I have a sad realization that i don't want to move to Q10 after couple weeks using it as a second (test) phone.. Probably first time ever I'm not excited about a new blackberry and this is again.. sad

Compared to keyboard-centric OS7, BB10 OS is touch centric and slapping keyboard to a touch OS doesn't really work, it actually hurts.The whole idea of a new BB with keyboard that I love is gone after spending time with Q10. This realization actually came in after a week or so, since initially I was busy learning new concepts, finding apps, getting hands dirty with android sideloading.

I plan to return the Q10, stick with Bold 9900 for now and likely move to android (without sideloading this time
    09-18-13 04:50 PM
    It's too bad that the Q10 and BB10 isn't for you. Your 9900 is still a pretty good device though. Good luck with whatever device you end up with.
    09-18-13 05:30 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Have you tried using a 10.2 leak? It brings back some of the OS 7 features. I love the idea of the keyboard/touch combo personally.

If you're thinking about making the dive to a full touchscreen phone altogether, have you considered the Z30?
    09-18-13 08:17 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Have you tried using a 10.2 leak? It brings back some of the OS 7 features. I love the idea of the keyboard/touch combo personally.

If you're thinking about making the dive to a full touchscreen phone altogether, have you considered the Z30?
    Didn't try 10.2, I thought it's not available for at&t model i had

I love the keyboard/touch combo too, but in OS 7.1 on bold, not Q10 on BB10.

Keyboard is the whole point of BB for me, will stay with 9900 for now and then most likely android..
    09-18-13 09:50 PM
    I've found the combo touch/keyboard to be perfect. The Q10 just works the way I would expect it to. That being said, I got used to the touch interface on the playbook so bezel gestures just seem to make sense to me now. I love being able to navigate between messages and with just the swipe of a finger so easily. Any new device has a break in period. It goes faster if you make a 100% commitment to it.
    09-18-13 11:12 PM
    I had a little buyers remorse when i switched from a 9900 to a Q10. After a few weeks with the Q10 i realized how much i like it.

This is the best BB ive owned.
    09-19-13 08:15 AM
    I had a little buyers remorse when i switched from a 9900 to a Q10. After a few weeks with the Q10 i realized how much i like it.

This is the best BB ive owned.
    It's people like you that still give me hope.

I read way too much negative posts/threads here on the Q10 forums for my taste, and it's little posts like these that show me that there's a glimmer of hope for BlackBerry users yet, lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 12:44 PM
    You probably should have gone with the all touch Z10 because the OS is designed for touch and you wouldn't have that "slapped on" keyboard feeling. Sorry it doesn't work for you, but for most people the BB10 platform is head and shoulders ahead of OS7 (I would say light years ahead, but I don't want to overstate things).

After a few weeks adjustment and the loading up of some 10.2 leaks, I am very pleased with my phone. I have a friend who chose the Q10 and he is glad he did as well. We both moved up from the 9810 and give both the Z and Q very high marks.
    09-19-13 12:52 PM
    It's people like you that still give me hope.

I read way too much negative posts/threads here on the Q10 forums for my taste, and it's little posts like these that show me that there's a glimmer of hope for BlackBerry users yet, lol.

Posted via CB10
    Just remember that whatever negative you read here is probably over amplified because you are on a site where the most rabid, the most critical BlackBerry afficianado's hang out.
    09-19-13 12:55 PM
    Keep the Q10, I wasn't sure at first after trading in my 9900 for it but now I really like it. Performance is a lot better then 9900, it just takes a few weeks to really get use to it. I don't have 10.2 but i'm expecting the Q10 to get better and better with OS updates. 9900 is fully developed and probably won't see much improvements or updates either.

Stick with the Q10.
    09-19-13 12:59 PM
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Out of the box the Q wasn't able to do a lot of the things my 9900 does.
    Which is why when I purchased the Q I kept my 9900 activated.
    But the Q is slowly getting there. It may not be practical for some but I use both daily.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 03:12 PM
    I have a sad realization that i don't want to move to Q10 after couple weeks using it as a second (test) phone.. Probably first time ever I'm not excited about a new blackberry and this is again.. sad

Compared to keyboard-centric OS7, BB10 OS is touch centric and slapping keyboard to a touch OS doesn't really work, it actually hurts.The whole idea of a new BB with keyboard that I love is gone after spending time with Q10. This realization actually came in after a week or so, since initially I was busy learning new concepts, finding apps, getting hands dirty with android sideloading.

