Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80
Like Tree11Likes
  1. murlynwyzurd13's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    3 Posts
    #51  

    Default

    everybody including myself so far has also forgotten to mention their impressions or expectations regarding how blackberry's app selection is also going to affect their sales, both at launch and in the long run. i'm not sure but i thought i saw in the tech news the other day about google making some major gains or possibly passing or coming close to passing apple's total number of apps. google and apple are both furiously determined to maintain their dominant positions but blackberry seriously seems to not have that same kind of passion to make themselves truly appealing in any way. an incomparably smaller app selection with higher prices is another major turnoff not included among the many above-mentioned others. maybe blackberry simply has too many flaws or too flawed of a business model/strategy to be successful.?
    What are you all's thoughts on this??
  2. BGK
    BGK is offline
    BGK's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,475 Posts
    #52  

    Default

    No, I don't think so after seeing how well it works on the Q10 - looking forward to playing with it.
    BGK
    libertybk on Twitter
    Canada/USA
  3. zapblam's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    53 Posts
    #53  

    Default

    Hey there is a trackpad on my 9900. Huh. Why? There a HUGE laptop size trackpad 1mm above it.

    However the little trackpad works good with my work gloves.
  4. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,679 Posts
    #54  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zapblam View Post
    Hey there is a trackpad on my 9900. Huh. Why? There a HUGE laptop size trackpad 1mm above it.

    However the little trackpad works good with my work gloves.

    1) the trackpad is a ton more accurate for text selection
    2) as you said, the trackpad works with gloves
    3) on a bigger phone (like my Torch 9800 for example) there's a lot less reaching across the screen with my thumb. With the screen extended, I can reach any icon or feature using the trackpad by moving my thumb less than 1/2 inch.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
  5. dracolnyte's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,074 Posts
    #55  

    Default

    the lack of a trackpad has made me which over to the Z10, also because i cannot wait any longer
  6. sigint99's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    290 Posts
    #56  

    Default

    Keyboard + no Trackpad = deal breaker.

    I find full touchscreen phones totally obnoxious and a pain to use. The Q10 is great hardware wise but the lack of a trackpad is going to make it a real pain for accurate navigation and getting work done.
  7. MrsD.'s Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    350 Posts
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    PIN
    28C4DE24
    #57  

    Default

    The lack of a track pad was the deciding factor to go ahead and upgrade to a S3. Really miss my blackberry though. I'll just have to play with the Q10 when it is released to see if I want to switch back. Did I say I really miss my blackberry?
    Life is what you make it.
  8. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,679 Posts
    #58  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsD. View Post
    The lack of a track pad was the deciding factor to go ahead and upgrade to a S3. Really miss my blackberry though. I'll just have to play with the Q10 when it is released to see if I want to switch back. Did I say I really miss my blackberry?
    Translation: BB dropped the trackpad, so I went ahead and dropped my trackpad equipped phone for an S3 - which happens to have no trackpad.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
    smartbuddy and Bbnivende like this.
  9. CarGuy1368's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,937 Posts
    #59  

    Default

    I think I'm just going to have to get used to it. It's not like there's any other phone people can switch to so they can have a trackpad (of my knowledge). And look at the bright side... The trackpad/trackball have always been notorious for breaking. My Bold 9900 had to be replaced because it would constantly scroll up in sunlight, rendering everything useless.
  10. andrew1953's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    281 Posts
    #60  

    Default has the lack of the trackpad affected your decision between keyboard and touch?

    Shame to lose the trackpad especially for brick breaker. However when typing that line fills with predictive words-swings and round abouts. The Q10 has picked up front/rear facing cameras with auto focus. Hope it gets an FM radio which specs havent confirmed.

    Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
  11. kjjb0204's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,456 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,847 Global Posts
    #61  

    Default re: Has the lack of the trackpad affected your decision between keyboard and touch?

