Brought the blackberry Q10 blackberry leather flip case earlier today and the case is so awkward as it makes typing difficult and the case is really slippy that I am worried about dropping the device! What is the best alternative case I should be looking at??

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:16 AM
    capdase migh offer you a wide variety, else ebay is always available
    08-20-13 10:35 AM
    I had the same problem! I nearly dropped it a few times using the flip case...It made it off balance...I use the phone naked now as I usually have a shirt pocket..it only goes back on on sunny t-shirt says when it's in my trouser ( pants to you Merkins! ) Pocket. Thankfully the sun does not shine much in Scotland!

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 11:14 AM
    the balance issue is one I recognise, but I don't find it too slippery texture-wise myself, it seems pretty good on that score. It helps if you fold the case open and back on itself when you hold it. A practiced hand and you can do it in one flick almost, and then you too can look like one of those cool gangster fellows opening a butterfly knife...
    08-20-13 03:44 PM
    Brought the blackberry Q10 blackberry leather flip case earlier today and the case is so awkward as it makes typing difficult and the case is really slippy that I am worried about dropping the device! What is the best alternative case I should be looking at??

Posted via CB10
    I originally use that for a few weeks and found the same issue you are having. It's a bit awkward to use and how do you hold the flap when yer using the phone? A few times with first use I nearly dropped my device as it was that cumbersome. What do you do with the flap during use? It doesn't sit or can be held properly flipped behind and on a call let's say!

Sent from my SGH-I957R using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 09-05-13 at 10:35 PM.
    08-20-13 04:26 PM
    I've typically been a naked phone guy, but I ended up finding this flip shell case for my Q10 and have loved it. Total protection for the phone while still being sleek enough when closed up to slide into my pocket without being too bulky. My problem is that the leather seems to have stretched out some after a couple months of use now and it doesn't clasp tightly over the top and stay closed anymore. Too bad.
    08-20-13 10:45 PM
    Yup, I replaced it with just the Leather Pocket case and naked phone. So much better, then again I seldom drop my phone (fingers crossed!!)

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 10:51 PM
    Yup, I replaced it with just the Leather Pocket case and naked phone. So much better, then again I seldom drop my phone (fingers crossed!!)

Posted via CB10
    Yep, that's my combo for both the Z10 and Q10... best of both worlds... you get to use the device in all its glory and when not in use it's protected from and bumps or hits while in the pocket. I don't use a screen protector either so the pouch does a good job for keeping the screen protected in the event I mistakenly leave any loose change or keys in there...
    08-21-13 08:45 AM
    I find that flip cases and phone are not really practical on phones. It just seems to be inconvenient when using the phone.
    08-21-13 09:52 AM
    I find that flip cases and phone are not really practical on phones. It just seems to be inconvenient when using the phone.
    Agreed! At first too I was using the flip case but after excessive fiddle fiddling while a call came in and I actually dropped $y phone due to the awkwardness, my decision was clear. I threw that case away and got the leather holster and hard shell case and both works fine!

Posted in CB forums and on Bbos leak 10.2.1047
    08-28-13 12:43 AM
    I really enjoy the flipcase. I use it all the time and now I can say that I have really got used to it. Using the phone without it seems hard (especially while typing), but this is normal because adapting to a certain phone factor is crucial if you want to possed perfect control over your device (even if you might be tempted to change its cover all day).
    08-28-13 06:40 AM
    Blackberry Soft shell case with Blackberry branded screen protector and Krusell Avenyn XXL pouch
    08-28-13 07:32 AM
    I just posted this, I suppose I could have posted it here...

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...covery-843899/
    08-28-13 01:26 PM