For the last month or so when I go to plug headphones into my Q10 it does not work. Has anyone else haad this problem lately?
    01-02-14 08:03 AM
    When I worked in retail, I'd encounter this problem all the time. Almost always it was caused by some sort of dirt/dust getting into the headphone jack. Probably 90% of the time. If I were you, I'd get some compressed air and blow out the headphone jack. You may also want to look inside with a light and see if there's anything visible lodged inside.

If that doesn't cut it, it's still within the one year manufacturer warranty, so see if you can get it repaired.
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-02-14 08:10 AM
    thanks for the tip...i'll try it
    When I worked in retail, I'd encounter this problem all the time. Almost always it was caused by some sort of dirt/dust getting into the headphone jack. Probably 90% of the time. If I were you, I'd get some compressed air and blow out the headphone jack. You may also want to look inside with a light and see if there's anything visible lodged inside.

If that doesn't cut it, it's still within the one year manufacturer warranty, so see if you can get it repaired.
    01-02-14 08:13 AM
    This is actually a known issue among some other Q10 users as well as myself. There is a thread on the issue in the forums as well. I sent my Q10 in for a keyboard repair, and when they did the diagnostics, before repairing the keyboard, they also noted the headphone jack was defective. Not sur eif they tried repairing it, however mine still does not work, really needs to be held at an exact angle to work slightly. No big deal for me though, I usually use an iPod for music or stream calls and satellite radio through the car bluetooth.

Bottom line, it seems to be hardware related, if you have the time to spare, send it out for a warranty repair.
    01-02-14 09:04 PM
    My first Q10 developed this issue early in its life, and I had it replaced under warranty.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:44 PM
    I had this but it was isolated to a few pairs of broken headphones I plugged in where my music sounded warped. Try several different headphones if you haven't already.
    01-02-14 11:50 PM
    I had the same problem.. I tried to do something but I don't know if it will work for everyone.. I inserted the Earphone into the audio jack and just let the music play through the main speakers.. after that I press the answer button for about three seconds and the Voice command thing should pop up.. after that I just swiped up and tried to resume what I was playing, and Voila! it works for me now!

Hope it helps!
    03-02-14 12:24 PM