I picked up my new Q10 today. I'm slowly figuring everything out, but I'm stumped on one thing: I have a paid google apps account that I'm trying to sync with my BB. The email and contacts sync fine, but my calendar has only synced everything up to 2 weeks ago. No current and future appointments are there.

I chose Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync during setup on my BB.

Has anyone else had this issue and figured out how to resolve?
    05-02-13 02:40 AM
    For most instructions for setting up the Z10, the current, best advice seems to be to NEVER use "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync" when you have a paid for Google Apps account. The CalDAV method is preferred instead... I set up a Q10 for the first time this morning and I used the Z10 method which automatically makes 3 separate entries IMAP, CarDAV and one CalDAV.

from the settings menu or from the hub.. select accounts.. add account.. email,
    calendar and contacts.. type in your email address youraccountATgmailDOTcom.. (or your custom domain name that has the MX records directed to Goggle Apps/Docs or whatever they are calling it these days) click next..enter your
    password.. click next.. leave all 3 services selected.. click next..you will then see 3 separate entries called Gmail.. one IMAP, one CarDAV and one CalDAV.
    You are done!
    s0cializam likes this.
    05-07-13 10:36 AM
    Why should he use Caldav and Co? EAS would be much better, especially in terms of Pushmail. That is the big advantage of a paid google account. I want to use it also and it would be very bad if it won't work properly...
    05-07-13 10:42 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my google app account except for it won't even sync contacts...just email, no calendar.

I REALLY hope someone is able to help soon...this is my business account and a big pain in the @ss!
    05-08-13 12:34 PM
    For most instructions for setting up the Z10, the current, best advice seems to be to NEVER use "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync" when you have a paid for Google Apps account. The CalDAV method is preferred instead... I set up a Q10 for the first time this morning and I used the Z10 method which automatically makes 3 separate entries IMAP, CarDAV and one CalDAV.

calendar and contacts.. type in your email address youraccountATgmailDOTcom.. (or your custom domain name that has the MX records directed to Goggle Apps/Docs or whatever they are calling it these days) click next..enter your
    password.. click next.. leave all 3 services selected.. click next..you will then see 3 separate entries called Gmail.. one IMAP, one CarDAV and one CalDAV.
    You are done!

HUH???? Where did you come up with that.. the prefered method is DEFINITELY EXCHANGE ACTIVE SYNC if you are a paid google apps user.. calDAV/carDAV are the suggested setup for free gmail accounts, only because they do not support EAS.

As for the original question OP, sorry to hear you are having trouble.. you've definitely got it setup correctly if it synced anything at all.. how long have you been waiting? the sync can take a little time to fully complete depending on a number of factors, but it should sync all past and future appointments. It shouldn't be even this long, but I would say wait 12 hours at the most, if the issue has not resolved itself delete and re-add the account.

I currently have 3 calendars synced to my device from my Google apps account over active sync, and am having no trouble with past, present or future appointments including re-curing appointments. The only enhancements I am waiting on is the ability to add participants to an event, or to accept outlook meeting requests.
    05-08-13 12:41 PM
    Okay so I just spent an hour on the phone with BB Tech Support....They must have been fixing it as I was on the phone with them because we tried deleting and reasing my account twice with no luck and suddenly on the 3rd attempt it worked.

Hope it works for everyone else too!
    05-08-13 02:15 PM
    I finally got my Q10 last night and have been using it since then. I have come from an iphone 4s for the last 1.5 years and loving the BB10 experience and the "click click" keyboard. I'm having no luck setting up the my business google apps email/contact/calendar via active sync. I've read the forum, but mine is not connecting (google apps email), I get 403 error (service for account *** is not available. Access should be available soon". I called Rogers and they weren't able to help. I also messaged blackberry help on twitter. Any suggestions please?
    05-09-13 01:22 PM
    I finally got my Q10 last night and have been using it since then. I have come from an iphone 4s for the last 1.5 years and loving the BB10 experience and the "click click" keyboard. I'm having no luck setting up the my business google apps email/contact/calendar via active sync. I've read the forum, but mine is not connecting (google apps email), I get 403 error (service for account *** is not available. Access should be available soon". I called Rogers and they weren't able to help. I also messaged blackberry help on twitter. Any suggestions please?
    The 403 error means active sync is not enabled on your account.. do you have paid google apps account or a dree one?

