While I'm thoroughly enjoying the new Q10, I'm having two bizarre issues that may be related. Wanted to see if anybody else is having similar issues.

The phone gets really warm at times and I'm trying to isolate the cause. I'm leaning toward 4G being the culprit right now (weak signal).

Once it gets hot, the battery drain is crazy. For example, I left the house with a full battery at 8am today and the phone was completely dead by noon.

During that time, I received 250 or so emails, sent about 55, and did maybe 45 minutes of calls. BBM and What's App are also getting high use.

I've got four different email accounts, 3 of which are on activesync push services. The other is a hotmail account (also push).

That's it for the use in that four hours.

I'm loving this phone, but it needs to get me more than 4 hours.

I haven't sideloaded any apps. I do have FB, linked in and Twitter all loaded, but they are all stock.

Anybody else experience this? I've conditioned the battery and am now on Day 7. This is getting worse, not better.

Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:17 PM
    from the sound of it, sounds like either there is an issue with one of your email accounts OR the signal is causing issues...i know for a fact that low signal, especially in situations where its low LTE it will switch back and forth. basically if your phone is warm without you holding or using it, that means something is running in the background. I suggest you delete all the email accounts then add one by one to see if thats the problem...
    06-14-13 04:29 PM
    what's your email account? is it personal or business?

my Z10 does that too sometimes and i've found out that one of my business email accounts (which is - deliberately - a yahoo business mail hosted) is the culprit. nothing much i can do rather than keeping the sync time to go longer to at least prevent this stupid heating up to occur.
    06-14-13 05:38 PM
    Two of the accounts are exchange activesync accounts (push). Those are business.

I've already deleted my personal activesync server to eliminate that from the equation.

Remaining are my Gmail account and my hotmail account.

All four are set to push. I'll take Gmail and hotmail offline for a bit and try to narrow it down to the other two.

I'm suspicious of what's app as well. . .

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:52 PM
    I had a similar issue after installing the latest 10.1 leaked OS . I found out though that it is network related issue. When I just used 2G, the battery lasts for about 9hrs but the moment I put it on 3G or LTE, the battery drains so fast and the phone gets very hot.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:58 PM
    So how can I turn off 4G? I've scoured setting for the Verizon Q10 and cannot find anyway to disable 4G -- I can change from global to CDMA/4G, but nothing "lower"

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:33 PM
    I also facing same... I didnt complete 7 days... first 3 days it was perfect but after that, what the fuk is going on with this q10... heating as hell even without using the phone at all.. I dont know what I should do, actually im thinking to return it bk & get an S4!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:26 PM
    If it helps, here is what I've found in regards to battery life and Q10 heat. This has been my current setup for the last week each day.

At Work:
    - Battery Guru always on
    - Hub++ always on
    - Reception is poor where I work, it has to work hard to get both signal and data working (Optus/Sydney)
    - 9hr usage window on 2G data for my one Gmail account in Hub. No 4G. 3G selectively on. No wifi
    - 1hr Bluetooth for podcasts and 2 or 3 five minute calls.

At Home:
    - 15hr usage window
    - Battery Guru always on
    - Hub++ always on
    - Wifi (about 6hrs worth) on until midnight
    - 2hrs Bluetooth for podcasts and 4 five minute calls.
    - 10 SMSs
    - Reply 5-10 emails
    - Browse web and use CB app 30 minutes
    - App Store - 30mins
    - 1hr total having the Q10 screen on, from tinkering/checking the thing
    - Turn off all notifications data and wifi before bed.

At rest (during sleeping time) the Q10 = 17 Degrees Celsius
    At the most activity be it home or work = 29 to 34 Degrees Cesius
    Total usage time till flat = 25 to 35hrs (based on my pattern above). I lose almost nothing overnight.

When my phone got pretty warm @34 Degrees it didn't feel right to me. Handed it over to my mate who has an iphone 4, 4s and 5 and said all their iphones get much hotter than this, particularly when they are using Skype, Whatsapp and gaming. Each time I've taken off the back casing of the Q10 the warmth is always where the S4 processor is. Blowing on it, putting it on a cool surface and it passes. Completely random heating up that is not one particular app or another. If I use it for more than 5mins, it's warming up but stays below 35 Degrees.

Personally I think 4G would take my the lifespan from 30 odd hours to well under 10. 3G from 30 to under 20.
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 06-16-13 at 01:05 AM.
    thecurryman likes this.
    06-16-13 12:08 AM