Hello,

I mainly use my headphone on my Q10 during my bike rides but I am having trouble getting it to work properly. The accessories I use are:
    The original headphones, BlackBerry Leather Holster.

Before I go on a bike ride I set up my Q10. I plug in the headphones, I choose an audio book and tuck the Q10 into the Leather Holster. This is the moment that my track either pauses, skips forward or backward or starts over from the beginning. Could it be that the holster is too tight so that the holster chooses something on the screen like pausing and skipping tracks?
    The second issue I have is the rubber plug on the headphone wire. While I'm biking I unintentionally touch the plug, I mean the reinforced rubber where the wire comes out (I have no idea how to describe this thing). Every time I touch this thing the track skips, stops ... Could it be that my headphones are broken, because when I wiggle on it the current track unpredictably skips forward or backward?

Any ideas?
    09-07-13 01:47 PM
    It could be a tight holster, but instead of pressing the screen, it could be the side buttons.

Try settings > main volume > music shortcuts > off.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    09-07-13 01:50 PM
    2 things you gotta try

1) Try not to use the holster and go for a 10 minute bike ride and see if it makes a difference. If it's a holster problem, you might have to invest in a third party distributor of cases

2) Go to a dollar store and buy some cheap headphones. Use em for a bit and see if the track changes. When I had my BB headphones on my Z10, songs would change out of the blue and voice control would activate. Then I bought a new pair that weren't from BB, and everything worked fine.
    09-07-13 01:53 PM
    Thanks, I will try it tomorrow.
    09-07-13 02:13 PM
    It's not touching the screen, but it's holing down the volume up and down buttons on the side of the phone. If volume UP is held for 2-3 seconds, it moves the song forward to the next song in the album. Holding volume down reverses to the previous song.
    09-07-13 02:20 PM
    Maybe turn off "allow gestures" in screen lock settings as well. Not sure if it will turn of the volume button gestures but worth a try.

Also I had similar issues with headphone jack. If I touched the wire it would make the right side go out. After much troubleshooting including replacement phone issue remained.

Long story short- once I installed the 1323 leak all my headphone issues disappeared. Same headphones too. (I had already determined headphones weren't the issue)
    09-07-13 02:35 PM