Hello Folks,
    Straight to the point:
    1.1 If you load 5 (or more) tabs in to the browsers and minimize it, when you go back to each of them after 1 hour lets say (or after you work with some other 4-5 apps), does it reload pages?
    1.2 Since there is a maximum of 8 open apps tiles (thumbnails), what happens whit the 9th one (and so on), do they get killed or once you click on the shortcut of the app it goes back to where it was?
    To summarize Q1 - I need the browser (and tabs) to stay open forever. In android, it offloads the pages from RAM as soon as you open 2-3 apps more or times out after a while which drives me nuts (and costs me money)! Tried 10 browsers on Android, custom roms, mods - nothing helps.

2. Emails delays are unaccepted - one minute delay sometimes costs me money. I am using google apps services for my domain/email - e.g. m.google.com is my mail server. Can I get instant (PUSH) emails with BB10 ?

These are the top 2 requirements I have - true multitasking and instant emails (5 secs delay is acceptable). I like everything else on that phone and I am ready to jump in.
    07-21-13 08:38 AM
    Welcome to the Forums. What phone are you currently using?
    07-21-13 08:51 AM
    2 phones all the time:
    - Nokia N8 - time to replace it
    - Huawei P1XL (Slim but awesome battery live) - that stays for now
    07-21-13 08:57 AM
    Did the Nokia fulfill your needs?
    07-21-13 09:00 AM
    If you don't want to loose your open tabs, just leave the browser open. If you open a 9th app it will replace one of the active 8. Usually the least use (the once all the way at the bottom).

On the email side I must admit that I have experience some delay.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:04 AM
    I have 4 email accounts set up on my Q10, 2 Web based and 2 from the work server, all are coming in fast, Def within 5 second.

As for browser, I don't know, 1 or 2 tabs is all I ever use. Good luck with you decision.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 09:04 AM
    Did the Nokia fulfill your needs?
    Yes, but in "slow motion"
    In other words, it has true multitasking (till RAM is full) but its so jerky and slow you can't use it. One time I had a webpage open (that must have happen by mistake as its browser is unusable, opera too) for a week and it was still there.

In case you wonder, now I only use it for navigation, phone calls, and some pictures that require real flash (portraits).
    07-21-13 09:05 AM
    If you don't want to loose your open tabs, just leave the browser open. If you open a 9th app it will replace one of the active 8. Usually the least use (the once all the way at the bottom).

On the email side I must admit that I have experience some delay.

Posted via CB10
    So the 9th app does get closed?
    07-21-13 09:07 AM

As for browser, I don't know, 1 or 2 tabs is all I ever use. Good luck with you decision.

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so when you have 2 tabs, do you see them reload content when you go back to the browser later on?
    07-21-13 09:12 AM
    How much later on? I just opened 7 tabs and loaded different pages on each and then went from tab to tab - there was no re loading.

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    07-21-13 09:21 AM
    The 9th app does get closed. There is support for apps either saving their state or continuing to run in the background, but it seems like only BlackBerry has access to this ability at the moment (the Contacts app will always open to where it was before, even after being closed). Headless app support is coming with the 10.2 update expected around Sept-Oct.

I only use two or three tabs in the browser, and normally they do not reload pages after inactivity. I have had a reload happen on a YouTube page that I left for half a day, but that may be due to a script on the page. Pages like Google searches have never reloaded on me even after being left over a workday (9+ hours).

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    djsvet likes this.
    07-21-13 09:24 AM

When the 9th app opens, the 8th one closes and the one you just opened moves to the first position. The one that was killed will not save it's state to memory.

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    07-21-13 09:24 AM
    I have 4 emails on my Q10, 2 Gmail, 1 Yahoo and 1 Web mail, delivery is always instant, only issue is that the lowest refresh for emails is 5 minutes, but you can refresh manually from the right side pane in the Hub, not really an issue.

As for pages staying on the browser, its one of the things I love most about my Q10, those tabs stay as you left them for as long as the browser stays open in active frames, quite amazing really. I just tested with 8 apps open and there's no sign of anything slowing down one bit, even with a couple of android apps open in active frames. I use an S3 as my second phone and I've always hated that laggy thing it does with everything and especially the browser thing you mentioned it just dumps your content each time, which is useless for trying to access secure pages like online banking, if you have to go check an email quickly or something that's it you start again, but not with the Q10.

