Complaining about not having wifi calling when Tmobile has said that you have free international roaming which I take means you can make phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    Free international roaming on Tmo is for data only, not calls. While Tmo has reduced calling rates, it is still 20 cents per minute in most roaming countries.

So... still obvious benefits to wifi calling.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-19-14 11:18 AM
    Have the other party install BBM and use BBM Voice.
    02-19-14 11:22 AM
    $55 bucks for unlimited talk, text, and 2.5gb At 4G on T-Mobile

8530 - 9670 - Palm Pre - Palm Pixi - 9930 - iPhone 4 - Z10 - HTC One - S3 - S4 - Q10 - Z10 STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    02-19-14 11:25 AM
    Have the other party install BBM and use BBM Voice.
    You don't get it... you expect me to tell every one of my clients (hundreds of them) that they must communicate with me only through BBM? Really?

You do realize that in business, many folks still use land lines? What then?

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-19-14 11:56 AM
    I travel all over the world. You can't beat the savings with any other carrier. No more $1000 bills for me.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    cartoon2007 likes this.
    02-19-14 12:02 PM
    Free international roaming on Tmo is for data only, not calls. While Tmo has reduced calling rates, it is still 20 cents per minute in most roaming countries.

So... still obvious benefits to wifi calling.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    WIFI calling is based entirely off the wireless signal you are utilizing. I don't believe Tmobile's WIFI calling is available internationally.
    02-19-14 12:11 PM
    WIFI calling is based entirely off the wireless signal you are utilizing. I don't believe Tmobile's WIFI calling is available internationally.
    Yes it Is. I know. Been there and done that. It's free. Also my girl is in Peru using a Z10 Nd I can call her and she calls me. No charge.

cartoon2007 likes this.
    02-19-14 12:14 PM
    Also if you don't have wifi you can use Skype over the cellular network and call anywhere.

02-19-14 12:18 PM
    I did that. Love the new OS. But leaks are not refined, not supported, and lack some features like wifi calling. I shouldn't have to ghetto rig my phone to be updated.
    Depends. The 10.2.1.1925 leak is pretty much what got pushed out as 10.2.1.

Support? From the know-nothings at your carrier who whose technical advice will probably be "buy an iPhone -- it does not have that problem"? CrackBerry puts the carriers to shame when it comes to supporting actual BB users. And if you have a hardware issue where you need "support" (warranty conerage etc.) you can always re-flash the official carrier OS. (That is unless your device has something like a bad micro USB port, etc.)

WiFi calling -- yeah that is not in the leak.
    02-19-14 12:21 PM
    Depends. The 10.2.1.1925 leak is pretty much what got pushed out as 10.2.1.

Support? From the know-nothings at your carrier? CrackBerry puts the carriers to shame when it comes to supporting actual BB users. And if you have an hardware issue where you need "support" you can always re-flash the official carrier OS. (That is unless your device has something like a bad micro USB port, etc.)

WiFi calling -- yeah that is not in the leak.
    Hey, Southlander- suppose you use the leaked OS for a few months and have data you created in that time frame, stored on your device and the associated apps you downloaded.

When you reset to factory settings, you cannot restore from the backup you did from the leaked OS, right?

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    02-19-14 12:25 PM
    Wrong. It certainly does work...used it on a multitude of international trips!

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    cartoon2007 likes this.
    02-19-14 12:44 PM
    Also if you don't have wifi you can use Skype over the cellular network and call anywhere.

Firstly, Skype quality has taken a nose dive since MS bought em.

Secondly, Tmo's free international data is only 2G... which isn't enough for quality calls.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    02-19-14 12:46 PM
    Firstly, Skype quality has taken a nose dive since MS bought em.

Secondly, Tmo's free international data is only 2G... which isn't enough for quality calls.

Posted with Z10 via CB10
    Yeah. But it depends on which country you're in. I've had 4G in a few. But still it's better than nothing.

