I'm guessing that unless many native apps come out for Google services, I'll never be able to use this device as a daily driver unless I make several major adjustments...unless someone has any ideas? Surprise me. :-)

1. I have a bluetooth MetaWatch. There are no plans for the team to make anything for any BlackBerry devices officially, so any development will have to be by third-parties. Can the existing Android apps be sideloaded to a Q10 & deliver notifications to the watch?

2. Google Voice. My main phone number is a GV number & I use the excellently-integrated Android dialler to plane my calls through it just as if it were a regular cellular call. What is the closest I'll be able to come to this on the Q10? My texts get forwarded to both my email and as a 'middleman' number text message, so I can reply to those with ease.

3. Google Maps, Google Now, Google+, Google location services. Has anyone been able to get these apps & services running, especially since the big maps change? Google Now is nice too, but it does rely on a variety of things, particularly the Google location service continuously updating the user's location in the background via wifi hotspots / cell towers in the area - this doesn't use GPS.

4. Google Calendar.

5. Facebook Messenger.

Thanks.
    09-26-13 01:48 AM
    Would not a Google phone be a better choice for you? The Nexus 5 is coming out soon.
    rthonpm likes this.
    09-26-13 02:39 AM
    I'd have to agree. While some of those services *may* work as sideloads, it'll be a manual process to install and update. Facebook messenger however in my view isn't needed - it's integrated straight into blackberry.
    09-26-13 02:46 AM
    Google maps works just fine with Be Maps Pro, and Google calendar syncs well too. I agree with the other posters though, anyone that's entrenched in the Google infrastructure really needs an Android phone and there are some really good choices out there.
    09-26-13 08:45 AM
    I just switched from Nexus 4 to Q10 (for work). I miss all the Google services. The calendar is decent in Q10, but other than that...
    09-26-13 08:47 AM
    I love the BB10 phones but if you are a heavy Google service user I would have advise you to get a Nexus or Samsung..... these phones you can expect to get the most recent android OS updates.
    09-26-13 08:54 AM
    Android is really just a delivery model for Google services at its core so why would you consider a different device? Google wouldn't give it away for free if it didn't get something out of it and services is part of their 'lock in'. I'm not big on Google services, though I do use Google Voice: and I use the Android port Spare Phone (available in BlackBerry World) for it and it works pretty well: integrates with the Contacts on the device.
    09-26-13 09:49 AM
    While I agree with the other posters that if your MAIN usage revolves around Google services an Android device may be a better fit for you, I'll also say that my personal experience has been that I'm not really missing anything. I have the Google Voice app installed (sideloaded) and it seems to work fine. Most people seem to like BeMaps, although I've found myself happy with BBMaps (something I never could have said with my past BlackBerry devices), and I haven't had any issues with my Calendar integrating into the OS Calendar.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 10:28 AM
    OK tnanks everyone. My mind & heart are still set on that new Nexus. The Q10 may be a nice souvenir if BBRY really does go away...
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-26-13 01:48 PM
    OK tnanks everyone. My mind & heart are still set on that new Nexus. The Q10 may be a nice souvenir if BBRY really does go away...

I'm a bit confused. Did you say as as second phone? I have an iPhone 5 as my main phone and am happy with a Q10 due to the keyboard. I am not a huge Google user but I do use Drive and some other services. If you are thinking to have a good Android phone, Jellybean level or so, I think a Q10 has a lot to commend it as a second phone. The keyboard is nice and it is small and compact. As a second phone to something like a Note 2/3 or a Droid Maxx I think it is a great combo.
    09-26-13 08:51 PM
    Google voice works just fine...no voice app.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 09:55 PM
    Google voice works just fine...no voice app.

Posted via CB10
    This is big for me. How does it work? Seamless inbound and outbound calls?
    09-26-13 10:01 PM
    I'm a bit confused. Did you say as as second phone? I have an iPhone 5 as my main phone and am happy with a Q10 due to the keyboard. I am not a huge Google user but I do use Drive and some other services. If you are thinking to have a good Android phone, Jellybean level or so, I think a Q10 has a lot to commend it as a second phone. The keyboard is nice and it is small and compact. As a second phone to something like a Note 2/3 or a Droid Maxx I think it is a great combo.
    Yea sorry for confusing youse here. It seems that given my current set-up, the Q10 can't be my primary device. Perhaps though it could be good for pounding out e-mails & some surfing/chatting for them times my main phone is charging. I'll probably still wind up buying one. I still have enough interest in BB as a whole (who wouldn't after having the 8100, 8320, 8900, 9700, 9780, and the 9900, + the 8700g, 7290, & a couple others as nostalgia pieces?).

Does BB10 have an app similar to Google Now, where it kinda guesses what you need next & showing the info in easily digestible cards or bytes of notes? I heard of BB Travel. How is that?
    09-27-13 01:18 AM
    BlackBerry travels is awesome, but it's only flights, rentals and hotel stays. I travel for work almost at a weekly basis and this is awesome. It searches your email automatically for booked travels. And let's you know if there is gate changes, flight delays...awesome. unlike Google now which does everything, but does not update flights or checks for changes.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 09:16 AM
    How is it for those of us who don't or can't drive? Does the mapping app have transit & walking directions?
    09-27-13 09:55 PM
    How is it for those of us who don't or can't drive? Does the mapping app have transit & walking directions?
    Be Maps Pro has the Google Maps layers for pedestrian, public transit, and bicycling.
    09-27-13 10:06 PM
    Guys. Put out the lights, the party's over!!!
    09-28-13 06:57 PM
    Just want to confirm that you were able to sideload Google Voice application? I would like to do that as well.
    Thanks
    11-05-13 10:16 AM
    I have been using Google Voice HTML link pretty successfully,but in the last day or 2 it stopping fully loading. Looks like it is going to work,but never loads the full touchtone keypad etc. Tried removing history to not avail. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    11-05-13 10:25 AM