I got my new Q10 last week and so far I am very happy with it.

Only problem is that somehow I don't like check my email from HUB. So I am looking for any free email app that I can use for gmail and yahoo accounts.

I have tried searching in Blackberry world and I couldn't find any good free alternative.

Can someone please suggest me a good free email app for my Q10?
    07-20-14 09:08 PM
    Why don't you like checking it from hub? Maybe we could find an android client, but we don't have one for BlackBerry because the one in hub is really nice.

Q10
    07-20-14 09:17 PM
    The advantages of BlackBerry is good efficiency on mail access, in OS7, there is a mail icon on desktop, you can access mail by click it, but it not belong to 3rd party utility, it still a native app of blackberry, from my view point, the mail access getting better than OS7!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 08:53 AM
    OP, tell us what exactly you dislike about the BlackBerry Hub? Then, perhaps, guys here can help you with adjusting some settings, if possible.

Posted via CB10
    nhatrangvtd likes this.
    07-21-14 11:14 AM
    One thing I couldn't figure out was how to load old emails from HUB.

I can see emails only until a certain date. How do I get the HUB to load emails older than that when needed?
    07-21-14 02:12 PM
    One thing I couldn't figure out was how to load old emails from HUB.

I can see emails only until a certain date. How do I get the HUB to load emails older than that when needed?
    When you set up the e-mail account, you have to specify: Synch. "Forever"... You might have set it up as 1-2 months...
    Sadly, you can not modify this set up. It is done once only... so may be remove then reinstall the email account again. Then specify "forever synching"... but then, you have to manage your phone memory by yourself!! And attention: you delete from phone only not from server or you lose your mails!!!!
    There is a "remote" search, that searches your older mails, works with @outlook.com mails (hotmail??) only for me.
    I am satisfied though, coz emails in the hub don't clutter the memory!! I have never deleted an email since I got my Q!!
    I check the mail from the browser if needed, the mobile pages are good!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Sankar Kaza likes this.
    07-21-14 02:20 PM
    The other day I had to find one old email real quick and I wasted 15 mins before I realized that HUB doesn't load old email. At least search should happen on old email as well.

So I thought having another email app which can quickly load or search through old email when necessary would help.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:31 PM
    The other day I had to find one old email real quick and I wasted 15 mins before I realized that HUB doesn't load old email. At least search should happen on old email as well.

So I thought having another email app which can quickly load or search through old email when necessary would help.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried this from your phone browser?
    https://mail.google.com/
    It is like an App!
    (turn off developer>Desktop mode) so you get the mobile page! The whole mails are searchable!!
    For yahoo, it is this:
    https://login.yahoo.com/m?

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-21-14 02:44 PM
    I connect to all my accounts from my phone browser... That works very good!
    As said, you must disable desktop mode, so your phone is identified as a mobile device (tablet) but not PC... Sometimes, to watch youtube videos like on a computer, you should turn into developer/desktop mode... but not for the mail account (font too tiny)!

07-21-14 02:49 PM
    Have you tried this from your phone browser?
    https://mail.google.com/
    It is like an App!
    (turn off developer>Desktop mode) so you get the mobile page! The whole mails are searchable!!
    For yahoo, it is this:
    https://login.yahoo.com/m?

I finally did the search from phone browser itself.

Instead of checking the new mail from HUB and searching old mail from browser, I thought it would be good if we have another email app that I can use for both.

So if you know of any other good email clients for BB10, or any Android email clients that works well on BB10, please let me know.
    07-21-14 03:12 PM
    10.3 is going to have remote search
    Sankar Kaza likes this.
    07-21-14 03:23 PM
    I finally did the search from phone browser itself.

Instead of checking the new mail from HUB and searching old mail from browser, I thought it would be good if we have another email app that I can use for both.

So if you know of any other good email clients for BB10, or any Android email clients that works well on BB10, please let me know.
    I do not trust them. Coz you have to reveal your password to those clients so that when connecting, they log in for you and download/upload mails... If their servers are hacked, someone can log into your trusted sites, pretend having forgotten password, asks to get a mail to change password and done! Insecure!!!
    Forget about the clients!
    There are plenty of them, but don't use them!!!

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    07-21-14 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Use the 'remote search' feature.

Posted via Commodore 64
    07-21-14 11:45 PM
    Use the 'remote search' feature.

Posted via Commodore 64
    Does only work with Hotmail, MSN, Outlook.
    Does not work with googlemail and freemail.de

07-22-14 01:50 AM
    As far as I know there's no full featured universal email client other than the Hub. I tried Mailux, which is very satisfying. But this is an Android port and it has some intransparent behaviour (starts himself again and again) and is also not easy at all to configure.

A proper email client for an IMAP server would be a great thing. Especially if you have folders on your IMAP server, I mean 20...30 folders, maintained over years with 1000 and more messages, you will need much more than the Hub provides.

One thing for instance which the Hub doesn't do at all is proper quoting. The Hub provides TOFU ("Text Over, Fullquote Under") - something which developed himself from being frowned upon to a standard. I even got questions why I hack my answers into well formed mail bodies, especially women ask this, not knowing anymore that this has been the sophisticated standard when email was conceptual designed.
    Sankar Kaza likes this.
    07-22-14 01:51 AM