Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts
    PIN
    None
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Google calendar, email etc.

Quick question, will Google and RIM play nice for the BB10 OS particularly the N-SERIES/x10? Asking because my work calendar and such are all sync to the Google account. iOS defiantly doesn't play nice with Google. So wondering in any of you knew if it might be an issue with RIM also?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

From what I have read, RIM is supporting the standards that Google supports therefore in theory it should all work very smoothly.

I cannot tell you 100% yes though. Hopefully someone else can.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

If you are using the paid Google Apps then you still have Activesync and everything works fine. If you are not paying then you will be able to use IMAP for mail, CalDAV for calendar and CardDAV for contacts (Playbook already supports this). Setup for those standards isn't as smooth on the Playbook right now, but RIM usually does a good job of setting things up for you based on your email address, so I don't see too much problem unless you mix and match you contacts/calendar/mail providers
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

I rely on my shared calendars from Google - CalDAV on the PlayBook isn't the greatest. I've had nothing but issues trying to add my extra calendars, most recently getting an "Account Already Added" message after adding my main calendar. No bueno.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Zeis View Post
    I rely on my shared calendars from Google - CalDAV on the PlayBook isn't the greatest. I've had nothing but issues trying to add my extra calendars, most recently getting an "Account Already Added" message after adding my main calendar. No bueno.
    Adam, I believe you need to set the 'email address' for additional calendars to something unused and fake. It doesn't matter. As long as the username is set to your gmail address and the calendar server address is correct, it works. Quite well I might add. Here's a nice little how-to.
    Thanked by:
    kingb71 (01-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    1,310 Global Posts

Default Re: Google calendar, email etc.

Do what any Google customer should do an switch to AOL.

Lol jk. But seriously on paper it looks like Google services will play nicely.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevstra View Post
    Adam, I believe you need to set the 'email address' for additional calendars to something unused and fake. It doesn't matter. As long as the username is set to your gmail address and the calendar server address is correct, it works. Quite well I might add. Here's a nice little how-to.
    Yeah still no love for me. I can get my main calendar working, but none of my secondary ones - even using a different email. Tells me it fails every time.