Just today, I noticed that once I connects my charger to my phone, the phone will pop up a message that "Use the charger that came with your BlackBerry device to charge the battery faster" despite the fact that am using the charger that came with the phone and I tried to use a fellow Q10 user's charger, it's giving same message, pls what is actually wrong?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 10:27 AM
    It did that with my Z10 a while back. A battery pull did the trick. Did you try that? As to why that happens, have no idea
    08-27-13 10:49 AM
    It did that with my Z10 a while back. A battery pull did the trick. Did you try that? As to why that happens, have no idea
    You shouldn't do battery pulls you just hold the top power button until you see the blue loading symbol and if you have Q hold the up/down button together until you see the blue loading symbol.

Q10/ 1323/ THKS berryleaks
    08-27-13 11:12 AM
    You shouldn't do battery pulls you just hold the top power button until you see the blue loading symbol and if you have Q hold the up/down button together until you see the blue loading symbol.

Q10/ 1323/ THKS berryleaks
    You could do either, battery pulls do not affect the phone anymore than holding the power button.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:54 PM
    i might be mistaken but i think if you go through the threads that you will find that battery pulls are not good for bb10 os and the proper way is using the buttons, just saying.
    08-27-13 01:07 PM
    i might be mistaken but i think if you go through the threads that you will find that battery pulls are not good for bb10 os and the proper way is using the buttons, just saying.
    Lol STL100-1 doesn't work with the buttons..

Posted via CB10 on a Z10!
    08-28-13 08:36 AM
    Lol STL100-1 doesn't work with the buttons..

Posted via CB10 on a Z10!
    Just hold the top button until you see the shutdown countdown, release the button and press the restart icon.
    08-28-13 09:13 AM
    Just today, I noticed that once I connects my charger to my phone, the phone will pop up a message that "Use the charger that came with your BlackBerry device to charge the battery faster" despite the fact that am using the charger that came with the phone and I tried to use a fellow Q10 user's charger, it's giving same message, pls what is actually wrong?

Posted via CB10
    I only saw that once or twice the first couple of times I used my car charger, probably because it has less mA.
    08-28-13 11:20 AM
    Just hold the top button until you see the shutdown countdown, release the button and press the restart icon.
    But that would just be a soft reboot would it not?
    08-29-13 06:24 AM
    I have the same problem as the OP. I've done many battery pulls but still have the problem
    08-29-13 06:40 AM
    But that would just be a soft reboot would it not?
    I've been using, BB10 devices since the DA-A came out, and I've never seen any descriptiion-from a credible source like an engineer who designed it-of how the reboot process is different if you hold the top button through a restart. The long press of the power button was recommended in the case of a 'bricked' DA that wouldn't connect to an autoloader and did not have any method of shutting down other wise.

I just did an experiment with my DA-C. I restarted it by holding the top button until I saw the shutdown countdown, release the button and press the restart icon, then I restareted it by holding the power button until it rebooted. In the first case it took 30 seconds to shut down. In the second 11.5 seconds. So my question is what is the OS doing in the 19 seconds difference? Are those tasks important to the integrety of the OS?

Also, know how the complex power management chips in these devices normally work, hold the power button for about 10 seconds will momentarily shut off the power to the system resetting it. To the OS this is not a lot different than pulling the battery. When you press and hold the power button after 3 seconds the OS starts to shutdown the phone to turn it off. About 7 seconds later the power is removed from the CPU. How much work was left undone, and how important is it?
    08-29-13 10:09 PM