Google calendar, email etc.
Quick question, will Google and RIM play nice for the BB10 OS particularly the N-SERIES/x10? Asking because my work calendar and such are all sync to the Google account. iOS defiantly doesn't play nice with Google. So wondering in any of you knew if it might be an issue with RIM also?
- 01-22-13, 04:38 PM #3
If you are using the paid Google Apps then you still have Activesync and everything works fine. If you are not paying then you will be able to use IMAP for mail, CalDAV for calendar and CardDAV for contacts (Playbook already supports this). Setup for those standards isn't as smooth on the Playbook right now, but RIM usually does a good job of setting things up for you based on your email address, so I don't see too much problem unless you mix and match you contacts/calendar/mail providers
- 01-24-13, 08:12 AM #4
I rely on my shared calendars from Google - CalDAV on the PlayBook isn't the greatest. I've had nothing but issues trying to add my extra calendars, most recently getting an "Account Already Added" message after adding my main calendar. No bueno.
- CrackBerry Abuser
01-24-13, 12:40 PM #5
- 315 Posts
Here's a nice little how-to.
- By cem1701 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-10, 09:46 AM
- By cem1701 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-10, 09:46 AM
- By EthanNixon in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-10-09, 10:51 PM
- By moosehead2000 in forum BlackBerry Pearl FlipReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-09, 06:45 AM
- By tritan in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-14-08, 09:38 PM