Hardware reliability-img_20140829_072130.png
    Sigh... now I'm going to have to tell our IT that another BlackBerry has gone to ish. We are pretty close to removing BlackBerry from corporate. Way too many issues.

And my personal Z10's mic stopped working after over a year of having it...

I haven't had this Q10 for a year yet too..

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:28 AM
    Argh!!

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    08-29-14 07:31 AM
    Also on my Z10, the headphone jack may be messed up. The headphone that came with the q10 is pretty decent. It worked well for a while then it just stopped working. I plugged it in a computer and it works... also if I plug a different headphone to my BlackBerry it'll work fine.

So it's like BlackBerry's own products don't even like to work with each other... I'm trying to support BlackBerry and don't bad mouth them to others. I'm don't even mention my problems to others so they don't know.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:02 AM
    Sucks to read this and just makes me fear the future. This phone is perfect for me, would hate to lose it!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:41 AM
    Murphy's Law. The luck of the draw.

In my own case, an iPhone 4 that quit after a year. A Note 2 that suffered a random reboot problem. Went through three defective iPad minis last year. There have been others through the years but these three were the most recent.

I bought my new Q10 with eyes wide open, fully aware that there can be an issue with the keyboard somewhere along the road, but I did experience that same problem - double typing - with my first BlackBerry last year - a 9900 - on its 6th month. It was an outright purchase, an unlocked model. Didn't even bother having it fixed and just got rid of it. But the PKB experience was peerless, so here I am back with a new Q10.

Am I worried about possible hardware problems? Yes. But that would be true for any gadget that I had, have, or will have in the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:21 AM