I've done several searches on this and found A LOT of people have had this problem with their Q10...

When you add your GMAIL Account to the device and it asks you what you want to sync (email, contacts and calendar) it sometimes, actually a lot of times replicates contacts in your address book...

So, where you have John Doe listed once in your GMAIL contacts and Jane Doe listed once in your GMAIL contacts on your computer, your Q10 will show two entries...Rather annoying and the only fix that I have been successful with is deleting my GMAIL from the Q10 and re-adding it...

Called Blackberry and they say this is NOT a known issue and I tell them YES IT IS IF YOU SEARCH GOOGLE...

Anyone else have this issue and if you have a work around I would LOVE to hear it...
    07-03-13 01:52 AM
    What worked for me is ONLY populating the address book with contacts from Gmail. In other words, I had no contacts on my SIM or in my phone prior to setting up my Gmail account.

When I added Linkedin and Facebook after setting up Gmail, the contacts app automatically linked all of the info automatically. It was a surprisingly seamless process especially since I was mentally prepared to have to deal with a lot of clean up and organization.
    07-03-13 02:13 AM
    The only contacts in my phone are the ones from the SIM from the factory. I never have any contacts except from Gmail and as I said after adding and deleting about 15 times tonight it finally synced without a duplicate.
    07-03-13 03:12 AM
    I've done several searches on this and found A LOT of people have had this problem with their Q10...

When you add your GMAIL Account to the device and it asks you what you want to sync (email, contacts and calendar) it sometimes, actually a lot of times replicates contacts in your address book...

So, where you have John Doe listed once in your GMAIL contacts and Jane Doe listed once in your GMAIL contacts on your computer, your Q10 will show two entries...Rather annoying and the only fix that I have been successful with is deleting my GMAIL from the Q10 and re-adding it...

Called Blackberry and they say this is NOT a known issue and I tell them YES IT IS IF YOU SEARCH GOOGLE...

Anyone else have this issue and if you have a work around I would LOVE to hear it...
    Hmm... Using a Q10 in Manila not having the problem.. Wonder if its the AT&T release?
    07-03-13 10:46 AM

Are you sure that both sets are from Gmail? Did you do a device switch from an OS7.x device to your Q10?

When I did the device switch from my 9900 to my Z10, all my Gmail contacts were brought to the Z and stored as "Local Contacts". Then, when I set up my Gmail account, I ended up with a perfect set of duplicates.

To check if your situation is smilar, I'd suggest opening Contacts and going to settings, and under "Show Account in Contact List", turn off all accounts. Go back to your Contacts. Anything showing there will be Local Contacts. You can tap on any one, then tap Links at the bottom of the screen and it will confirm what list the entry is from. You can also use this to check from any list.

Give it a try and let us know.

Edit: If they do turn out to be Local Contacts, you can get rid of them easily. Go to Settings > Accounts > overflow menu (3 vertical dots at bottom right) and tap "Clear Local Contacts".
    07-03-13 12:08 PM
    I too have the mysterious contact relocation and deleting feature! It is super annoying! I thought about the Gmail contacts being a problem also so I went into settings and removed the sync options to only email. It solved it for a day or so then contacts started to disappear again. I will be contacting At&t and BlackBerry to solve this issue hopefully.
    07-15-13 04:38 PM