This has really been a hard decision but thanks to this forum and all of your posts and honest responses I am closer to staying with Blackberry and getting the Q10.
    I have one post so far about the Q10 or i phone and know now it is more of a personal choice and needs.
    I love my torch and the only reason for the change is to get faster e mails? I am in sales and have to get what they call rapid respose leads really quickly.
    So for you Canadians or anyone else that can advise??? Telus or Fido?
    Does anyone honestly know which one is faster? I am with Telus now and fairly happy but willing to pay and get out of a contract if Fido is faster. They certainly have cheaper plans?
    Thanks in advance and will post when I get the phone.
    06-03-13 07:33 AM
    How long have you been with Telus? You can always call them up and haggle with them for a loyalty plan. I got 300min, unlimited text, caller ID, voice mail 3, and 1GB data for 50$.
    06-03-13 07:42 AM
    I have been with them for a few years now paying $60 for the same, I will call them and see what they can do. Thanks.
    06-03-13 08:50 AM
    Just like iggycity has posted try hassling telus for better plan. Fido's new plans are terrible. I was glad when I picked up my q10 I was able to keep my existing plan unlimited talk, text,voice mail and callerid and 2gb of data all for 50 boness.

Posted Via Q10
    06-03-13 09:00 AM
    I am with Rogers and paying 60$ for unlimited Canada wide talk/messaging and 1GB of data and pretty happy with the service. In my opinion if you're not staying with your current provider - better go to Rogers then Fido. The quality is my better with Rogers then Fido and they share the same customer service. But that's only me. I've been with Fido, then Rogers, WIND Mobile, and then back to the Rogers.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-03-13 09:18 AM
    Forgot to add something. If you're not buying the phone outright, then Go to COSTCO - they will give you the same contract and will give some cash back to purchase some accessories.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-03-13 09:33 AM
    Network quality seems to vary by province and municipality. Northern Alberta was a problem for me on Rogers (same network as Fido, Speakout..) but is much better on Bell (same network as Telus, Koodo, Virgin). A good friend tells me it's the reverse in ON. I now use Bell as my primary but carry a backup android phone with a tablet data plan on Rogers at $5/m (all tablet plans can use voice and sms as well)

Unless you're dealing with movie sized attachments, your email should be just as fast on any lte network. If you are working with big stuff, check into Rogers' new LTE in your area.

If you want the best cell phone plan move to Thunderbay, ON

Posted via talented thumbs
    06-03-13 10:14 AM