My Q10 stopped receiving emails on my exchange account. Tried rebooting, deleting and resetting account. Does not work when all is well on the Z10.
    Plus the notifications each time BlackBerry Protect disconnects drive me mad. I might take it out of the mothballs when the OS has improved on this thing.
    Plus battery life is atrocious.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    05-13-13 03:54 AM
    My Q10 stopped receiving emails on my exchange account. Tried rebooting, deleting and resetting account. Does not work when all is well on the Z10.
    Plus the notifications each time BlackBerry Protect disconnects drive me mad. I might take it out of the mothballs when the OS has improved on this thing.

I think something must be wrong either with your hardware, or the OS/software configuration on that device.

Not only have I not heard of any new issues with email on the Q10 over the Z, but the battery life under all the same use-case variables on the Q10 MUST be better than the Z10 due to both a significantly larger battery and a significantly less power-hungry screen. Something is not right somewhere.
    05-13-13 04:06 AM
    I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Q10. I have 3 outlook, 1 gmail and 1 o2 POP account connected; I have no issues with any of them (oher than the o2 being "slow").

If you've reloaded the accounts the only thing I would suggest is reloading the whole device. Depending on what network you are on (and where in the world) there is a new os update for the Q...

My battery life has been excellent, easily going well over 24 hours with whatsapp running too...

Reload? Or else the z10 and mothballs? :-)

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    05-13-13 04:09 AM
    Up for 6 hours, battery almost empty.
    After 3 reboots and 4 deletions, emails seem ok for now.

05-13-13 05:39 AM
    maybe to a wipe
    05-13-13 06:48 AM
    Random question but which phone do you like more and why, assuming they both worked well.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 06:49 AM
    Size, keyboard and universal search are great on the Q10.
    Everything else is much better on the Z10, particularly the network connection which is very weak on the Q10.

05-13-13 07:40 AM
    I'll trade you a z10 for your #10 so you can have a backup z

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:10 AM
    Up for 6 hours, battery almost empty.
    After 3 reboots and 4 deletions, emails seem ok for now.
    Interesting aside: Know it's likely a coincidence, but nearly every screen shot I've seen of a Q-10 shows a dead or heavily-drained battery.
    05-13-13 10:33 AM
    Damn, i dont get why people are having these problems with a brand new phone. You really shouldnt have to wipe it and figure out how to fix it if you just got it, kinda sad.
    tanknitrous and CarGuy1368 like this.
    05-13-13 10:36 AM
    I find it interesting how i have not met anyone in person that has complained about issues with the Z or the Q, aside from wanting more apps, yet the forums seem to have so many ppl with random issues.

And i work in the phone industry, i sell the device, i have only taken 1 return since launch of Z, and that was because the person thought it was too complicated.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 10:54 AM
    Reload the software. Both devices are running almost identical software except for a few differences. Seems abnormal you're having issues with one and not the other. Or maybe you've configured something wrong with your email.. thus causing it not to work as well as it draining your battery.
    05-13-13 10:59 AM
    Damn, i dont get why people are having these problems with a brand new phone. You really shouldnt have to wipe it and figure out how to fix it if you just got it, kinda sad.
    It's a brand-new piece of hardware with a new and mostly-untested (by the public) OS, so it really isn't all that surprising. Can you think of any other newly-fielded device/OS combination that didn't have its share of issues and bugs?
    05-13-13 10:59 AM
    It's a brand-new piece of hardware with a new and mostly-untested (by the public) OS, so it really isn't all that surprising. Can you think of any other newly-fielded device/OS combination that didn't have its share of issues and bugs?
    Its 2013, we shouldn't be getting new phones and having to wipe them when we get them. I had these problems with my 9900 and always managed to fix it somehow, I hope to get the q10 when its avail for att in the us. Its just annoying to see people struggle with such a great phone.
    05-13-13 11:21 AM
    Its 2013, we shouldn't be getting new phones and having to wipe them when we get them. I had these problems with my 9900 and always managed to fix it somehow, I hope to get the q10 when its avail for att in the us. Its just annoying to see people struggle with such a great phone.
    most people don't have to wipe their phones. Of course, once in a while some people do. It's not a fairytale in 2013, and you can be sure a BlackBerry isn't the only phone that's ever needed a wipe, even today.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 12:50 PM
    I find it interesting how i have not met anyone in person that has complained about issues with the Z or the Q, aside from wanting more apps, yet the forums seem to have so many ppl with random issues.

And i work in the phone industry, i sell the device, i have only taken 1 return since launch of Z, and that was because the person thought it was too complicated.

It's a well known fact that technical forums like this one attract a disproportionate share of people who have problems with the product.

Think about it. If you had nothing but a perfect experience with a device, and you're not a gadget nut fanboy/fangrrl, would you even bother wasting your time coming here unless there was something you were trying to get help on? Generally not - people who don't have problems with their device are just busy using it and getting on with their lives.

There are also a certain number of shills/plants that come to places like this that are actually being paid to badmouth a competitor's products. Samsung got caught doing that a few times. (Not on Crackberry yet though, to my knowledge.)

It's a brand-new piece of hardware with a new and mostly-untested (by the public) OS, so it really isn't all that surprising.

Blackberry 10 has been in the hands of retail customers since the end of January. I would wager that 95% of the people who are having battery drain problems with a Q10 are suffering from something that is fixable. (ie something is configured incorrectly, something happened to corrupt the OS - ie a bad migration from a legacy device - or they have a flawed battery-draining app installed) Most of the severe battery-drain issues in the OS itself have already been sorted prior to the 10.1 OS release that ships on the Q10.
    05-13-13 04:00 PM

Can't you return the phone under warranty ?
    05-13-13 04:11 PM
    Exchange account seems to be ok now. No idea what the reason was.
    Notification for BlackBerry Protect being out of network is still driving me mad, so I have swiched off BBP.
    Battery life still an issue. I have switched off 4G. I think that people reporting good battery life are those on wifi all day, not travelling at all. My Z10 is on wifi at home all day and needs recharging only every 3 days (no phone calls).
    05-15-13 03:59 AM
    most people don't have to wipe their phones. Of course, once in a while some people do. It's not a fairytale in 2013, and you can be sure a BlackBerry isn't the only phone that's ever needed a wipe, even today.

Posted via CB10
    I can assure you my husband has had an Slll and now an Sllll and he's had his own unique set of quibbles and issues - no phone is perfect (don't get me started on iphones!)

Knowledge is power... Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-15-13 05:14 AM
    I got my Q10, I did the simple setup, It's a love story.
    05-15-13 09:12 AM