I just upgraded my Bold for a Q10 today and for the life of me I can't figure out how to send group text messages on the Q10.

There looks to be some way of doing a group chat - but that sends MMS not conventional SMS and my provider charges for MMS messages (I'm on a plan with unlimited SMS though).

As part of my job I often have to send text messages to multiple recipients.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    06-05-13 07:00 PM
    I believe its done by simply inserting a minimum of two recipients in the To field. Then once you have that, You should see an option to Enable Group Conversation.

Enable to have responses go to everyone in the text or don't enable it to have responses go back just to you.
    djdosage likes this.
    06-05-13 07:31 PM
    I've tried several group messages to iPhone users (wife, daughter) and while they both received my message I never got a response from either one. Both iPhone users saw each others' response to me however.

Chose Two Recipients.
    Composed Message.
    Enabled Group Messaging When Prompted.
    Group Message Sent.
    Group Message Delivery Receipt Received.
    Then Nothing On My End.

BlackBerry Q10
    Verizon
    07-28-13 07:18 PM
    I've tried several group messages to iPhone users (wife, daughter) and while they both received my message I never got a response from either one. Both iPhone users saw each others' response to me however.

Chose Two Recipients.
    Composed Message.
    Enabled Group Messaging When Prompted.
    Group Message Sent.
    Group Message Delivery Receipt Received.
    Then Nothing On My End.

BlackBerry Q10
    Verizon
    Might be an iMessage thing. You can't really do anything a out that. And iPhone exclusive.
    07-28-13 10:52 PM
    All my buddies have iphones and I group message daily with them. I was not able to figure out how to send them as a group message either so maybe ask them to start the conversation. Also it sends as a text from the iPhone but on BlackBerry they come through as a multimedia message so it should work. I also had to go to Setting>Network Connections>Mobile Network> and turn on data services while roaming. I do not get charged extra, but while I had that option off my group messaging was not working. But I think group messaging only works with mms, no sms

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 01:44 AM
    Sometimes my buddy starts a group chat on his iPhone and I see all the other recipients on the list (some aren't in my contact list). I reply and it goes to all of them, but the group chat ends there. Any replies they send to me come separately outside of the string. And it's in MMS mode when this happens, but I don't get charged like I do for picture messages. I also can't find any option to enable group chat.

So does BlackBerry 10 have group SMS or not? It seems kind of half-baked.
    07-29-13 01:51 AM
    I just upgraded my Bold for a Q10 today and for the life of me I can't figure out how to send group text messages on the Q10.

There looks to be some way of doing a group chat - but that sends MMS not conventional SMS and my provider charges for MMS messages (I'm on a plan with unlimited SMS though).

As part of my job I often have to send text messages to multiple recipients.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    James,

what you're experiencing is not isolated to BB10. iOS and even 4.2.2 Android (Nexus 4 last week I've seen this first hand) exhibit this too. I believe carriers are ever more adjusting from traditional SMS functionality - at least what I'm seeing.

I'm also curious if BB10 has group sms capability
    07-29-13 02:44 AM
    It does.
    Group Text Messages-img_00000861.png

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 09:26 AM
    Yea j I couldn't get group chat to work when I was using my q10 all my friends have iPhones and I could send the message but all the replays would not come in as a threaded chat.
    09-14-13 03:48 PM
    I'm wondering if this is a Q10 issue. Because my Z does it fine, but my Q doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:51 PM
    I'm wondering if this is a Q10 issue. Because my Z does it fine, but my Q doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    if i could get my Q to do it correctly i would probably keep it and forget about my iphone.
    09-14-13 04:40 PM
    We still need to get to the crux of the matter. I too send a lot of group text messages. The Q10 doesn't allow you to save a group in your contacts. EX.-Basketball Team.....All of my other Blackberries allowed this. I had to purchase an APP that gave me the ability to send out group texts. I called Blackberry and they said that an update should be coming soon. It seems like a NO Brainer. Blackberry dropped the ball.
    10-20-13 05:54 PM
    We still need to get to the crux of the matter. I too send a lot of group text messages. The Q10 doesn't allow you to save a group in your contacts. EX.-Basketball Team.....All of my other Blackberries allowed this. I had to purchase an APP that gave me the ability to send out group texts. I called Blackberry and they said that an update should be coming soon. It seems like a NO Brainer. Blackberry dropped the ball.
    Coming with 10.2.1 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 06:12 PM
    "Coming soon".

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:36 PM
    "Coming soon".

Posted via CB10
    Of course.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 07:38 PM
    SMSbyNow app does this pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 12:20 AM
    Coming with 10.2.1 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    I just looked as I am on 10.2.1.575, group text is available.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 12:34 AM
    Is there anyone who HAS been able to get group messaging working in a "single" thread when there are iPhone users involved? When people respond to the grouptext from their iphone I get an individual text from them and it does not come in the thread... This is very annoying. Anyone else having this issue?
    10-21-13 12:26 PM
    I didn't want to start another thread to ask this question. When you receive a group SMS on BB10 and reply, does it always go out to everyone? On my 9900, when I replied to a text message that was sent to my whole family, it was just sent to the sender. I picked up a Z10 last week and when I replied to a text that was sent to my family, it went out to everyone...did I happen to click on something before I sent it or is that the way it works on BB10?
    12-08-13 03:34 PM
    I have to think this is a carrier issue? I had no problems at all on my Verizon 9930. Here is another post about this issue, where I posted a screenshot of the issue on my T-Mobile 9930:

Reply All? - Page 2 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Now, on T-Mobile, my 9900 and Z10 both cannot receive group sms. Every thing is single threaded. This is really annoying. Is everyone on this thread that is having issues on T-Mobile?
    02-16-14 12:38 AM
    Is there anyone who HAS been able to get group messaging working in a "single" thread when there are iPhone users involved? When people respond to the grouptext from their iphone I get an individual text from them and it does not come in the thread... This is very annoying. Anyone else having this issue?
    Same here on my 9900 and Z10. I am on T-Mobile, but never had this problem on my Verizon 9930. What network are you on?
    02-16-14 12:40 AM
    When my sister sends out a group text message from her iPhone (just an SMS), I don't see everyone's replies. However, if she sends a group MMS, any reply sent with a BlackBerry 10 phone goes to the entire group. So in order to not reply to everyone, I have to go back to a conversation between just the sender and myself...I don't remember this slight annoyance on my 9900. It seems like its a BlackBerry 10 thing since I never see iPhone/Android responses to a group MMS. Is this correct to assume?
    05-21-14 08:44 PM
    How do you get the "Enable Group Conversation" option? When I add two contacts, it does not give me that option. Anything I have to do in my settings?
    09-17-14 07:50 PM
    running 10.3.1.1779 s/w and 2756 os. on tmo z10 the option "Enable Group Conversation" is not there...tried the following variations:
    setting display style to conversation, vs. single msg in Hub setting
    SMS. MMS, Automatic in advance options for Text Messages
    Choosing 2 or more recipients for a txt msg

The bloody option is just not there. Also. spent over 1 hr each with Tmobile tech support as well as BB tech Supt. The BB tech had the same phone config as mine. So, what gives? Carrier issue? S/W issue?

Any help will be soooo welcome.

camz10
    05-04-15 09:29 PM
    My wife's brand new Leap on AT&T is having this same issue.

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.1.2744
    05-21-15 11:20 PM
31 12