Hi all,

I need help! All apps (available via BB World and Snap) on my Q10 that have worked just fine until a few days ago have suddenly stopped working. I have freed up quite a bit of memory, and I have the latest software (operate on 10.2. as 10.3. is still unavailable for Q10); I have even reinstalled Snap (not sure what to do with BBWorld?), and tried reinstalling some apps through PC via BB link, but the problem remains. What's the problem? When I try to install/reinstall, or load an existing app, all I see is a little blue line that shows progress in loading the app, including the message "initializing" or "processing" - depending what I'm trying to do. The loading/initializing goes to about a half way through the end and then simply stops. It's incredibly frustrating.

As I said, all these apps have worked just fine until a few days ago so it's not a matter of incompatibility for Android apps. I was abroad when I first noticed this issue with Skype. However, now that I'm back in the States, I am realizing that it's not just Skype that's non-functional; it's all apps!

Does all this even make sense? Can someone please help? Thank you!
    05-25-15 08:17 AM
    Have you tried a reset? Hold the up and down volume buttons down for about 30 seconds or so.
    05-25-15 09:30 AM
    Hi! Just tried, and no change. Other ideas?
    05-25-15 11:38 AM
    If nobody has any better suggestions, then I'm thinking that you'll probably have to consider a reload. You can get an Autoloader for 10.3.1, so no need to worry about a carrier push. There are supposed to be improvements in the Android runtime, so if you are using a lot of Android apps it does make sense.
    Obviously it will wipe your device, so make a backup with Link and another by a secondary means, whether by manually copying important stuff, or using an app (if it works).
    When installed, don't reinstall system settings from the BlackBerry Link backup, it may cause more problems. It's a hassle, but just configure from scratch.
    di1811 likes this.
    05-25-15 12:57 PM
    You are going to say you have already tried this but just do as I say because it usually works.

Do a hard reset like a previous user explained hold the Volume + and Volume - buttons at the same time until the device turns black (usually around 20 seconds).

Then once it turns black let go of both buttons, and PUT DOWN THE DEVICE.

DON'T EVEN TOUCH IT!

Just leave it for 15 minutes.

Don't check the time, don't check your messages just leave it stationery and don't lay a finger on it.

After 15 minutes or so you can unlock your device and try to open an app.

If you still have the issue then I'm unsure but this always works for me and it has helped many other BlackBerry 10 users.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    05-25-15 01:02 PM
    No, didn't do anything.

Thanks for the message though. Wish it worked.
    05-25-15 02:36 PM
    No, didn't do anything.

Thanks for the message though. Wish it worked.
    Are you scared to do a manual upgrade?

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    05-26-15 12:03 AM
    Hello again,

Apologies for the delay in my response. I ended up resting the phone to factory settings and my apps work now. Was trying to avoid that because I didn't do a proper backup before this issue, but ended up resting after all. Thanks very much for your time and help, really. Much appreciated.

Very best to you
    baarn likes this.
    05-30-15 04:44 PM
    Apologies for the delay in my response. I ended up resting the phone to factory settings and my apps work now. Was trying to avoid that because I didn't do a proper backup before this issue, but ended up resting after all. Thanks very much for your time and help, really. Much appreciated.
    Glad that it's working for you now.
    I only just read the PM you sent me some days ago. 99.9% of the time I only use the CB10 App to access CrackBerry, only logging in occasionally every few weeks on the full site where I can see the PMs. My apologies.
    05-31-15 05:50 PM