Anyone have a good Bank Of America APK? The ones on APKMirror don't work/open. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 08:23 AM
    Anyone have a good Bank Of America APK? The ones on APKMirror don't work/open. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I don't use BOA but try pkcable's suggestion. Using your browser go to the home page of Bank of America. Then click the overflow menu on bottom right and select "Add to Home Screen". This should put a shortcut with BOA icon onto your desktop to the mobile site. If the mobile site is not good enough, it's time to move on with another device. Pretty much all banking apps will soon require google play services which the android runtime in BB10 cannot handle.
    While I wouldn't personally mess with a banking app, perhaps it just needs to be "patched" Many Android apps can work on BB10 once you patch them via instructions you'll find elsewhere in the forum. AGAIN though I probably wouldn't do it with a banking app! Do they have a mobile website that offers the same or similar functionality? Many banks do.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-29-17 at 08:48 AM.
    06-29-17 08:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't use BOA but try pkcable's suggestion. Using your browser go to the home page of Bank of America. Then click the overflow menu on bottom right and select "Add to Home Screen". This should put a shortcut with BOA icon onto your desktop to the mobile site. If the mobile site is not good enough, it's time to move on with another device. Pretty much all banking apps will soon require google play services which the android runtime in BB10 cannot handle.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-29-17 08:51 AM
    I have decompiled, removed the GPS dependencies and rebuilt. This should work for you on BB10 now. Its version 7.4.2 June 26, 2017 release.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7iswda0k8o...tched.apk?dl=0
    brookie229 and pkcable like this.
    06-29-17 08:53 AM
    Thanks! But it still says unable to open file when I download and open it. Do you know why that is?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 09:02 AM
    Thanks! But it still says unable to open file when I download and open it. Do you know why that is?

Posted via CB10
    Sometimes the BB10 Android runtime is just too far out of date and just won't support an Android app no matter WHAT you do!
    06-29-17 09:05 AM
    Sometimes the BB10 Android runtime is just too far out of date and just won't support an Android app no matter WHAT you do!
    Hmm would sideloading it work probably or nah?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-17 09:13 AM
    Hmm would sideloading it work probably or nah?

Posted via CB10
    How else would you install it OTHER than sideloading? Do you have allow apps for unknown sources checked?
    06-29-17 09:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm that the apk will NOT install. That is the message I get when I try on my Passport (10.3.3.2205).
    06-29-17 09:34 AM
    Sorry guys, didnt have a BB10 device handy to test with at work. Like pkcable said, the ART may be too old to support the app. Can you do your banking functions via a webbrowser?
    06-29-17 09:42 AM
    Sorry guys, didnt have a BB10 device handy to test with at work. Like pkcable said, the ART may be too old to support the app. Can you do your banking functions via a webbrowser?
    Thanks for trying---I can't see any of these banking apk's working with modifications. The security is probably too tight to allow manipulations in the manner that you have tried. GPS's are needed now for nearly all banking apps to allow the unique features that they have. The last gasp for BB10 users are the mobile web apps and they certainly lack in some of the features. They can be enough, however, for some people and that is why I recommend giving them a try first. If they don't do all that you need then get a new phone, pretty simple.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-29-17 10:11 AM
    Slightly off topic, but I do wish BlackBerry had continued to update the Android Runtime. I loved having the best of both worlds with the sandboxed Android.

But regarding the BOA app, I imagine there are some security features in place, too. When I was beta testing for my Priv and had developer mode activated, there were some features that the app said would not work.
    06-30-17 01:09 AM
    banking apps are preparing for tap-to-pay that requires 4.4 . patching isn't going to do squat for that, that whole category of app is a lost cause. the mobile sites are pretty functional aside from check deposit so use those.
    06-30-17 01:44 AM
    With all due respect to CB members, I know we all trust each other here, but I think it's a very good idea to stick to officially signed unmodified apps when it comes to something as sensitive as your banking credentials!

Our mobile sites in this industry work for some people, including those with absolute sworn commitment to particular OSes. If not, these apps all work great on KEYone
    06-30-17 01:52 AM