02-19-14 12:50 PM
    I didn't realize just how many people are either misinformed or underinformed. Please, don't get all of your information from blogs and forums. And refrain from pseudo -knowledgable participation unless you are actually a user of the service you are commenting on. Otherwise you perpetuate misinformation.

I am with T-Mobile and have been for 9 years. They were once great supporters of BlackBerry and were one of the only US companies to offer unlimited everything for one solid low price. Now, with the new program, one is sure to be nickel and dimed to death to have a complete service, e.g. $80 for a family plan, $20 for 2.5gb data for two, $20 for insurance/protection for two, $40 device payment plan for two, equals $160 plus taxes monthly. This is exactly what I was paying for the previous program except now I don't have unlimited data.

As I said before, getting real tired of your stuff T-Mobile.
    02-19-14 01:08 PM
    Hey, Southlander- suppose you use the leaked OS for a few months and have data you created in that time frame, stored on your device and the associated apps you downloaded.

When you reset to factory settings, you cannot restore from the backup you did from the leaked OS, right?

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    If you try to restore data from a newer leaked version to and older official version then I expect it will NOT work. So if someone accumulates a lot of valuable data in apps and absolutely needs to maintain that -- then leaks are not the way to go. Official is.

For me the only critical thing on my phone is emails -- which are all server side and load back easily on any version. Well, and Password Keeper. Which I have never tried to "go backwards" with.
    02-19-14 01:39 PM
    I can verify that tmobile's wifi calling works internationally. I would pay for an hour of wifi at a hotspot in a train station in germany and could call anyone anywhere, and also text while having no other signal but wifi.

Huge perk to have

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 02:43 PM
    If you try to restore data from a newer leaked version to and older official version then I expect it will NOT work. So if someone accumulates a lot of valuable data in apps and absolutely needs to maintain that -- then leaks are not the way to go. Official is.

For me the only critical thing on my phone is emails -- which are all server side and load back easily on any version. Well, and Password Keeper. Which I have never tried to "go backwards" with.
    Thanks, Bro. I expected as much. I am on official release for Z10 and waiting for Verizon to push out for Q10. I know the leaks can be awesome and are tempting, but I think they're not without some disadvantages. It just depends on the user.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    02-19-14 04:58 PM
    Thanks, Bro. I expected as much. I am on official release for Z10 and waiting for Verizon to push out for Q10. I know the leaks can be awesome and are tempting, but I think they're not without some disadvantages. It just depends on the user.

Via CB10 & Z10 or Q10
    Exactly. And I tend to (sometimes wrongly) give leaks advice based on the assumption that others would not typically have loads of valuable and irreplaceable data that has to be able to migrate backwards.

Of course the "try a leak" advice is always given with the advice to first make a Backup.

But in the case of needing to migrate data backwards due to dissatisfaction with a leak, a back up likely won't work.

Something I had not thoroughly considered. Thank you for pointing that out.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    cartoon2007 likes this.
    02-20-14 07:36 AM
    Exactly. And I tend to (sometimes wrongly) give leaks advice based on the assumption that others would not typically have loads of valuable and irreplaceable data that has to be able to migrate backwards.

Of course the "try a leak" advice is always given with the advice to first make a Backup.

But in the case of needing to migrate data backwards due to dissatisfaction with a leak, a back up likely won't work....
    If I backup using Link on a device with OS 10.2.0.1234 (for example). I update my OS and have a problem. So I revert my phone to 10.2.0.1234 the backup will restore without issue. Now, If I update then backup then revert (why would anyone do that?), the backup will likely not restore. But as long as I backed up before the update, there is no issue. The only problem I would see is if I backup on 10.2.0.1234 and revert to 10.2.0.1011. The backup will likely not restore in that case.
    02-20-14 10:13 AM
    I don't even think verizon has released the new update for Q10 yet... which is a massive bummer

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:00 PM
45 12