Not many native apps. I hope u know that. My advice is to find the latest leak in the Crackberry forum, Load it up, and you will be in for Amazement. Welcome aboard.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 05:03 PM
    Thanks for the response man!

Glad I'm not the only one who, in the eyes of the public, is "downgrading" LOL!

Any cases, skins or accessories you'd recommend? I'm not sure if I need/want a second battery.. At work I have no service so it's useless for about 7 hours of my day, give or take lunch breaks..
    I tried all type of cases from bumpers to oem cases and in the end I settle for is none of them!

It's hard to explain but the feeling of a naked Q10 is just awesome. I just use the oem holster and no casing.

Galaxy Nexus battery is awful unless you buy the extended battery. Q10 battery life is much better.

You won't need a second battery if you are on wifi, LTE+ does suck a lot of battery so either change setting to hspa/4G or plug in usb connector to pc for charging if at work. But even with LTE should be fine during work hours.

Usually from 9am to 12pm I have around 20-40% left in battery.

Posted via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 05:11 PM
    I too just switched from the galaxy nexus back to the amazing BlackBerry Q10 and it's been a joy so far. Best decision I've made. I missed the physical keyboard too and the screen isn't a let down. Enjoy

Posted via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 05:21 PM
    I just traded in my z10 for this Q10 and absolutely love it. I missed the physical keyboard and being able to type straight from the homescreen is pretty convenient. I'm leaving mine naked. It seems to be a sturdy device and to cover up the beautiful glass weave on the back should be a crime. I'll get a case after I drop it. You'll see me post a picture of my broken Q10 on here in about a week.

Posted via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 05:34 PM
    Just out of curiosity, based on the apps you need, what makes you want a BlackBerry?
    01-10-14 06:02 PM
    If you're into Instagram, and it's really a big thing for you, the Q10 might disappoint you. I have the Z10 and Q10, and after side loading it onto my Q10, I deleted it. You can see almost all of the pictures, but the top and bottom are cut off due to the screen size. I've never uploaded a picture on my Q10 to Instagram (I rarely ever post, but when I have, it's from my iPod touch).

YouTube is fine on it. There's no YouTube app, but videos load perfectly fine on it. They're clear as anything, the videos play just as fine and sharply as on my iPod touch, but of course the screen size is just smaller. Totally fine for what it sounds like you're interested in.

The Q10 and Galaxy Nexus really could not be more different. The keyboard is the best, the battery life is great, the fit and finish of the phone is top notch. The screen is really good too. The colors are rich, vibrant, and deep, though some have complained that it's a little dark. I've been fine.

The OEM hardshell case from BlackBerry is my favorite case for mine. It fits perfectly and looks nice. I have a black Q10 and a black case, and it has a really nice BlackBerry logo on the case.. looks really official and not some bootleg case.
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 06:31 PM
    Hey guys!

Now just a heads up, I once was a die hard BB guy. Old curve, to the Tour, Storm (hated) and then first Bold. I've always had an affection for BB, I'm on this website like everyday, even though I haven't owned a BB in a couple years. Since my transition from BB, I've owned iPhone 4 and 4S, and currently Galaxy nexus..

And I think it's now time to go back to what I've craved for the longest.. A KEYBOARD! I'm sick of this virtual typing bull.. Yes I'm good at it, it's not like I can't type, I'm just sick of relying on a screen to do everything for me! I need that feeling of hitting a key not a piece of glass. (No knock to the Z10 of course, that thing is just as awesome!) Any ways, I need opinions.. Contract expires in a few days and I'm almost SURE I want the Q10, but I need a real Q10 user to tell me how amazing this machine is..

Background info: Heavy texter, IG abuser (I know a small amount about side loading), YouTube is one concern (is the quality of video size as bad as some say? I don't need this crazy picture size/quality just to watch a video of Cristiano Ronaldo highlights or Dom Mazzetti crack gym jokes!) Also, What's a good case for the phone? I'd prefer all natural, but I know I'm gonna be hawking over it like a child for the next 3 months and just need that piece of mind.. Perhaps a skin?

C'mon guys gimmie some help!
    The Q10 is a great phone. I know nothing of sideloading or the igrann app, though I gotta believe you won't suffer horrid withdrawal with the non-native app. As for text and email you will quickly remember why you miss the real keyboard. The virtual keyboard on glass is for the birds. There is no substitute for the real thing. You will fly on this keyboard and be glad you have it back. Don't think twice.

Because I am not a sideloader I am not running the leaked OS but by all accounts that is also a real upgrade.

As to cases, I think it is a real tragedy to cover this up and also ruins the size of it. I have tried the Otterbox Commuter (good and very protective case) and the incipio feather (smaller but sufficient protection). Now I have no case but am using the BlackBerry leather pouch ($10 on Amazon!). I recommend the pouch.

Posted via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 07:17 PM
    Before you do something on your Q10, load the new leak.

Posted via my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-10-14 07:25 PM
    Do not think for one second that the touch keyboard on BB10 is the same crap because it isn't and it's the best touchscreen keyboard in the market.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-10-14 07:30 PM
    If all you want is a physical keyboard than the Q10 is the best hands down. But I just don't understand why people dont like a virtual keyboard that only appears when summoned. The Z10/Z30 virtual keyboards are pretty amazing also. Enjoy your new Q10. I would reccomend keeping that Nexus close by though....BB10 is a completely different OS than BB7, it may take some getting used to. Cheers
    Because a keyboard that is always there is faster since you skip the step of summoning the keyboard first. Not to mention the typing is more accurate without the need of autocorrect or anything. One button homescreen speed dial and type n go makes it so productive...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 08:22 PM
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I share the OP's enthusiasm as my NEW Q10 arrives tomorrow! After my Tour crashed, I switched to the S3 and then to the HTC One, but I simply want my BB back and so I ordered a Q10 from ebay. I'm looking forward to driving my wife crazy all weekend simply geeking out on it.