    I will really need to try this thing out when it's finally available in the united states. I'm wishing they hadn't eliminated the track pad and buttons as I thought they went hand in hand with the physical keyboard, but I will give it a look before immediately dismissing it.
    Thanked by:
    birkoffkeren (05-12-2013) 
  12. aluiziomachado's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #62  

    Default

    If touch screen could be so good as the keyboard+trackpad are, there would be notebooks and desktops with touch keyboards and no mouse. But, until now, the new laps and desktops are using real keyboards and a point device (mouse), so its obviously that the old BBs with keyboard and trackpad are better for hard works (multiple text manipulation). Touch devices are just for "seeing things" and less typing...
    Thanked by:
    LudwigvonKast (07-23-2013) 
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
  13. sulcopete's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    550 Posts
    #63  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    ok my smartphone history has been a treo755, treo800 blackberry 8330,9630,9650 and now 9900. the one thing they all have in common is they all have had amazing keyboards (except the 800w).

    now with that said you can see i am a keyboard die hard like the rest of you. after i saw the leaked video of the N series with the keyboard i was a bit excited until i looked a little harder. there is no trackpad and i think that is a deal breaker for me.

    think about how much it is a pain to click thing on even a playbook, a 7 inch screen. now downsize that to a 4.3 inch screen, it gets harder to point and click on links and small wording etc. now go even smaller.

    i feel it would be like trying to surf the web on a normal computer without a mouse.

    given my history i think the lack of the trackpad will hinder me to try my 1st ever all touch personal phone.

    how do you guys and girls feel about it?
    I'm in complete agreement with you...and on the verge of selling my Q10 and buying a new 9900.
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
  14. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sulcopete View Post
    I'm in complete agreement with you...and on the verge of selling my Q10 and buying a new 9900.
    Just received a notification about this reply and I have to say since I wrote that post I have had issues with the 9900. I bought a iPhone 4S from a buddy at work for dirt cheap and have been using it for the past few weeks. So far so ok lol. Still getting adapted to the virtual keyboard but man am I making it work. Lol


    Sent from my Gameboy Color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  15. aluiziomachado's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    82 Posts
    #65  

    Default

    I'm a heavy user. I mean : a lot of text manipulation , copy, paste, spreadsheet editing, email. I've tried Iphone and S3 before and i gave up. Of course i can do everything i want on this devices, but is just not good enought. They are beautiful, elegant and so good devices for viewing, you slip your thumb to many screens , there are so many apps but, when you try to type a lot of text, yes it is possible, but is not so confortable as when you have a real keyboard and a trackpad. It can be as fast as the real keyboard after some training but it will never be as confortable as the real keyboard are ( would you ever buy a notebook with a touch keyboard instead a real one ?). Of course i'm talking about heavy users like me. Most will prefer to use notebook or desktop for heavy work, and will use the phone just for posting or answer small emails, and in this case the touchscreen is more useful than a halfscreen plus a keyboard.....So, to my heavy work, i'm still with the Bold 9780, a very handy device, where i can type and grip it with only one hand, where the battery last for two days and i can have my work (email, spreadsheet, and calendar) done before i get home.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
  16. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #66  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aluiziomachado View Post
    I'm a heavy user. I mean : a lot of text manipulation , copy, paste, spreadsheet editing, email. I've tried Iphone and S3 before and i gave up. Of course i can do everything i want on this devices, but is just not good enought. They are beautiful, elegant and so good devices for viewing, you slip your thumb to many screens , there are so many apps but, when you try to type a lot of text, yes it is possible, but is not so confortable as when you have a real keyboard and a trackpad. It can be as fast as the real keyboard after some training but it will never be as confortable as the real keyboard are ( would you ever buy a notebook with a touch keyboard instead a real one ?). Of course i'm talking about heavy users like me. Most will prefer to use notebook or desktop for heavy work, and will use the phone just for posting or answer small emails, and in this case the touchscreen is more useful than a halfscreen plus a keyboard.....So, to my heavy work, i'm still with the Bold 9780, a very handy device, where i can type and grip it with only one hand, where the battery last for two days and i can have my work (email, spreadsheet, and calendar) done before i get home.
    I don't mind typing a lot on the iPhone. I have Siri do most of my typing for me to be honest. Lol


