I know this may not be a big deal to some, but since I'm the only human being in Indiana who wants a blackberry, it's a big deal to me.

First, I went to verizon to look at one one. They didn't have it out. It was in the back. No blackberry advertising of any sort. All phones on display were charged except their z10. Their z10 did have a flyer under their display phone.

I asked the rep if they had a q10. She brought me a z10. I then told ER she brought me the wrong device and requested a q10 with a keyboard. She said she wasn't sure if there was a phone like that and went in the back and brought one up.

I asked if we could pop in the battery an start it up and she said no. Blackberry did my provide the store with any activation codes. I asked when a love one will go on display and she repeated that blackberry didn't give the codes so se doesn't know.

I held the phone and from all the online pictures it looked really big. But when I held it it didn't seem too big. It get like a normal blackberry. I wasn't allowed to take off the plastic packaging though. Keyboard felt solid.

I was thinking to myself it didn't seem as "shiny" as the 9900. The 9900 had a "solid" and "shiny" feel to it. As if it where solid metal. The q10 felt plastic like.

I typed on the keyboard (without a screen) and it felt good.

Now I just need to find a store that has a live model!
    06-12-13 09:58 PM
    The Q10 is the rebirth of crackberry addiction. I can't stay off this smartphone. I find any reason to type on this bad boy. Like this comment post for example. Posting attachments from the browser, flash, all the apps I need. I'm a happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:09 PM
    I have an iphone now and I absolutely hate typing on it. I don't care for apps and I just want to type accurately. Honestly that is all I want.

For instance writing this reply has created 5 typos/misspellings I needed to go back and fix.
    06-12-13 10:12 PM
    The 9900 is shiny and solid. The Q10 is plasticky. Your first impressions were correct, no getting around it.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    06-12-13 10:14 PM
    At first I thought the Q was not built as nicely as the 9930 but after having it for a few days, I've come to appreciate the understated look. It's black matte, very serious, a work style phone. I have a white Z10 and that's more "fun" looking.

I also thought it would be too big based on the pictures, but it's only slightly larger than my old Bold. Still easy to use and type one-handed, and I love the keyboard. Thought I'd have a hard time with it being straight vs curved but it works just fine.

Too bad about the Verizon store though. I was in South Bend, Mishawaka, and Elkhart on business last week and I saw very few BlackBerry phones outside of work.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 10:20 PM
    As an update to my post above. I was able to play with a blackberry q10 that was charged and operable. Despite the device feeling plastic like, having the keyboard and the OS is truly the experience one needs to have when deciding if they want a q10. Immediately when I was typing and writing and using the device it was immediately apparent that this was a device to have.

It just naturally flowed together correctly and it was easy to navigate. The only thing missing in my mind was a button of sorts. However that is just training my fingers to not press a button and to pull up from the bottom of the screen. It's a simple fix.

It is amazing to be able to type anything from the home screen and begin to do it. For instance it saves so many steps to just type email Bob and you were able to email. I just can't get over how amazingly simple that is in the impact it makes an operating system. Also I found out that if you want to get into the hub immediately from any app you do not have to swipe up and then to the right. All you have to do is swipe diagonally from the bottom left corner to the Center of your screen. This is such a timesaver.

Overall I am absolutely convinced I need a q10
    06-13-13 06:29 PM
    Actually I'm in Indiana and I have a Q10.

I bought mine 2 days ago and tmobile said I was the first and only sale they've had at that store for this device. I love this phone and can't believe people haven't been snatching it up. Maybe it's due to the delays

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:40 PM
    As an update to my post above. I was able to play with a blackberry q10 that was charged and operable. Despite the device feeling plastic like, having the keyboard and the OS is truly the experience one needs to have when deciding if they want a q10. Immediately when I was typing and writing and using the device it was immediately apparent that this was a device to have.

It just naturally flowed together correctly and it was easy to navigate. The only thing missing in my mind was a button of sorts. However that is just training my fingers to not press a button and to pull up from the bottom of the screen. It's a simple fix.

It is amazing to be able to type anything from the home screen and begin to do it. For instance it saves so many steps to just type email Bob and you were able to email. I just can't get over how amazingly simple that is in the impact it makes an operating system. Also I found out that if you want to get into the hub immediately from any app you do not have to swipe up and then to the right. All you have to do is swipe diagonally from the bottom left corner to the Center of your screen. This is such a timesaver.

Overall I am absolutely convinced I need a q10
    That's great to hear that you were able to finally play with one that was charged up and really see how amazing the OS and phone is. I was finally able to play with a Q10 as well and my fingers were stumbling a bit with the keyboard, but it only took me a few minutes to get use to it. I was also trying to do as many gestures as possible based off of what I have read and seen on CB.

When I went to the Verizon store, I simply told the sales person that I was looking around, so they wouldn't bother me and possibly tell me that BBRY is not a good phone, etc. I wanted to experience it for myself. I played with both the Z10 and Q10 side by side, as no one was was near the BB phones, so I was trying to test out as much as I could.

I haven't gotten my BB10 phone yet, as I was waiting for the updates and really for the Q10 to come out to see which one I would like better. I don't play too many games, if any at all and mainly use my phone for communication, so I think the Q10 is the phone for me. But now deciding between black or white is going to be a difficult choice.

Let us know some other feedback after you get it and have used it for a bit longer.
    06-13-13 06:50 PM