I was on the bus today, with Q10 sitting right next to me until a sudden stop.
    It pretty much slid off the seat and did a good half a meter on the bus floor, facing down.
    Now the plastics(?) around the AMOLED got minor scratches on the edge (1.5cm each).

Would black nail polishing work???
    Exposed parts aren't pretty looking at all. Think I'll wait a couple month to replace them.

So yea, get some sort of protection before it's too late. This Q10's exterior isn't as tough as past ones.
    06-10-13 06:20 PM
    I am curious about this topic. What cases would you guys recommend for the Q10. I particularly don't like cases on my phone, but it may not be a bad idea.
    06-10-13 06:27 PM
    I am curious about this topic. What cases would you guys recommend for the Q10. I particularly don't like cases on my phone, but it may not be a bad idea.
    otterbox looks way too ugly... That's why I'm running my phone "naked"
    06-10-13 06:30 PM
    Just received my Otterbox commuter series case for the Q10 today from shop Crackberry. It is a bit bulkier than previous commuters, but I've always used Otterbox, and I know that it wont let me down. My old 9900 looks brand new out of the box thanks to the Otterbox Commuter. Well worth the money when you have to keep a phone for an extended period of time.
    06-10-13 06:35 PM
    Just received my Otterbox commuter series case for the Q10 today from shop Crackberry. It is a bit bulkier than previous commuters, but I've always used Otterbox, and I know that it wont let me down. My old 9900 looks brand new out of the box thanks to the Otterbox Commuter. Well worth the money when you have to keep a phone for an extended period of time.
    Yup. I have the Otterbox Defender on my white q10. I hate Otterbox doesnt carry white, so I went on Amazon and bought a clear plastic case for when I want to carry it white.
    I also have a black LG Tone bluerooth headset but im going to return it and get a white one.
    06-10-13 06:42 PM
    Good call, I'm looking at it now.
    boys_inter likes this.
    06-10-13 06:44 PM
    I'd keep hold of it where you can. I definitely wouldn't put it on a bus seat either. You have to pick it up and at times hold it to your face. Pensioners ride the bus and we all know their bowels are all over the show.

I bought an oem soft shell case two days ago which I returned today. As i suspected, I prefer using a leather case.

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    X4xtraordinary likes this.
    06-10-13 06:45 PM
    I seldom use cases on my devices these days, but I have the OEM BlackBerry Hard Case on my Q10. It's a really well done piece with a nice protective back, and rubberized sides. The best part is it blends into the design of the phone, so it doesn't even look like you're using a case at all.

I'd recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 06:46 PM
    Yup. I have the Otterbox Defender on my white q10. I hate Otterbox doesnt carry white, so I went on Amazon and bought a clear plastic case for when I want to carry it white.
    I also have a black LG Tone bluerooth headset but im going to return it and get a white one.
    Hey can you tell me how you like the defender series for Q10? I am particularly curious about the built in screen protector? Is it any good? I have one on back order for Q10 so there is still time for me to opt out. Thanks. I don't care if it is bulky. I always use defenders.
    06-10-13 06:51 PM
    Can you post a pic of your OEM Blackberry Hard Case? Also, did you pick it up at Verizon or order it online?

Thanks!
    06-10-13 07:33 PM
    Get a protection case for your Q10, guys-img_00000012.jpg
    Get a protection case for your Q10, guys-img_00000011.jpg

Hopefully these give an idea of what the case looks like. The sides that curve around the device are rubberized, and give a great grip as well as protection.

I got the case from an eBay seller, think it cost me about $21 or so.

Posted via CB10
    steinercat likes this.
    06-10-13 07:47 PM
    I have the Incipio Dual Pro and I love it.
    06-10-13 07:53 PM
    Yea when I saw the video review of the OEM hard case I decided that's the one I'd be using.
    06-10-13 07:59 PM
    Those photos were taken with the Q, incidentally.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:04 PM
    Awesome, thanks!
    06-10-13 08:06 PM
    Anyone knows how to make up this?
    06-10-13 08:08 PM
    There isn't a built in screen protector for the Otterbox Defender. It comes with a clear screen protector that you apply. I'm not happy at all with that because if it falls on uneven ground or something, the front isn't protected.
    06-11-13 02:32 PM
    Boys, do you think you could share your opinions of the commuter on your Q10? I also ordered one (as well as a Ballistic SG case) from crackberry, which should be here soon.

