Numerous people report that they find it's hard to understand much of what I am saying when talking with this device.

And that's using AT&T with 5 bars on LTE.

Is this a faulty device or a pervasive problem. I would have thought the microphone at this point would deliver crisp and clear sound?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 08:46 AM
    i sometimes have this issue, my fiancee and I call it the "Alien" noise. It is just the network sometimes, nothing to be worried about. I've heard people on iphones and androids having the same issue. Happens generally when the actual reception is weak or the network is congested. You can have full bars and standing right beside the cell tower, still happens. Wouldn't worry about it.
    10-07-13 08:54 AM
    i sometimes have this issue, my fiancee and I call it the "Alien" noise. It is just the network sometimes, nothing to be worried about. I've heard people on iphones and androids having the same issue. Happens generally when the actual reception is weak or the network is congested. You can have full bars and standing right beside the cell tower, still happens. Wouldn't worry about it.
    I think it's more pervasive than limited? Of course, I can't hear myself. One person think it's particularly bad when calling iPhones, but I had a client with a Galaxy who complained as well?
    10-07-13 09:17 AM
    Sometimes even if you phone shows 5 bars doesn't mean you get excellent signal.
    With ATT my phone behaves erratically sometimes I can make perfect phone calls with only one bar, and sometimes I can't even make a connection with the phone shows more than 3 bars. Anyway you should go to a store and request a different SIM card. Sometimes this fix the problem.
    10-07-13 09:22 AM