Does anyone know how to do this from a q10? I had PDANET on my note 3 which was free. Is there anything similar on this platform?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:47 PM
    Does anyone know how to do this from a q10? I had PDANET on my note 3 which was free. Is there anything similar on this platform?

Posted via CB10
    Settings, networks and connections, mobile hotspot....
    UNLESS your carrier has disabled it, in that case, run a search in these forums for 'escreen' to enabled mobile hotspot.
    03-31-14 10:08 AM
    Settings, networks and connections, mobile hotspot....
    UNLESS your carrier has disabled it, in that case, run a search in these forums for 'escreen' to enabled mobile hotspot.
    Depending on the Mobile Operator, it might not be free of charge. I believe he's asking for a way which would hide the fact he's tethering.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:58 AM
    Depending on the Mobile Operator, it might not be free of charge. I believe he's asking for a way which would hide the fact he's tethering.

Posted via CB10
    Then they should say that.
    That's the beauty of words, when you actually use them, people know what's up.
    03-31-14 12:11 PM
    With T-mobile it's free
    03-31-14 12:36 PM
    Not for me....prompts me after about 30 seconds to sign up.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 04:12 PM
    Yes I would get charged for tethering otherwise I would do so by using this method...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-28-14 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary portions
    03-31-14 05:05 PM
    Yes I would get charged for tethering otherwise I would do so by using this method...

Posted via CB10
    A better way to pose your problem is to mention that your carrier charges for hotspot use, and you would like to know it that can be circumvented. You can get a LOT of help here by being clear and not antagonizing those offering solutions.
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-28-14 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary portions
    03-31-14 07:38 PM
    Sorry to hear you have the issue. I tried to get my PDAnet from older OS to work with my new Q10...

When I couldn't do It I contacted JuneFabrics. They told me that the program isn't compatible with BB10. I was stuck, but then the month after that I switched my AT&T family plan to the new shared plan with unlimited talk, txt and 10G for us to share. They don't advertise it, BUT if you ask they'll confirm that part of the deal is they remove the block and allow the built in WiFi hotspot and the wired internet tethering our BB's have built in to work. I've already had it come in handy 3 times this month. Our home broadband went down and I used it to contact the chat text support from my router manufacturer. My daughter used it to do her school assignments at the same time. I was getting 4-7mbs, which is slower than my cable modem but faster than the DSL I used to use!

Just a thought, YMMV...
    03-31-14 11:50 PM