I've tried looking for a video but can't tell you if the flap is held to the back during use or is it just floating? It would seem awkward if wasn't fastened. Also, does it operate as a stand?
    06-01-13 12:03 PM
    The flap is just floating, not fixed. It doesn't work as a stand (at least I haven't figured out how to use it as one), but since the latch is stiff, I can hook it onto an empty coffee mug, and that works really well as a stand.

I still really like the case because it makes a screen protector unnecessary. I have dropped the phone from the seat of my van (much higher than a car seat), and there's not a scratch on the case. I also work in a very dusty environment, and the case keeps the dust out of the speakers.

If you don't need bulletproof protection, you could probably find a more suitable case for your needs.
    06-01-13 12:18 PM
    Tried the flip case on Z10 and returned it after couple of days. While it could be used as a stand - it was very unsuitable for taking pictures quickly. I would buy something like Transform case for Z10 if it would exist for Q10.
    I'm using now soft shell from BlackBerry and looking for a case which will keep the typing as easy as it is now.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-01-13 01:27 PM
    I had the flip case for the Z10 - opened like a book and folded neatly behind to type, which was fantastic.

Now on second flip case for the Q (leather peeled within hours on the first). Having adjusted how I hold the device to type it's fine now and doesn't get in the way.

Leather of case is more slippery than the back of the Q10 so device now slides off the car seat in a way it didn't before. Have also nearly dropped it when opening the case.

Magnet activates the screen so if BlackBerry is has Hub opened when it's closed it will reopen to hub when case is opened - without the need to swipe.
    David Norman likes this.
    06-01-13 01:33 PM
    Thanks for the answers. It seems like it might be a little clumsy. Maybe the pouch is better given the you can easily remove it for use. I liked the softshell and screen protector on the 9900 as it seemed to give great protection.
    06-01-13 02:04 PM
    I'm glad the forum was helpful.

Posted from Q10 on CB10
    06-01-13 02:06 PM
    Personally I stopped using the Flip Shell after roughly two weeks of use. The main reason was simple: That flip cover was, at least for me, somewhat in the way of holding and using the phone in a comfortable way. Flapping that cover on the very back would be an option, however the whole unit gets quite thick then.

The good side of this case however is the decent protection as well as ease of one handed use.
    06-01-13 02:09 PM
    Personally I stopped using the Flip Shell after roughly two weeks of use. The main reason was simple: That flip cover was, at least for me, somewhat in the way of holding and using the phone in a comfortable way. Flapping that cover on the very back would be an option, however the whole unit gets quite thick then.

The good side of this case however is the decent protection as well as ease of one handed use.
    Agreed. But I dropped my phone a few times on the street, and while the flip shell took a good beating in a couple of places, my BlackBerry is just as new.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 02:37 PM
    I can see how the one handed flip feature would be great but isn't too bulky?
    06-01-13 03:10 PM
    Nope does not op as stand! It's basically a leather flap attached to a hard shell case!

After using it for a few days I decided to go more old skool with the soft shell and leather holster!

I found the flap case quite cumbersome to use holding the flap in a backwards position while on a call or typing! It a bit cumbersome to use and can make you drop your phone in my opinion! It also lacks a clip so not handy if your listening to music or want a hands free secure option!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 10:15 PM
    As a follow up, I tried this for 3 days and returned it. Indeed it provided good protection and looked good but too awkward for daily use. The flap was always floating in the way or too bulky to hold behind the phone. If I had bigger hands it might have been workable.

Posted using a Q10
    06-23-13 05:55 PM