Is there any way to completely just install the entire OS over again and start from scratch? I don't mean a factory reset because that simply erases and resets everything, an error in the install would not be fixed this way... I'm asking because right now facebook notifications never go to my hub. Yes, everything is set up, it's turned on in the hub, I'm logged in correctly, I have notifications on, etc. Etc. Maybe a fresh reinstall would set it straight??

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-12-13 03:08 PM
    Try to unlink and relink Facebook first.
    Is there any way to completely just install the entire OS over again and start from scratch? I don't mean a factory reset because that simply erases and resets everything, an error in the install would not be fixed this way... I'm asking because right now facebook notifications never go to my hub. Yes, everything is set up, it's turned on in the hub, I'm logged in correctly, I have notifications on, etc. Etc. Maybe a fresh reinstall would set it straight??

07-12-13 06:13 PM
    Try to unlink and relink Facebook first.
    Trust me, I've tried everything. I've even deleted and reinstalled facebook, logged out, logged back in, turn notifications off, turned them back on, turned it off and on multiple times in hub, battery pull, restart hub, nothing works...
    07-12-13 07:03 PM
    Did you try a wipe on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:14 PM
    Did you try a wipe on the phone?

Posted via CB10
    I would, but the thing is, I don't want to do it if I don't think it will work because it takes a while to index all of my texts. I just don't see how a simple wipe will do anything, the way facebook interacts with the phone should still be the same since nothing about the actual OS was altered, just the user data part...
    07-12-13 10:16 PM
    I would, but the thing is, I don't want to do it if I don't think it will work because it takes a while to index all of my texts. I just don't see how a simple wipe will do anything, the way facebook interacts with the phone should still be the same since nothing about the actual OS was altered, just the user data part...
    Do the wipe first - it is very unlikely your OS installation is corrupt.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:25 PM
    Do the wipe first - it is very unlikely your OS installation is corrupt.

Posted via CB10
    Let me ask you. If I back up the phone with link and do the wipe and restore from the backup file, would it keep my progress in the games I have or would I lose it all? I am pretty far into Where's My Water? Lol

07-31-13 07:35 AM
    It kept my progress in Angry Birds
    07-31-13 08:05 AM
    In BlackBerry Link there's an option that reloads your OS.

Cranky
    07-31-13 08:41 AM