So, after a lot of debate on iPhone or BB10 as replacement for her 9780 , my GF just picked up a new white Q10 yesterday and after a day trying out the phone, learning about gestures and all the functions, she's totally in love with it!

My influence definitely helped but almost all of her friends were all over her to get an iPhone instead and even from her perspective she's still worried with all the negative news and stuff. She just had to spend a day to completely be sold.

This really proves that BB10 phones must be tried and demoed and experienced and then there will be no debate. The marketing has failed to generate enough blind interest. People must get hands on experience.

What else can BlackBerry do to make ppl actually try a device?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AlexBC; 08-20-13 at 04:37 AM.
    08-20-13 01:55 AM
    What else?

Reduce the price.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    08-20-13 02:00 AM
    I have two friends who had a Torch 9810 and were eligible for an upgrade..they were looking at other phones but ended up getting the Z10 and were blown away by how new and different BlackBerry 10 is from their older BlackBerrys.

Most everyone who I've shown my phone to is down right surprised at how good the OS is, and many were old BlackBerry users from years ago, and they all can tell immediately that it is totally different than before.

BlackBerry should do everything they can to make sure people know this. Different isn't always better, but in the case of BB10/legacy devices, all the difference in BlackBerry 10 make it better.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 04:09 AM
    100% agreed.

BB10 literally has nothing to do with BB7, 6, or 5 and it might as well been released by another company. They have absolutely done nothing to show people HOW DIFFERENT and much much better BB10 is! Thorsten, are you listening???

I have two friends who had a Torch 9810 and were eligible for an upgrade..they were looking at other phones but ended up getting the Z10 and were blown away by how new and different BlackBerry 10 is from their older BlackBerrys.

Most everyone who I've shown my phone to is down right surprised at how good the OS is, and many were old BlackBerry users from years ago, and they all can tell immediately that it is totally different than before.

BlackBerry should do everything they can to make sure people know this. Different isn't always better, but in the case of BB10/legacy devices, all the difference in BlackBerry 10 make it better.

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    08-20-13 04:39 AM
    what they can do is drop the price of the Q5 down the ground... everywhere and bring them out in all colors the same time.
    give ppl the chance to rent some demo units for 7 days... so they can try them out...
    the more users the better.
    08-20-13 05:45 AM
    So, after a lot of debate on iPhone or BB10 as replacement for her 9780 , my GF just picked up a new white Q10 yesterday and after a day trying out the phone, learning about gestures and all the functions, she's totally in love with it!

My influence definitely helped but almost all of her friends were all over her to get an iPhone instead and even from her perspective she's still worried with all the negative news and stuff. She just had to spend a day to completely be sold.

This really proves that BB10 phones must be tried and demoed and experienced and then there will be no debate. The marketing has failed to generate enough blind interest. People must get hands on experience.

What else can BlackBerry do to make ppl actually try a device?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much same thing happened with me any my gf, but she was coming from a curve 3g and I had convinced her to keep on waiting for the Q10 to be released, while all her friends wanted her to get the iphone. Fast-foward to now, and after side loading instagram onto her Q10, 3 of her friends went from iphone to bb10, (1 to a q10, 2 to Z10). It really seems like people just need to try the phone for a day or 2 to be sold on it.
    08-20-13 07:52 AM
    Slowly taking over the world one by one.

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323
    08-20-13 08:23 AM
    It is pretty good for people who don't care about the latest apps. Too bad there are many more that do care about them.
    08-20-13 08:28 AM
    I have my Q10 for almost a week now and I was skeptical about a touch fone but am getting used to it. Been using a BlackBerry since my first 8300

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 08:45 AM
    BB10 is by far and away the best OS available. I've been saying this since I got one....but if you truly try and use these devices, you will be hard pressed to move away from them.

I've been spending a significant amount of time lately looking up and trying Droid devices both HTC one and SG4 (already versed on iOS). Other than some major social apps....what the heck are people thinking?

Swipe, swipe it good...via CB10 from my Z10
    08-20-13 09:11 AM
    My GF and my sis both have the S3....and when they helped me unbox and set up my Q10...they were really impressed with the OS and the speed of it. They were like "woah didnt know blackberry had this kind of phones... makes me want one to chat lol".

BBRY is being dumb. People just doesnt know the phone.
    08-20-13 09:43 AM
    I love my Q10. Everything about it.. I've always liked my previous berry's and my iphone 4s.. but the Q10 is really amazing.

BlackBerry needs to MARKET this phone PROPERLY.

Maybe they're waiting for 10.2 to be released so that they can market with toast notifications and all the new features..

Q10
    08-20-13 10:28 AM
    I my self have owned a lot of phones in all brands and for some reason I usually return to my beloved bb. Loving the new BlackBerry

Posted from Q10 from CB10 running 10.2.0.1323
    08-20-13 11:25 AM
    I cant wait to get the Q later this year
    08-20-13 11:46 AM
    Wow, I am shocked that she likes her brand new phone compared to 3 year old phone that runs an old OS lol. BB is definitely going to be okay now
    08-20-13 11:52 AM
    Wow, I am shocked that she likes her brand new phone compared to 3 year old phone that runs an old OS lol. BB is definitely going to be okay now
    apparently you missed the part where he mentioned that all her friends had iphones, and she choose the q over them.
    08-20-13 12:49 PM
    Like everyone said, the phones should have come out with much much lower prices. Grab as much marketshare as possible for more apps, more marketshare, more apps, and so on and so forth in a positive self-reinforcing cycle. The recent price cut for BES 10 is a step in the right direction.
    08-20-13 03:00 PM
    Apparently you missed the part where her bf urged her to get a Q10 or the part where she previously had a BB with a keyboard. Of course its going to be an awesome phone, she just came from a POS lol.
    08-20-13 03:02 PM
    Apparently you missed the part where her bf urged her to get a Q10 or the part where she previously had a BB with a keyboard. Of course its going to be an awesome phone, she just came from a POS lol.
    Easy chill out no need to be an a$$ about it, who spat in your coffee?
    FCSC likes this.
    08-20-13 03:05 PM
    what they can do is drop the price of the Q5 down the ground... everywhere and bring them out in all colors the same time.
    give ppl the chance to rent some demo units for 7 days... so they can try them out...
    the more users the better.
    That's my thinking, not so much for the demo but definitely for pricing. I said it before, BlackBerry needs to make the price so low that people can't help but make it a device that they need to consider. Remember when MS wasn't getting the adoption rate with W8 that they hoped for? They priced it at $15 bucks as an upgrade (which is not too exclusive, most pc's already have windows OS). BlackBerry has a user base in around 70+ million. Give these people a reason they can't refuse to not go to BB10. I would buy a Q5 if it was sub $200, it's not so i bought a 9720 Curve as my secondary for work. BlackBerry was/is arrogant and thought the base would buy at any price, ha, other than the miniscule diehards it never materialized. Stop thinking your Apple, apps, specs and price matters.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 03:14 PM