My Q10 got the update to the indicated OS version.

Now when I type a text message, there are no suggestions anymore even though the Prediction and Correction is set to ON.

What gives?
    Last edited by Guanacoracer; 07-10-15 at 01:21 PM.
    07-09-15 01:25 PM
    Try a hard reset.
    07-09-15 02:24 PM
    Good thought but no dice. Prediction still doesn't work...
    07-10-15 09:49 AM
    Is a hard reset different than just restarting your phone? I just got my 'forced' update on my Z10 yesterday, kinda let it go happily since my Q5 works so well and now has that snappy flash Zeus Browser. (both these updates were OTA btw!). All does seem to work, including predictive text, except i tried to play with a Conan Obrien video on team coco and the audio doesnt work even though it does work on the ATnT commercial which comes on before the show.

Is it also true that predictive text learns your stuff from swiping more than typing? Everything might just need to settle in first on your Q10 and get restarted again.

I did restart the phone, maybe that site in particular has a problem right now, didnt fix it. Because of this I also did a battery pull and turned on the phone plugged in before inserting the battery, which was supposed to fix something in the past i forget what.

Not ready to take the same plunge on the Z30 at this time, though, if it aint broke i aint gonna break it! I am happy with it the way it is.

Everybody who doesnt want to deal with losing flash on your update, just get that Zeus Browser and be happy!
    07-11-15 02:07 PM