I'm pretty close to buying a Blackberry Q10, but there's one feature I need to have: Syncing multiple, free, Google Calendars. This works beautifully on Android and iOS, but I understand that there are complications setting it up with Blackberry.

From the information I've found, people have set up multiple calendars successfully using ActiveSync and the Calendar Sync app. However, I missed the boat when it comes to ActiveSync -- Google pulled the service for new activations as of earlier this year. I have to use CalDAV, which is a sketchier protocol -- at least on the Z10. I haven't been able to find specific information about the Q10's CalDAV capabilities.

My question is: Has anybody successfully set up multiple free Google Calendars on your Q10?

Thanks!
    05-11-13 08:14 AM
    This is my concern as well. My calendar is very necessary for work and on ny android phone, i get pop up notifications for client related issues. I would need the q10 to function the same way. Also, having gmail contacts sync as well as push email is another must for me! But calendar functions is #1.

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-13 08:43 AM
    I took a leap of faith and bought the Q10 after playing with a colleague's model, and I'm happy to report that syncing multiple free Google Calendars works out of the box, without a third-party app or any special setup.
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    05-11-13 03:17 PM
    I'm not sure if you mean multiple calendars under different free gmail accounts or under one single one. I have no problem having Q10 deal with multiple gmail accounts with their respective calendars.
    05-11-13 04:34 PM
    Does it give you calendar pop ups?

Sent from my DInc2 using Tapatalk 2
    05-11-13 06:24 PM
    Not sure about calendar pop ups, you mean reminders? Never use them.
    05-11-13 06:32 PM
    I just tested the reminders feature of the calendar and it does notify me with a popup at the appointed time.
    05-11-13 06:40 PM
    I have 7 Gmail accounts and 5 iCloud accounts. All of them works insanely great on my Q10. Thats it!
    RicanMedic78 likes this.
    05-11-13 06:42 PM
    I haven't been able to get additional subscribed calendars to work. Eg. I subscribe to a formula one schedule and it doesn't show.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:43 PM
    Works easily even in 10.0 with the Z10 using CalDAV. I can also sync my wife's calendar that she shared with me and changes I make on it get synced to her account. Just adapt these instructions for the PlayBook to BB10:

http://www.stuffworks.com/how-to-syn...erry-playbook/

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:51 PM
    I am not so interested in adding multiple GMail accounts but rather being able to add shared calendars that my GMail account is subscribed to. Any experiences with this? Thanks!
    06-13-13 07:44 PM
    I am not so interested in adding multiple GMail accounts but rather being able to add shared calendars that my GMail account is subscribed to. Any experiences with this? Thanks!
    Please read my post above^

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:57 AM
    The link mentioned above doesn't seem to exist now...got any other link for syncing subscribed calendars?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:04 AM
    All you need is the web address of the respective calendar. It works great - I have tried it with both the football world cup as well as my favourite football team.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:36 PM
    The link mentioned above doesn't seem to exist now...got any other link for syncing subscribed calendars?

Posted via CB10
    Read here:
    http://m.crackberry.com/how-setup-gm...av-and-carddav

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-21-14 03:12 PM
    I have 3 Gmail calendars set up on my q10.

You set up the Gmail accounts under 'add account' in 'settings'.

Once use enter the account name and password it asks if you want to sync (thru off / on toggle) contacts, calendar, email.

I shut off email and contacts and just did calendar.

I get reminders just fine, they appear in hub, on calendar, and send pop up notifications.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 06:13 PM