I plan to return the Q10, stick with Bold 9900 for now and likely move to android (without sideloading this time
    I came from a 9900 as well and was a bit disillusioned as at first, but after a few days I got used to the new environment and now a few months down the line, I wondering why they never thought about this earlier! I thought the 9900 was a great phone and a good workhorse, but the Q10 takes it to a whole new level! The Q10 is like an extra appendage for me these days...
    09-19-13 03:23 PM
    Android has good keyboard integration?
    09-19-13 03:26 PM
    Like a few, I came from a 9900 (my first Blackberry) and did have a moment of regret. However, 10 days in and I am loving the experience. There are a few niggles but I am finding decent solutions for them....apart from a good podcast app. Really missing my Scott Mills podcasts

Helen

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 04:24 PM
    +1. My sentiments exactly.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 05:52 PM
    I had a 9900 as well. I wasn't sure I made the right decision until a week with my Q, never go back now. It was hard the first few days not having the track pad, but there's no looking back now.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 06:11 PM
    LOVED my bold. Grabbed Q10 as soon as it came out. Struggled a bit during the learning curve but got the hang of it (old dogs CAN learn new tricks) and soon... there was no going back.

Now, when I get my hands on an old bold it's THAT that feels "weird".

Stick with it, don't fight the change, embrace it!

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    09-19-13 06:17 PM
    Like a few, I came from a 9900 (my first Blackberry) and did have a moment of regret. However, 10 days in and I am loving the experience. There are a few niggles but I am finding decent solutions for them....apart from a good podcast app. Really missing my Scott Mills podcasts
    If I didn't have the choice I'd be ok with Q10 after all, especially given the ability to dig into the guts and sideloading. My half-immersion with Q10 was 2 steps forward, 1.5 steps back from bold 9900 - to the point that all the quirks of Q10 were not worth tolerating as a package. I'm also being sentimental(or old here, seeing how keyboard centric designs that I traditionally liked disappeared everywhere including blackberry.
    09-19-13 06:18 PM
    Give it some time. After using my q10 for months I cant even stand looking at the 9900. Just feels like an old and obsolete phone. Be patient as you have been used to working with the same BB os for so long it will take time to adjust and you will never go back. Not to say there arent things that bug me about the q10 that were easier on the 9900. But you get the idea
    09-19-13 06:33 PM
    I don't blame you. I bought a Q10 the 1st day they went on sale at T-Mobile to replace my 9700. I have tried to get used to the touch screen and OS/10, but I really don't like it. I just ordered a 9900 that should be here next week. I consider it an upgrade from the Q10.
    09-19-13 06:51 PM
    I had the opposite reaction, with BlackBerry 10 on my Z10. At first I decided to keep my two 9900s and 9810, because I thought I would swap my sim card into them when I didn't want to be on the Z10. But after just a couple days of learning the gestures in the OS, and adjusting to new icons and ways of doing things, I put up my Torch and black 9900. I thought I'd keep the white 9900 because it's not sold in the U.S., and thought I'd miss that qwerty keyboard after a while on the Z10.

Turns out, I did miss that keyboard, so I bought the Q10 when it came out, and have been switching between my Q10 and Z10 because I enjoy what each devices brings to the BlackBerry 10 experience. The OP is right, the OS is entirely gesture based, so for me, the Q10 and it's physical keyboard with shortcuts in apps, makes all the difference.

They are working on bringing back speed dial like they had in legacy devices, where you press and hold a letter to dial someone, and pressing "b" for browser, etc. That's all I miss from the 9900/9810, and as soon as the Q10 came, I sold my white 9900.

I actually never put my sim in any of my legacy devices after moving to BlackBerry 10.
    09-19-13 07:20 PM
    I don't have that problem...
    I used to have a whole bunch of BlackBerries, even my last one, a 9900, till that moment I got my Q10..

Next day, I forgot all of them

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:19 PM
    I loved my Bold 9000 and was blown away by the 9900. I too had some reservations when I got my Q10 and missed the track pad and buttons. Now that I have adjusted, I love the speed and ease of the Q10 and the predictive text. When 10.2 OS comes out it will be even better.
    09-19-13 08:34 PM
    I came to the same realization when I was in the calculator application and couldn't clear the tape with the usual shortcut or when the SYM mapping was altered. The Q10 definitely isn't the same keyboard device. Its good that you have a device that works for you in the way my Curve Playbook pairing works for me.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 09-21-13 at 10:59 PM. Reason: sp
    09-19-13 11:36 PM
    They are working on bringing back speed dial like they had in legacy devices, where you press and hold a letter to dial someone, and pressing "b" for browser, etc. That's all I miss from the 9900/9810, and as soon as the Q10 came, I sold my white 9900.
    This is certainly what I missed in Q10, meaning it's touch first design.
    I hope it will be there when (and if) I have another chance with Q10.
    09-20-13 03:48 PM
28 12