I was using BlackBerry 9780 and wanted buying a Q10. So I had to sell my old BlackBerry to get enough complete cash to purchase my Q10. But b4 I sold it, I did a backup on my laptop. Now I have the Q10 and can't restore. Please I need help how can I restore through the link?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:13 AM
    I was using BlackBerry 9780 and wanted buying a Q10. So I had to sell my old BlackBerry to get enough complete cash to purchase my Q10. But b4 I sold it, I did a backup on my laptop. Now I have the Q10 and can't restore. Please I need help how can I restore through the link?

Posted via CB10
    Hi
    I ran into the same situation when I tried BlackBerry Bold for a week and wanted to go back to Z10. I couldn't restore data from Bold to Z10. They are different OS, it won't work. I googled every where for solution but no help. Sorry

? Z30/Q10 OS 10.2.1.2141 On T-Mobile 4G LTE
    03-13-14 10:30 AM
    You need to follow the steps spelled out for doing a device switch.
    Here's a video link to help you out.
    http://demos.blackberry.com/blackber...ice-Switch.mp4

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:33 AM
    Hi
    I ran into the same situation when I tried BlackBerry Bold for a week and wanted to go back to Z10. I couldn't restore data from Bold to Z10. They are different OS, it won't work. I googled every where for solution but no help. Sorry

? Z30/Q10 OS 10.2.1.2141 On T-Mobile 4G LTE
    You will get all your information except for apps, emails, BBM chats.
    What you will get is basically your browser bookmarks, contacts, phone logs.
    Everything that can still work with the new os will be transferred from your back up.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:35 AM
    You need to just open BBLink and it will recognize your legacy backup. Then you can transfer information to your new Q10.
    03-13-14 10:35 AM
    If your current BlackBerry device is running BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 or later, you can use BlackBerry Link to transfer supported data and settings such as device settings, phone history, media files, browser bookmarks and so on to your new BlackBerry 10 device. This feature is designed to move personal data but not work data.
    Download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from www.blackberry.com/BlackBerryLink.

Open BlackBerry Link.
    Connect your current BlackBerry device to your computer using a USB cable.
    Complete the instructions on the screen.
    When prompted, connect your new BlackBerry 10 device using a USB cable.
    Complete the instructions on the screen.

Note: Email accounts and unsupported applications aren't transferred to your new device. You can set up your email accounts on your new device in the BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 10:39 AM