Quick question: From my readings in the forums, a leak currently is the only 10.2.OS correct? This is my first experience with the new OS 10, so while I use to load leaks all the time I'm in need of a big refresher course. It appears there's now a few different ways to load leaks? Can someone recommend the easiest method nowadays? I understand that's probably a loaded question, so multiple suggestions are fine Lastly, I need to understand how to sideload Android apps, so it also appears there's a few ways to do this. Anyone care to give an opinion on this as well?

I need the Wells Fargo, BofA, AMEX, Tune In and SBUX apps. Anything else is simply extra. A sincere thanks in advance for assistance and to the OP, CONGRATS!! Here's to the Q10!!
    Although I can't answer all of this for you.. The forums for side loading are very thorough.. I learned a lot in a short time just browsing through. Let me know how amazing your Q10! Mine will be getting purchased on the 16th!!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-10-14 08:27 PM
    Just out of curiosity, based on the apps you need, what makes you want a BlackBerry?
    I miss a sturdy OS. I miss the keyboard. I miss the feel and the sturdiness of the BB. And although the apps I need are not native.. I'm not an app user in general. I keep very simple with apps. I mainly would just like the IG sideload. I can use my Nexus for the other apps.. Just an added question to the list. Lol.

01-10-14 08:34 PM
    Do not think for one second that the touch keyboard on BB10 is the same crap because it isn't and it's the best touchscreen keyboard in the market.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I never said that? If you read the OP and multiple replies I said that I love the virtual on the Z's. I just miss the feel and tactile feedback of a keyboard.

01-10-14 08:36 PM
    Go with a gel skin to add grip, but still preserve the natural feel on the surface. You might miss the screen size, so just temper your expectations to prepare yourself of the transition you're going to go thru. Good luck and hopefully the q10 meets your needs. I was going to get one, but just waiting for the next one instead. I'm fine with my z10.
    01-10-14 10:00 PM
    Get the 2nd battery worth every cent! Downgrading screen size that's about it the rest is history I went from an Galaxy S3 to an iphone 4s and that was a down grade from 4g to 3g and screen size then upgraded to a ip5 nothing changed put the screen size lte didn't exist couldn't do anything on the go then I upgraded to the Q10 best decision ever!!! No regrets

Posted via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-10-14 10:21 PM
    Hey guys!

Now just a heads up, I once was a die hard BB guy. Old curve, to the Tour, Storm (hated) and then first Bold. I've always had an affection for BB, I'm on this website like everyday, even though I haven't owned a BB in a couple years. Since my transition from BB, I've owned iPhone 4 and 4S, and currently Galaxy nexus..

And I think it's now time to go back to what I've craved for the longest.. A KEYBOARD! I'm sick of this virtual typing bull.. Yes I'm good at it, it's not like I can't type, I'm just sick of relying on a screen to do everything for me! I need that feeling of hitting a key not a piece of glass. (No knock to the Z10 of course, that thing is just as awesome!) Any ways, I need opinions.. Contract expires in a few days and I'm almost SURE I want the Q10, but I need a real Q10 user to tell me how amazing this machine is..

Background info: Heavy texter, IG abuser (I know a small amount about side loading), YouTube is one concern (is the quality of video size as bad as some say? I don't need this crazy picture size/quality just to watch a video of Cristiano Ronaldo highlights or Dom Mazzetti crack gym jokes!) Also, What's a good case for the phone? I'd prefer all natural, but I know I'm gonna be hawking over it like a child for the next 3 months and just need that piece of mind.. Perhaps a skin?

C'mon guys gimmie some help!
    The Q10 is the best phone you can buy, in terms of a phone being an actual phone and not a toy. It does everything every other phone does and then it adds the world's greatest keyboard. Yes games are not as good but anything but watching videos is not an issue. As for a case I use the swivel holster and it is the best choice, you get all the protection, safety and then when you use your phone you don't have an inch of rubber between you and your phone. You actually get to feel the incredible build qaulity and feel of the device. The point is buy a Q10.

Posted Via Q10 Super Phone
    01-10-14 10:53 PM
    advice: buy, enjoy its winwin I guess

Posted with my Q10 on 10.2.0.429
    01-11-14 05:25 AM
    The Q10 is a really, really good phone!
    01-11-14 05:56 AM
    Some people don't always require larger sized screens on their phones. For example I used to have phones in the 3.5" to 4" area before switching to BlackBerry. I ditched my 4" Nokia E7 to get a Bold 9900 with a tiny 2.8" - that's 1.2" less. It bothered me at first, however after the first few hours, the one thing I didn't miss was this: The screen size.
    My company has supplied me with a HTC One S which I think has either a 4.2" or 4.3" display and I still can't find myself using the HTC more often than my BlackBerry. I simply rarely require that additional real estate.

Having said that I might buy a larger screened Q10 successor, yet I don't see all the fuzz surrounding the "downgrade" in terms of screensize.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-11-14 06:08 AM
    I get wanting the bigger screen for media, internet, etc., but I don't know how people carry around phones any bigger than this. The Q10 is an extremely well conceived and designed phone. Would it be nice to have more real estate sometimes? Sometimes. But even for youtube and other internet browsing the Q10 does just fine.

Posted via CB10
    PaulyDoyle likes this.
    01-11-14 07:23 AM
45 12