After testing a q10 for about 2 months I gave it back and bought a Z30. Both are very good devices, but I am just missing the keyboard- feeling. That's the feeling of getting things done.

I want to go back, but the screen was the reason I just changed it. It's to small.

I'm thinking of buying a tablet and getting a new Q10.

What do you think guys ?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 05:30 AM
    Tablet for media + Q10 for communication seems a good choice.
    I have a Q10, and I can't see myself with another phone.
    05-05-15 05:38 AM
    What carrier are you on ? I'm on Verizon and I will trade my Q10+64Gb Playbook if you're Z30 is on Verizon.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    05-05-15 06:01 AM
    Sorry but I'm on Vodafone. I'm considering to buy a windows surface pro, that's a tablet for people wanting to be productive.

Posted via CB10
    andreirad likes this.
    05-05-15 07:04 AM
    Get a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:45 AM
    I believe your screwed. I'm in the same boat, started with a Z10, then bought a Q10 on spare. I switched between those two devices for a while till I decided that the Z had little to offer above the Q.

After I sold the Z10 there was an itch for the bigger screen again... got myself a Z30 with a cracked screen for little and was extremely pleased with it. Until I reopened the drawer with the Q a few weeks later. What a nice little fella that is. And does it lack anything special vs the Z30? Nope, just screen estate and battery life, but it has a keyboard! And the feeling of typing on something real is just awesome.

So now I'm doomed switching between the Z30 and the Q10. And I've accepted it to be so. I'm not going to sell either one of them until there is a portable, large screen, physical keyboard alternative. So the slider could get me on one device again. Until then I just switch as I please.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-05-15 07:47 AM
    Get a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    It's too big. That's exactly what is so awesome about the Q, the tiny footprint.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 07:48 AM
    It's too big. That's exactly what is so awesome about the Q, the tiny footprint.

Posted via CB10
    Tiny, yet so smooth and powerful for its size.

Posted from my Q10 via the power of "Q"
    05-05-15 10:24 AM
    Yeah, I used to use my Q10 for a phone, etc. and my Z10 as a tablet (because the Playbook stinks for the web these days...). It is a good way to go, because the Q10 is good for communication and a tablet is great for media and the web.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Trauma Surgeon likes this.
    05-05-15 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! And replaceable battery. Huge!

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-05-15 12:18 PM
    Tiny, yet so smooth and powerful for its size.

That's what she said.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 01:36 AM
    This is exactly what I chose to do and I'm more than happy!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 02:17 AM
    Q10 as the communicator and a 7" inch tablet as a content consumer. That's the set up I have and I really enjoy it. Thought a Passport could merge the two missions but in the end the Q won as my daily driver. The Tablet rarely comes out unless I know I've got some time, and the Q10 gets its work done in 5 minutes.

The Surface 3 is a great companion Tablet, especially with Blend.

 Q10 on 10.3.1.2582 
    05-06-15 08:34 PM
    Q and tablet for me too. I have an old iPad and my Playbook, but I'm considering a convertible Windows tablet like a Dell Venue Pro or Asus Transformer (can't really justify the pricetag on the Surface Pro 3).

Posted via CB10
    TomTrocc likes this.
    05-06-15 09:38 PM
    Q and tablet for me too. I have an old iPad and my Playbook, but I'm considering a convertible Windows tablet like a Dell Venue Pro or Asus Transformer (can't really justify the pricetag on the Surface Pro 3).

Posted via CB10
    If you want a cheap Windows Tablet, I have enjoyed my Dell Venue 8 Pro. They are under $300 new.
    05-07-15 09:37 AM
    Q10. Keyboard, size and replaceable battery are all a BIG plus. Please take note Mr. Chen.
    anon(9155131) and benwards2 like this.
    05-07-15 11:19 AM
    Q10. Keyboard, size and replaceable battery are all a BIG plus. Please take note Mr. Chen.
    Well said. These are all VITAL features! ... are you listening John? Feck, I'm going have to buy yet another Q10 on ebay/adverts/craigslist!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Trauma Surgeon; 05-07-15 at 03:02 PM.
    05-07-15 12:13 PM
    I'm waiting for the slider. Then I'll have a big screen and a physical QWERTY keyboard.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-07-15 01:01 PM
    I went back to my q10 from my z30
    Partly because I cracked my screen, but now that I have been using the q10 again I'm really enjoying the convenience of its small size. so much easier to carry around, Might just buy myself a tablet now that I have blackberry blend.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-15 05:56 PM
    I have my Q10 in 18+ mnth for communication and Nexus 7 (flo) for surf and fun( 16mnth) . my only option for new phone is new version of Q10 ( passport is not for me to strange form ). Not i need new phone just to support BB (im not fun of onscreen keyboard on smrtphones , have to big hands for typing)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-08-15 08:04 AM
    I went back to my q10 from my z30
    Partly because I cracked my screen, but now that I have been using the q10 again I'm really enjoying the convenience of its small size. so much easier to carry around, Might just buy myself a tablet now that I have blackberry blend.

Posted via CB10
    I'm really pleased with my Nexus 7 2103 and it will work with Blend well. Can find them on Amazon still for around $200 and there is still no lag on mine. Although I primarily got it for gaming & reading, I love the productivity of being able to use wired printing and other stuff plus toss files back and fourth with my Q10 using NFC.

Last edited by axllebeer; 05-08-15 at 09:30 AM.
    Pitac 007 likes this.
    05-08-15 09:10 AM
    First I had a Q10 and because of the small screen I changed to Z30.
    Screen size is great. But I also had and still have problems with the Virtual keyboard.

Well, In my case the Z30 fits more my needs as I more often need a big screen rather than being annoyed of the vkb.

But one thing I realized is, that I got more and more used to vkb. By now I am sometimes faster on vkb than on pkb. ...if there would not always be those mistakes when typing ;-(

What about a passport? Big screen + pkb!?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-15 09:43 AM
    My first BlackBerry experience was the Z10 and I fell in love with it. I then wanted to try the Z30 but I didn't like it as much because of the shaky volume buttons, low ppi, and non removable battery. Then I wanted to try the Q10 because why not. I ended up loving it!

The only thing that makes me angry is the double typing. I had to replace the keyboard and then the space bar was loose. Then I replaced it again and it doesn't really click on the left side. So I'm a little fatigued with the situation.

My Z10 microphone sucks, no one can hear me when I'm on speaker. I'm considering getting the Z30 again since it's on sale but I might just wait for the slider.

Edit: Oh and in between I had a Passport and tried the iPhone 6+. I still regret selling the Passport because it's call/mic sound quality was amazing and speakers were super loud. Don't even get me started on the iPhone. I missed so many important emails. It just had to go. Couldn't even last 2 weeks with it..
    rayporsche likes this.
    05-08-15 11:52 AM