then I said " this is why blackberry" with a grin on my face and showing them that I'm posting some things on facebook haha. We are all in the same network so if I have signal they should have too. All the blackberry i've owned has superb signal the bb10 very good network and wifi of all. My friend and I went to McDonald's they have wifi. Two of my friends who got iphone 5 never get to see the McDonald's wifi network and we went there in several occasions. They have 6 wifi find and I have 10 so I think their wifi is not so good with compatibility. In terms of apps I would choose the ios. You have to weigh what is important to you. But all I can say if you want good battery life go for Q10 but if you can hold it wait for the classic and passport as it maybe better. :-)

via Q10
    riss89 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33072FAF
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

It seems to come down to apps vs productivity. The Q10 seems to win when productivity is the goal, iphone (or any other touchscreens really) seem to be the winner if it's apps and media services that's the main focus. This actually makes the decision a much simpler one.. Another thing that some people seem to care about is the size of the phone, especially legacy BB users, and I can definitely personally relate to that. I love small phones and the convenience and portability of them, not that big screens aren't cool and great for videos and gaming and such, I just don't care for large phones and both the Passport and the Classic look huge lol. I was actually worried the Q10 may be too big for my tastes..
    tollonodre and srfinva like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    803 Global Posts

Heck no! with all the double typing fiasco of my Q10 and BlackBerry ignoring the issue, I would have moved on to Windows Phone. And if BlackBerry remains silent, I plan on moving on at some point.
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast