I tried out the Q10 this week - I liked it but not enough to commit for a 2 year contract (particularly with the uncertainty B'berry is facing) so I've decided to return it.

I want to switch back to my Bold -- but can't find any way to do it. Lots of articles and advice for going from the Bold to the Q10 but nothing for doing the reverse. I can't find a way on the Q10 to use the media card to do it (which is how I did the first switch); Blackberry Link (which crashes my desktop every single time I use it!) won't let me select the Bold as the 'to', and Desktop Manager won't let me select the Q10 as the 'from'.

I can't get my email accounts started again on the Bold and it's so frustrating! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    09-28-13 04:38 AM
    ... Blackberry Link (which crashes my desktop every single time I use it!)...
    Sorry, not helpful to your main topic, but...

Are you on a Win8 PC? Connecting cable to USB 3.0 slot?
    Try connecting the USB cable to a USB 2.0 slot, not a USB 3.0.
    soobydoo likes this.
    09-28-13 05:37 AM
    Anyone have success with this yet?
    10-05-13 11:20 AM
    Don't think it's possible with Link in a simple way.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-13 11:23 AM
    Don't think it's possible with Link in a simple way.
    I'm OK w/complicated, lol!
    10-05-13 11:25 AM
    I'm a wuss, take it into the carrier store and have them figure it out.

Posted via my Q
    10-05-13 10:42 PM
    2 choices:

1) if you backed up your Bold before switching to the Q10 you can just restore it from Desktop Manager. Also, some carriers will let you activate the phone OTA through their website.

2) this stinks, but you may have to start fresh. Make contact with your carrier, have the Bold activated and start fresh.

Also depends on location/carrier. Here in US there is major difference between CDMA and GSM and Bold is 3G and Q10 is 4g/LTE so some hoops to jump through.

Posted via Verizon Q10 from Philly...
    10-05-13 11:11 PM
    You can't use Link, period. Link is strictly for QNX-based devices (it works for the PlayBook now, by the way).

You MAY be able to do this through Desktop Manager.
    10-05-13 11:14 PM
    I also dumped my Q10 and I'm back to the good old world of BB Bold.
    I tried all the methods and had a hectic experience of getting information on how to restore my Q10 data into the Bold. There isn't simply any documented way to do it. Thanks, Blackberry!

I have tried the following methods and success rate was as mentioned below.

1. Use your old BB Bold backup and the good old Desktop manager to restore everything.
    Result: I got all my data from the old backup. None of my Q10 data!

2. Use BB link to take a new backup file of Q10. Restore all the contents of this file using Desktop manager to BB Bold.
    Result: Desktop manager could not read the link backup file. But after numerous tries, it restored some data and left out many.

3. OTA.
    Start fresh. You will be able to restore all your contacts and email OTA. This is the best option.
    Result: Contacts and latest Emails got restored flawlessly. Sms, Memos and other nitty gritty useful data wasn't available.

Kudos to your decision.
    Bold does exactly what we want our Blackberry to do for us. Q10 was a disappointment.
    10-06-13 01:55 AM
    I didn't find a way to go back to the Bold. Despite hours of Google and searching BlackBerry doc'n I couldn't find a solution. No matter what I did Link refused to acknowledge the Bold, and Desktop Manager refused to recognise the Q10. So I gave up!

I was looking for a new phone ( iPhone, Samsung or the new Sony) when I happened upon what I thought was a really good price for the Z10 (WAY less than the others) and decided to give it a try. Loving it!!

(PS - Thanks again Elite1 for the tip to use a USB 2 slot instead of a USB 3 -- I swapped and haven't had any problems with Link crashing my desktop since.)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by soobydoo; 10-06-13 at 04:03 AM.
    10-06-13 03:47 AM