As much as I love this phone right now I HATE it! I've been posting about the frustration with my texting. Well, now I was in the contact that was locked into MMS. As I was writing a text an option popped up offering to end chat. Somehow I thought that would help. We'll, it did, I am back to SMS with that contact but, it seems to habe deleted a years worth of texting with him! Now what? Anyway to get it back?
    08-25-13 02:01 PM
    As much as I love this phone right now I HATE it! I've been posting about the frustration with my texting. Well, now I was in the contact that was locked into MMS. As I was writing a text an option popped up offering to end chat. Somehow I thought that would help. We'll, it did, I am back to SMS with that contact but, it seems to habe deleted a years worth of texting with him! Now what? Anyway to get it back?
    Have you done a (recent) backup of your phone using Link/Desktop Manager?, you can restore your messages that way.
    beamolite likes this.
    08-25-13 02:41 PM
    This isn't help but why are you saving years worth of text messages with one person?

Posted via CB10
    beamolite and axllebeer like this.
    08-25-13 03:11 PM
    I don't know what you mean by saying 'years worth of text messages'. The last backup should be just that, a backup of what is on your phone.

You can get Link to restore to factory settings, and then maybe restore the backup you made earlier...try it and see what happens.
    beamolite likes this.
    08-25-13 03:15 PM
    I also wouldn't mind knowing why it matters to have a years worth of text saved. You can restore if you backed and and get it back. Also the texting issue is an OS update issue and deleting the thread fixes it as you already know. Good luck.

Posted via Q10
    08-25-13 03:30 PM
    Sentimental value. Someone that I became very close to and built the relationship over the year. Cute to look back and read the stages of the relationship. Is there a way to restore only 1 contact thru link? Also, no way to undo an end chat?
    08-25-13 04:34 PM
    No way to undo an end chat, I think the OS warns you of this if you try to delete all prior. You can restore if you backed up and it will restore from that day on.

Posted via Q10
    08-25-13 05:01 PM
    Not sure what you mean by from that day on. Can I restore just one contact? Also, can I just read it from within Link? I don't really need it on my phone just something that I want for posterity
    08-25-13 05:59 PM
    Look for an app called InTouch, it is free and you can backup and restore contacts there. Another good one is Contact X.
    08-25-13 09:48 PM
    Thanks. Will either of them backup an entire threat, or better yet, all of my text, at once?
    08-25-13 10:16 PM
    Not sure what you mean by from that day on. Can I restore just one contact? Also, can I just read it from within Link? I don't really need it on my phone just something that I want for posterity
    1) That day on meaning your restore will only contain the information it had when you backed up your phone on date xx/xx/xxxx
    2) No you can not restore only one contact's worth of text messages
    3) No you can not read it within link.

Suggestion: Copy all your text messages and paste them to DocsToGo (or equivalent) and email the document to yourself, if you REALLY want to keep all those messages.
    08-25-13 10:18 PM
    Both look like backup for contacts. Don't see anything about text
    08-25-13 10:18 PM
    No only link will. But u will only be able to restore ALL text with everyone. Then u will have to delete the ones u don't want.....

...... if it does work. you should copy and paste the whole conversation history and email to yourself

Looking back is cute..... Enjoy

BlackBerryKeepMoving

Posted via CB10 on my Rogers LTE MAX Q10 and LTE Z10 in Toronto
    08-25-13 10:21 PM
    Just a FYI, usually keeping that many messages in your messaging app cause your phone to go slow, better to back up else where then delete off the phone!

Sent from HTC One /BlackBerry Q10
    08-25-13 10:35 PM
    If I restore all old texts, will it then therefore delete all newer text that are in my phone now that came in after the backup date?
    08-26-13 12:28 PM
    Why would you need a years worth of text? I erase mine weekly I can see emails but that's a long time in my opinion to save text messages.
    08-27-13 08:30 AM
    See earlier post
    08-27-13 11:02 AM
    Just a FYI, usually keeping that many messages in your messaging app cause your phone to go slow, better to back up else where then delete off the phone!

Sent from HTC One /BlackBerry Q10
    I would disagree, BB10 devices have really good compression of message files, plus they barely take up any space in the storage. This was surely an issue with older legacy devices who had very limited amounts of storage space. I will give you this though, OP mentions "years of text messages" which means they are most likely on a legacy device (for obvious reasons).

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 12:58 PM
    Not sure that I understood, it's a years worth of text, originally started on my BlackBerry Bold and restored to my Q10 and continued
    08-27-13 01:07 PM