I currently have a Q10 and a fitbit one that syncs perfectly with the fitbit app from snap ( I prefer this one to amazon one) I'm thinking of upgrading my fitbit but I'm wondering how these two work with blackberries. Do you get any notifications? If so what ie does it say 'text' 'bbm' 'call' or does it say who is actually calling or messaging? Can you even read message? Does the new blaze work ok using the blackberries GPS via bluetooth at tracking your route? Or am I better geting a surge and using the built in GPS. I don't run far 5k is about my limit and new to running and I'm not very technical so apologies for the simplistic message. I'm guessing if i upgrade my phone to a priv eveything works as it should. Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:22 PM
    Hello, I have just unboxed my fitbit Blaze and have a z30, here is my experience;

- The Fitbit app available in Amazon is the older one, works with my Fitbit One with no issue, but when I try to set up the Blaze it states I need to update the app
    - Thankfully I followed the process to load the Play Store on my phone for IG (found in the forum) so I tried to download the updated app, but it said it was already installed
    - Couldn't figure out how to remove it and rebooted my phone 8 times as the uninstall kept failing
    - I needed to update to the Blackberry Android Runtime Update and the uninstall worked immediately
    - Installed the latest fitbit app from Play store and synced my Blaze right away. Syncing works really well, but I turned off 'All Day Sync' as it got to be annoying
    - Cannot get notifications to work, but if you switch the Blaze to 'Classic Bluetooth pair' the music controls work well, but I turn it off afterwards to save battery on both devices
    - With Classic Bluetooth Pair connect, all the notifications options in the app become available maybe I need to leave the app running? Or enable the Widget option?
    - Honestly the music control and notifications aren't a make or break for me. I keep my phone on silent mode 99% of the time, relying on the indicator light. I'm not even sure what my ringtone I remember what I have set as my ringtone, lol. I'm just happy that the regular sync works well and that they don't need to the Google Play Services to run the updated app. Maybe Amazon will update soon, although I do not see them as an official app source on the Fitbit website...

(Sorry for the bullet points, I just had a coffee)
    03-08-16 02:20 PM
    Does the fitbit blaze GPS tracking work with a z30? I have a one and thinking of upgrading and would love to see GPS routes i run. I can't get the mobilerun to work on app at the min it only allows to log previous activity rather than tracking.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:04 PM