- CrackBerry User
- 39 Posts
Help! Struggling to sync my OS7 memos and Outlook Notes with my new Q10!!
I've recently bought a brand new, off contract Q10 for the purpose of replacing my 9810 for business purposes.
Loving it for what I need it for, however one of the central purposes of getting it was to bring all my 4,000+ memos from the old 9810 and Microsoft Outlook, to one device on BB10. However the main issue now is that there seems to be absolutely no sync available for memos/notes??
Am I mistaken on that, or is this the case even at this stage in the development cycle of both BlackBerry Link and the Q10?
I know I can backup the OS7 phone in BB Link, and restore to the Q10, but even then, I still can't sync back from the Q10 to any other device (even to Outlook) which is causing me to still take some notes on the 9810 every few days.
I really, really (really) would appreciate some assistance on this, as I running out of patience with this and by extension, the Q10. The idea of the 'potential' of BB10 needs to apply on the ground now rather than the usual 'soon', as I need the phone for practical work purposes day to day.
If the BB10 guys at BlackBerry are still reading the CrackBerry Forums, pleeease...: bring back the functionalities of at least the 9900 and OS7, to the Q10, Z10, Z30, and Q5 (functional sync, Social feeds, etc). This plus common sense updates to the way some of the apps work (such as sharing function for notes? Don't get how that is still lacking....).
Really don't want to return this device, and 'downgrade' to a 9900, but it needs to work in practice, otherwise like many other people, it just wont make sense to keep the BB10 option.
Thanks guys. Hope to hear something positive for the memo sync options, even via a workaround.
- 09-26-2013, 04:48 AM #2
I'm not sure about the Outlook sync part, but your old notes from the BBOS Memopad app are now on your BB10 device in the Remember app.
Find them there?Saving the world, one OS at a time...
Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
• How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS • for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900 •
Curve 8330 → Tour 9630 → Bold 9700 → Torch 9800 → Bold 9900 → Z10 → Z30psst... ↓ Here's THANKS button ↓
- CrackBerry Abuser
09-26-2013, 05:30 AM #3
- 162 Posts
You should do a search in the forums for outlook sync. Bottom line is that you have a couple of options:
1) Export your notes en mass to Evernote and sync OTA (over the air) with your Evernote account. See: Outlook Notes Syncing
You'll need to install the evernote app, or sync a folder through Remember.
2) Use bb10outlooksync to sync your notes. I've used it a few time as a trial, and it seems to work. But YMMV - you should test yourself.
Remember (IMO) is the weakest link on the phone. I have a bunch of notes like you. I'm hoping that bblink will one day support sync of notes. But in the mean time, the above two methods should work for you.
Posted via CB10
- 09-26-2013, 06:45 AM #4
It is simple, but it might be worth a try:
Have you checked your "Remember" app on your Q10? BB10 doesn't have a notepad anymore, like the one used in previous OS. Instead the new application for note taking is called "Remember" and is basicly an improved memopad for BB10.
When the Q10 just got released there were quite some people around here who struggled to find the restored notes on their new Q. They didn't knew the notepad was now called Remember and their restored notes are in there, filed under the uncategorized folder.
I switched from a Bold 9900 to the Q10 using BB Link to transfer all the stuff. While I didn't have thousands of notes (rather 20+), all of them got synced flawlessly on the very first try - just like everything else.
Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
- 09-27-2013, 02:10 PM #5CompanionLink has over 1 million downloads. We develop the most complete BlackBerry to Outlook sync product that lets you choose from USB, WiFi, or Cloud sync. We back our products with telephone technical support in case you ever run into trouble.
- CrackBerry User
- 39 Posts
Thanks for the replies to this thread. Apologies for not getting back to anyone since posting though.
As a quick update, I've tried a number of 3rd party solutions to no avail, and as far as I can tell, Link still seems to show a lack of support for notes syncing to Outlook etc (at least upto one version before the most current iteration).
Anyone had any luck with a solution so far?
Posted via CB10
- By yueytan in forum BlackBerry Z30Replies: 54Last Post: 10-08-2013, 07:46 PM
- By Raestloz in forum BB10 Android App SideloadingReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2013, 10:25 PM
- By mystic84 in forum BlackBerry 10 AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2013, 12:02 PM
- By MajBarny in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2013, 08:26 AM
- By Gareth007 in forum BlackBerry Q10Replies: 3Last Post: 09-26-2013, 04:24 AM