Guys I need some major help. So I bought a spare Q10 and while it was in the middle of installing the 10.3.1 update, I noticed there's no pause option like there is during the download, but I did a battery pull anyway thinking it'd just pause the installation.

After I put the battery back in, I noticed the phone being basically unusable - some of the icons were 10.3.1 and some were 10.1 - the OS itself was basically 10.1

Here's the major screw up - I can't do anything with the phone. The settings app can't open.

I tried using Link and attempted to do a factory reset - which I found out is just a security wipe - and made it even worse. As now, the device can't even read my SIM card because it skiped the entire set-up process after you factory restore, and now when I use Link - it says the device set up is incomplete but I can't even access the setup app on the phone.
    04-18-15 09:47 PM
    There is a process to bring it back, timing is everything, do a search, it involves removing battery and sim, ,bypass link but go into the folder and look for loader.exe. Plug your q into the pc and double click loader

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.281
    04-18-15 09:50 PM
    I'd search the forum or use Google to find an autoloader for Q10, preferably for OS10.3.1.2708 or 10.3.1.2726. Download the autoloader to your PC. This is a 2GB file. Choose the save file option for the download and make sure the download is complete. Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable. Close Link if it fires up. Run the autoloader by double clicking the filename in Windows Explorer. Enter your phone's password if there is one and let the autoloader does its thing. At the end, you phone will reboot and wait for the autoloader to complete the loading process before unplugging the USB cable. Patience is the key word here.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 10:39 PM
    I'd search the forum or use Google to find an autoloader for Q10, preferably for OS10.3.1.2708 or 10.3.1.2726. Download the autoloader to your PC. This is a 2GB file. Choose the save file option for the download and make sure the download is complete. Connect your phone to the PC using a USB cable. Close Link if it fires up. Run the autoloader by double clicking the filename in Windows Explorer. Enter your phone's password if there is one and let the autoloader does its thing. At the end, you phone will reboot and wait for the autoloader to complete the loading process before unplugging the USB cable. Patience is the key word here.
    Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    +1

Posted via 10.3.1
    04-18-15 11:05 PM