I just got the Q10 a couple weeks ago and I hate it so much. I was not going to upgrade after seeing my wife's Z10 but my Torch took a fatal fall. I despise the touch screen and even with the key pad it is missing several key buttons like send and end, but most importantly the menu button. I have figured out how to do most of the stuff I need, though it is much less efficient poking at the screen.

I cannot for the life of me though figure out how to highlight and copy text from the web browser, received email, etc. I have had some mild success with it in outgoing email and docs but even that rarely accomplishes what I want and usually ends up just selecting the word I have finally managed to hit with my fat finger, or the whole text, but is almost impossible to select just a phrase or paragraph.

Any pointers would be much appreciated. I really wish I had my menu button back
    06-08-13 06:45 PM
    Here ya go...

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...3759181682.jsp

Posted via CB10
    Tim6876 likes this.
    06-08-13 07:10 PM
    Try tapping the word. Then hold it. It should select just the word.
    Keep holding, and it should select the sentence.
    If you still keep holding, it should select the paragraph.

You can further edit your selection by moving the markers.

Not as efficient as it was with the Trackpad but... should help to some degree.
    B Pretto and Tim6876 like this.
    06-09-13 12:40 AM
    Thank you both for your help.

I had seen the directions on the device's built in instructions, but figured I had to be doing something wrong. After hours now of doing pretty much selecting text of various web pages I still cannot say I have it down, but at least if I fight with it long enough I can get it to work.

Thanks again and RIP to my much missed Torch
    06-09-13 02:06 AM
    You can also give this a shot:
    Hold down the shift-key and tap a word to faster select a part of the text. Now use the markers to finetune the selection.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    06-09-13 02:15 AM
    The markers are so cumbersome as compared to the trackpad. Theres gotta be a better way to highlite. I get frustrated trying to highlight in word or excel on my Q10 so I just went back to my 9700 for word and excel work. Very inefficient....

Chief
    06-10-13 11:12 AM