So after watching the amateurish launch event yesterday I now have a bunch of questions that I'll need to find out before buying one of these. Maybe other folks are on the same page.

I'm one of those conservative folks who still use a Bold. I like the keyboard and so far T-Mobile doesn't offer any alternatives. And I'm not sure if I'd like the iPhone really anyway. Not interested in those gigantic Samsung phones either. So that's why I'm holding out with Blackberry waiting for the new releases.

What I missed yesterday was the focus on the actual advantages of Blackberry. It's not so much about the device really but about the service. Apple doesn't have a push email service for instance. So what's the problem now with my current BB? The calendar sync stopped working. Does BB address this? Will they have their own we calendar or make sure it syncs with something else? That's the kind of stuff that interest me - not the silly old "hub" (which existed before didn't it? I always hated the little icon that gets you to all your messages. I like keeping work and personal separate and I certainly don't need to see FB updates or text messages when sitting in a conference room). So I hope you can still turn all that eye candy off and stick to the basics.

Other than that I just need to know if the Q10 will work via Bluetooth with my Toyota hands-free system...
    decoy7 likes this.
    01-31-13 09:57 AM
    well lets start with the easy stuff.. yes the bluetooth will work.. simple.. next if u look at the tutorials you will see that you can decide what stays and what goes in the the hub.. I must admit, keeping my folders separated is something i love about my current blackberry..... You can select certain folders inside of hub... The calendar they were not too specific on but it is a smart calendar that im sure syncs with something... All in all the launch yesterday was not to compare the new software with any other device because like T.Heins said was that it was a mobile computing device. Theadvantages to me however is the mulit-tasking, the flow of the OS and the gesture based, no home button navigation. Im sure blackberry will get feedback from users and add some of the things we loved about the legacy OS, but the truth is, its something totally new and when you have something totally new, there will be things about it that you will not like.. thats the way it goes sometimes. But until we in the US get the device released, there really isn't a way to get hands on experience to see if it fits us or not..
    01-31-13 10:22 AM
    First things first, no Q10 on TMO. I'm writing them tonight. Please do the same.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-31-13 10:40 AM
    I have heard a lot about the Z10 but not the Q10. I hope the Q10 goes to Verizon. I already got my brother wanting one
    dobermans rule likes this.
    02-01-13 06:20 PM
    Verizon and AT&T have confirmed that they will sell the Q10 and Z10 whenever they're released. Sprint only confirmed the Q10 and T-Mobile only confirmed the Z10.
    02-01-13 10:02 PM
    Thanks for that little nugget of information. That may just be the last straw to end my 12+ year contract with T-Mobile/Voicestream... No iphone, no Q10 - and those are the only choices that I really consider at this point. Really a pity. Alex, where did you write to?
    fcaputo4 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:01 AM
    Alex, where did you write to?
    Can't seem to find it on the mobile sight, but the physical address is on TMO's contact page. My letter was brief: "Dear T-Mobile: My wife and I will, if necessary, end our 17-year association with your company in order to obtain a Blackberry Q10 device. Sincerely, full name."

'Will' was underlined. Hand written with quill and inkwell to get their attention.
    02-02-13 04:12 PM