I'm shopping for another android phone to replace the S3, ever since I got the Q10, the degree to which I loathe this annoying laggy phone called the S3 is beyond words! I was hopping the a Nokia would do it for me but, apparently not! I might have to get a Z10!
    djsvet likes this.
    07-21-13 09:28 AM
    Sorry to be posting several times, it is a great post. You can set the browser to open last open tabs, this is not default, but it would save you should your browser be number 8 or if it just crashes.

My email never experiences delays. I use Office 365 with EAS for my mail accounts. When I hear my phone notification when at my computer, I know an email is about to arrive in Outlook on my desktop. Mail always hits my phone 10 seconds before hitting Outlook.

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    07-21-13 09:30 AM
    Thank you very much for all replies so far.

It seems like we have a TRUE MULTITASKING limited only by number off (8) apps (+ some crucial, like phone and BB HUB).
    I think that will do it for me. It seems like BB10 is the only (current) platform that puts the user in control, instead of the device to control the user!

Now, more comments on the email reliability?
    07-21-13 09:34 AM
    Sorry to be posting several times, it is a great post. You can set the browser to open last open tabs, this is not default, but it would save you should your browser be number 8 or if it just crashes.
    With your addition Q1.1 and 1.2 are completely answered!

Some of you are saying 5 minutes refresh intervals for emails - that isn't gonna do it for me. From what I read so far it seems like the servers must support PUSH (IMAP ?) or ActiveSync in order to get instant emails. Pretty sure gmails supports IMAP PUSH, but need a little more confirmation.
    07-21-13 09:41 AM
    You don't need refresh intervals when using Google apps, it pushes. Refresh intervals is for POP or old school email accounts. Your GAPPS will push fine.

Posted via CB10
    djsvet likes this.
    07-21-13 09:45 AM
    I'm shopping for another android phone to replace the S3, ever since I got the Q10, the degree to which I loathe this annoying laggy phone called the S3 is beyond words! I was hopping the a Nokia would do it for me but, apparently not! I might have to get a Z10!
    I was hoping for the same thing - waited mnths for a Lumia 1020 for the camera but after seeing some sample photos I am very disappointed - Nokia is now worse then Apple. In addition I played with 925 in a store yesterday there is no WOW effect. Then I moved to the Q10 and all my 10 fingers + 2 eyes + 2 ears were amazed!
    07-21-13 09:49 AM
    I AM BUYING BB Q10 !
    Thank you everyone!
    Let the multitasking begins...
    FocusedBerry and sergey_IL like this.
    07-21-13 09:55 AM
    Jump about 4 minutes into this video and start watching for active frames - but really I'd watch the whole video it will gibe you a REALLY good insight into what the Q10 is capable of!

07-21-13 10:07 AM
    djsvetljo, two bits of friendly advice: 1) give yourself time to understand the new Q10, and 2) the new swipe function (peek / flow) will drive you crazy until you understand it as a simple "windshield-wiper" motion. BBRY both under- and over-explained it in their tutorials.
    Like you will:, I just spent the last week transitioning from a Galaxy S3 + BB 9700 to a BB Q10 (kept the S3 as a music player for long trips). For some reason my old Bold is still getting push email (via WiFi), so yes I can confirm that the Q10 is just as fast -- and as instantaneous -- as the old Bold on my Gmail-hosted work email.
    Enjoy
    07-21-13 10:18 AM
    The Hub is not an app - it's always on. This means you have access to your emails, texts, BBM and incoming notices from social accounts (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) in addition to the 8 apps that can be open at the same time. To post from social accounts, you need the app (someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been able to figure out how to post on FB and LinkedIn directly from the Hub, without opening the app). Also, your battery life will suck with this kind of use, but then again, probably not as badly as with any other phone.
    07-21-13 10:32 AM
    I haven't been able to figure out how to post on FB and LinkedIn directly from the Hub, without opening the app).
    From a main screen (one with icons on it for example) you can just type "fb" and then your status and it will give you an option to update your facebook status. "li" works for Linked In I'm told - there are others too - like "bbm" to send a BBM message or "em" to send an e-mail - just play around with it.

If you're stuck check out the link to the video I posted above - that'll explain it better.

Harrty
    ALToronto likes this.
    07-21-13 10:42 AM
    I never tell people how to use their phones, but NINE open apps?? That's going to burn battery power!

As far as push email, it is indeed instantaneous as long as your email provider supports it. My GMail and .Mac email comes in simultaneously on my Q10 with my desktop computer. I just tested Hotmail as well and it is indeed instantaneous.
    07-21-13 10:49 AM
    So the 9th app does get closed?
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    07-21-13 12:38 PM
35 12