How is it for gestures? Does it interfere at all? Is typing on the keyboard alright? How about the port covers overs, are they easy to press?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    06-11-13 02:48 PM
    I personally can't do the otterbox either, it's too big and I usually have small pockets and a fairly small purse. I have always used soft shell cases on all of my previous phones, I am not afraid of them being damaged from a drop (because I am generally gentle with then) but more scratched.

I was going to buy the black Q10 until I saw the review of cases and I loved how this really light pink looked with the white Q10. I know they make the same case in other colors if you don't like pink. lol. I have this and a screen protector. Cost me like $30 for both.

The only problem is I'm still waiting for my Q10 lol. It should be here today. But in my general past experience soft shell cases have always felt thinner and lighter and worked just fine to prevent scratching.

Also attached is the link to the case review by crackberry.

Get a protection case for your Q10, guys-imageuploadedbycb-forums1370980619.394308.jpgGet a protection case for your Q10, guys-imageuploadedbycb-forums1370980632.410006.jpgGet a protection case for your Q10, guys-imageuploadedbycb-forums1370980646.929789.jpgGet a protection case for your Q10, guys-imageuploadedbycb-forums1370980656.581141.jpg
    06-11-13 03:06 PM
    Sorry about the scratches OP.
    I do the insurance, hold on tight, and hope I don't have to use it.This thing is too good to cover up.
    06-11-13 03:37 PM
    So at the end of the Q10 accessories video the fit of the leather holster with the hard shell case(i believe) was nice and snug... so I am guessing the hard shell case would fit the same in the leather pouch. Has anybody come across this or know if it would fit nice and snug. right now i am going with the leather pouch because i Love the feel of just the blackberry when i am at the office using it. I am usually an Otterbox Defender guy from all of my previous devices, but i absolutely love the design of this Q10, and stayed away from the Defender SO FAR .

Thanks
    06-11-13 03:45 PM
    I keep my phone in a holster. Don't think I'll ever just leave it sitting on a bus seat... I have no pockets to spare, back pocket has my wallet, the other has receipts and other random papers I accumulate through the day, plus don't like the idea of sitting on my phone... And I live in South Florida so "swamp ***" is a big problem here, lol. My left front picket has my keys, no way the phone will go with keys, my front right pocket has... Something else that cannot be replaced either... So holster is the fastest, and only way really for me to carry my phone...
    06-11-13 03:59 PM
    Boys, do you think you could share your opinions of the commuter on your Q10? I also ordered one (as well as a Ballistic SG case) from crackberry, which should be here soon.

How is it for gestures? Does it interfere at all? Is typing on the keyboard alright? How about the port covers overs, are they easy to press?

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    After a few days of use I can tell you overall it is a great case. Like I mentioned it is a bit bulkier than previous Commuters though. As far as gestures are concerned no problems at all, you have plenty of room and then some. As for typing, feels just as good and accessible as it does without the case.

The only downfall, which in reality isn't as bad as it sounds, the charging port can be difficult to open, other ports are fine. Hope this helps!
    SharonRD likes this.
    06-13-13 07:04 PM
    Thanks, that does help. Makes me feel better knowing that there is no interefence with gestures or typing, so my money has been well-spent. Unlike some, I don't mind the bulk whatsoever, makes a phone feel a little more substantial. When my Ballistic SG arrives, I'll let members know how it is to gesture, type, how it feels, etc.
    06-13-13 07:25 PM
    The BlackBerry hard case if definitely the way to go, very nice.

Posted via CB10 using the awesome Q10
    06-13-13 08:08 PM
32 12