    Sent from my Gameboy Color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  17. cfoxx's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    #67  

    Default

    Is there any reason they couldn't implement an on-screen trackpad that pops up when you're selecting text? Surely it would be technically possible.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
  18. cellphonejunkey's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,106 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,112 Global Posts
    #68  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cfoxx View Post
    Is there any reason they couldn't implement an on-screen trackpad that pops up when you're selecting text? Surely it would be technically possible.
    Sure but with swype and gestures it's redundant! Are you meaning a feature to disable swype and gestures to trackpad mode!?

    Posted via CB10
    Sent Via crackberry forums from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 / 10.2.1.2977
  19. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #69  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cellphonejunkey View Post
    Sure but with swype and gestures it's redundant! Are you meaning a feature to disable swype and gestures to trackpad mode!?

    Posted via CB10
    I also agree. That would be redundant. Hardware trackpad or no trackpad. A virtual one would be kinda weird.


    Sent from my Gameboy Color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  20. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,679 Posts
    #70  

    Default

    A trackpad would only be redundant if another input device (ie the touchscreen) offered the same functionality and precision. It doesn't. Therefore a trackpad isn't redundant.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
  21. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #71  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbtech View Post
    A trackpad would only be redundant if another input device (ie the touchscreen) offered the same functionality and precision. It doesn't. Therefore a trackpad isn't redundant.
    So on a tiny screen take up more space for a virtual trackpad that does the same as dragging your finger?

    To me that sounds pretty much like the same problem as just the touchscreen.


    Sent from my Gameboy Color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  22. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,679 Posts
    #72  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    So on a tiny screen take up more space for a virtual trackpad that does the same as dragging your finger?
    If the on-screen text selections functioned as accurately as the trackpad then the trackpad would be redundant. So if there's no place to put the trackpad on-screen, then perhaps fixing the text selection would be the next logical step.
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
  23. eve6er69's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,250 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,086 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #73  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssbtech View Post
    If the on-screen text selections functioned as accurately as the trackpad then the trackpad would be redundant. So if there's no place to put the trackpad on-screen, then perhaps fixing the text selection would be the next logical step.
    How would you prefer the text selection. I use an iPhone and I don't really have a hard time with it. I've never tried it on a bb10 device but I would imagine it works the same as the androids and iPhones ?


    Sent from my Gameboy Color
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
  24. ssbtech's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,679 Posts
    #74  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    How would you prefer the text selection. I use an iPhone and I don't really have a hard time with it. I've never tried it on a bb10 device but I would imagine it works the same as the androids and iPhones ?
    Take a look at my video in this post here: How much do you miss the trackpad?
    BlackBerry Z10 on Bell Canada
    OS 10.2.android
  25. TheDutch20's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    431 Posts
    #75  

    Default

    Not one bit! Having owned from 8520 to Z10 nothing feels the same now that I have ny Q10, this thing is a dream come true, nice big screen iconic keyboard. Excellence insues

    Posted via CB10
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Z10 has issues with R.F. modulated in TDMA format
    By 8bisaB in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-15-2013, 03:14 AM
  2. Post Your Wallpaper
    By Ishtiyaaq in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-20-2013, 10:03 AM
  3. Only half of my contacts will save to SIM on Z10
    By tmt73 in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:38 PM
  4. Any good itunes controllers for the Q10?
    By bendiep1991 in forum BlackBerry 10 Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:11 PM
  5. Difference between "press", "tap", and "press and tap" events.
    By lorax1284 in forum Developers Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:03 PM

Posting Permissions