Posted via CB10
    05-10-13 07:12 AM
    I have the free one. Do I need to upgrade to paid for them to support blackberry integration?

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 smartphone
    05-10-13 07:35 AM
    check your admininstration panel in google apps.

for every device that I add in my group I have to authorize the device from the admin. panel. security feature.
    05-10-13 08:16 AM
    check your admininstration panel in google apps.

for every device that I add in my group I have to authorize the device from the admin. panel. security feature.
    Thanks, I got it to work on imap not active exchange!
    Last edited by Nunzyo; 05-10-13 at 10:44 AM.
    05-10-13 10:21 AM
    I have the free one. Do I need to upgrade to paid for them to support blackberry integration?

Thanks, I got it to work on imap not active exchange!
    If you'd like it to work on exchange then yes, you'll need to upgrade to the paid version. If IMAP is good enough for you then rock on.
    05-10-13 08:57 PM

You are done!
    Hi Steve,
    i see that you know how things working

i have a question.... im also on google apps, and i am using google calender, everything is fine...but the birthdays from my contacts are showing as ALL DAY Events and Status busy. Any chance to fix that?

thanks.
    05-11-13 04:40 AM
    Hi Steve,
    i see that you know how things working

i have a question.... im also on google apps, and i am using google calender, everything is fine...but the birthdays from my contacts are showing as ALL DAY Events and Status busy. Any chance to fix that?

thanks.
    It depends on your setting in Google calendar - go into your google web calendar and change settings of each of your contact's birthdays
    05-11-13 06:21 AM
    Thanks.
    But I found there no settings in the calender.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 07:22 AM
    I am using Google Apps. The paid version where Sync is still fully supported. I have added an EAS account, all is good. I see my Gmail emails, calendar and contacts. However, I do not see All my contacts. For example, if I go to Contacts, and search for Susan, I see only 1 Susan and not the rest. There is a "Remote Search" under the first Susan and if I tap it, then yes, I see all 5 Susans in my contact list. Is there any way I can see all my contacts?

I had this fully working with my previous iPhone.

If I go to the Phone section, and click on the Head icon, I only see 1 Susan, and there is no remote search capability.

Finally, I have set my Contacts to only show my Gmail/Google Apps contacts. I have turned off the Facebook contacts. But in Contacts, I still see photos with the facebook f on it. I am not sure what the glitch is here.

Please help.

Thanks.
    05-11-13 07:29 AM
    I can't access any app on Google Play Store... any help?

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:01 AM
    Probably you chose the wrong server address.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 10:21 AM
    Probably you chose the wrong server address.

Posted via CB10
    I used m.google.com. It's probably because I have the free google business app. Using imap for now which seems to be ok fir the last few days.

05-12-13 08:21 AM
    I can't access any app on Google Play Store... any help?

Posted via CB10
    this is a blackberry and not a android device. research sideloading and converted bar files. if google play is a must for you, then research android devices. all of your previous posts are on this subject and you will get the same answer

Sent from an ATM
    just_luc likes this.
    05-12-13 10:07 AM
    Just Luc -

you said:

I currently have 3 calendars synced to my device from my Google apps account over active sync, and am having no trouble with past, present or future appointments including re-curing appointments. The only enhancements I am waiting on is the ability to add participants to an event, or to accept outlook meeting requests.

I too have Google Apps paid account for work.

My issue is that I am responsible for multiple employees who share their calendars with me and I can view them. However, while my calendar did sync with Exchange method, the others, who have shared theirs with me, has not.

Originally I just set my account up when I got my Q10 like normal, gmail account. I DID get all their calendars using that method, but realized that I didn't get all my emails instantly, and didn't like the 5 minute interval deal...loved BIS before.

So I went to Active Exchange method for that reason alone as a paid Google Apps user and no ability to look at all others calendars.

Is there a work around on this? IE..I can view 8 others calendars and appointments under my single Google Apps account.

Thanks for the help.

PS...LOVE the Q10...I came from Android so I don't mind all the layers involved here...not much different than trying to learn Android like I did when I switched 2 years ago...glad to be back with a physical keyboard once again!!
    06-13-13 08:43 AM