First of all what a great site this is. I know you are all Blackberry addicts and I have been trying to get an honest answer but really need advice. I have a Torch with a slider keyboard which I absolutely love. I have to change as we get email leads at work that have to be responded to really quickly so hopefully an upgrade will be faster?. Everyone is telling me to get the i phone 5 as its quicker. I went to the local Telus store and loved the size and feel of the keyboard on the Q10 that actually feels better than the Torch.So my question if anyone can please help or know?
    Would the Blackberry be just as fast picking up the emails? Also to those of you that actually have a Q10 was it a good move?
    Sorry to ramble and thanks in advance.
    05-23-13 07:49 AM
    Hello,

Well for my personal & profesionnal use I use them both..
    For work I prefer to use the blackberry Q10 cause I type so much faster than on the iphone 5. To keep mails answer them as fast as you can the BlackBerry will be better.
    Iphone 5 is just only better because it gets the bunch of apps I need for personal life..

If in a short period the app I need come to BlackBerry then I will make the full switch to it,... that's the way it is for me...

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:55 AM
    If you use a corporate exchange account or an Outlook.com account or similar, your email will be pretty well instantaneous. When an email arrives on your work server, it will be pushed to your phone. You will also get your calendar and contacts syncing. On the older BlackBerry phones like yours, you only got calendar sync on corporate BES accounts, not BIS.

Assuming your Torch was not on a corporate BES, the BIS system would only check your server once every twenty minutes, thus the delay. Once it got an email it would check more often until no more came then you would be back to the 20min polling.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 07:59 AM
    It's all the same.... both phones have big enough processors to load e mails. I just sold my iphone 5 not long ago for the q10 and I will not be looking back. Q10 is an amazing phone

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:49 AM
    If you are merely judging them on emailing capabilities, then, the BlackBerry Q10 wins.

I would say that the flow into the Hub is what makes it faster.

Posted via CB10
    moontune likes this.
    05-23-13 09:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure the time to receive emails on either phone should be the exact same, however the process of actually opening the email and typing out a reply will probably be quicker, and more accurate (depending on your typing/spelling skills) on the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    moontune likes this.
    05-23-13 09:30 AM
    First of all what a great site this is. I know you are all Blackberry addicts and I have been trying to get an honest answer but really need advice. I have a Torch with a slider keyboard which I absolutely love. I have to change as we get email leads at work that have to be responded to really quickly so hopefully an upgrade will be faster?. Everyone is telling me to get the i phone 5 as its quicker. I went to the local Telus store and loved the size and feel of the keyboard on the Q10 that actually feels better than the Torch.So my question if anyone can please help or know?
    Would the Blackberry be just as fast picking up the emails? Also to those of you that actually have a Q10 was it a good move?
    Sorry to ramble and thanks in advance.
    I made the switch. I have a Gmail, icloud, and exchange server email accounts. I have not had a moment when a email comes through and both phones go off a second apart. Sometimes they switch off which one goes first. So for your answer. Both get it the same time.

PS....for emails the keyboard is by far the best on the Q10!

Posted via Q10!
    05-23-13 08:35 PM
    the iPhone does not push gmail. It syncs every 15 minutes. Blackberry (07) pushes gmail instantly on BIS. I have had the iPhone 5 for 8 months and I just switched back to the 9930. I could not take the email, terrible calendar and other shortcomings of the iPhone. As soon as the Q10 hits VZN, I will be there that day. The iPhone is great for music and media, but not for work and keeping yourself organized.

I made the switch. I have a Gmail, icloud, and exchange server email accounts. I have not had a moment when a email comes through and both phones go off a second apart. Sometimes they switch off which one goes first. So for your answer. Both get it the same time.

PS....for emails the keyboard is by far the best on the Q10!

Posted via Q10!
    05-23-13 11:38 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help. I am more inclined to stick with the Blackberry now. I love the keyboard on my torch so it can only get better with the Q10. I am a bit useless at typing anyway.
    05-24-13 06:00 AM
    the iPhone does not push gmail. It syncs every 15 minutes. Blackberry (07) pushes gmail instantly on BIS. I have had the iPhone 5 for 8 months and I just switched back to the 9930. I could not take the email, terrible calendar and other shortcomings of the iPhone. As soon as the Q10 hits VZN, I will be there that day. The iPhone is great for music and media, but not for work and keeping yourself organized.
    Well that's not true if you use the Gmail app on iphone. But I still use both phones - Q10 for chat/email and iphone for fun apps, entertainment.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-24-13 06:31 AM
    If you use a corporate exchange account or an Outlook.com account or similar, your email will be pretty well instantaneous. When an email arrives on your work server, it will be pushed to your phone. You will also get your calendar and contacts syncing. On the older BlackBerry phones like yours, you only got calendar sync on corporate BES accounts, not BIS.

Assuming your Torch was not on a corporate BES, the BIS system would only check your server once every twenty minutes, thus the delay. Once it got an email it would check more often until no more came then you would be back to the 20min polling.

Posted via CB10
    See now this is interesting.
    I mean
    On my BlackBerry 8330, 9650 and 9930, I would get my mail instantly from Gmail.
    I'm not sure why, but I never really had a problem with getting an email unless it was an email that I sent from the same account.
    [email protected] to [email protected]
    then I would never receive it. (unless I checked my computer.)

On my Dev Alpha C, I get emails a bit later, (or sometimes gmail decides the Q10 is a malicious device and decides to not send it to me) but no complaints.

How exactly does this work? I'm using imap on Gmail.

Why have I been getting my emails instantly?
    05-24-13 06:59 AM
    Q10, seriously. No need to ask, but since you did. Q10 for sure.

I don't care what the iphone does, the Q10 is WAY better. Leaps and bounds better. What's an iphone anyways?

Posted via CB10 on a Q10 or a Z10, either way it's golden.
    05-24-13 01:19 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help. I am more inclined to stick with the Blackberry now. I love the keyboard on my torch so it can only get better with the Q10. I am a bit useless at typing anyway.
    Yes, this is a BB fan site, so you will get more people who will recommend BB. But honestly, and I always try to be fair, based on your needs and desire from the phone, the Q10 will be better suited for you. If you had come here asking about the phones and said that you care about watching Netflix or playing a lot of games on it, then I would have said the iPhone. But like it's been mentioned, while touchscreen keyboards have come a long way, the physical keyboard is still more accurate in my opinion. I can usually tell I made a typo without even looking, I could "feel" that I pressed the wrong button. On a touchscreen, I have to literally stare at the screen while I'm typing... There are also the keyboard shortcuts like type and go to make getting things done that much faster too. And one button speed dialing from the home screen should be fixed soon. Right now that doesn't work, which is a shame, because it's an awesome feature I love on my Bold 9900...
    05-24-13 01:54 PM
    My advice, hold onto your Torch before going all out on the Q10.
    05-24-13 02:02 PM