- 12-21-12, 11:22 PM #29
That's pretty... uhm... not BlackBerry.
I even expect a couple refinements on the Z10. A bit sharper design. The sleep button (on top) would have to look a bit less dug out last minute and more like something on the 9900.
Damn I know RIM can do it!Stuff
- 12-22-12, 04:51 AM #31
The back looks uninteresting, however still better than the absolute boring back of the Z10 - which ain't difficult to achieve IMO. I don't know why RIM went with such uninspiring designs on the backside. I mean most current or last gen devices made by RIM had better designed backs than both next gen devices.
Oh well, at least the battery remains swappable. When talking about it: the N-Series looks rather thick. That raises hopes for a decent AF cam and for that rumored 2400mAH battery.
- 12-22-12, 06:07 AM #32
First N series pic
If this is really how the X10 looks, I wonder what happened to RIM's design team... Doesn't have RIM's usual premium look to it..
- 12-22-12, 06:35 AM #33
I am completely surprised by the reactions to this picture. First of all, it's just the back which will most likely have a cover over it anways.
More importantly, I actually think it looks like a hybrid of the 9900 and the 9000, two of RIM's best looking/feeling phones ever. No one has mentioned the fact that this looks to almost definitely have the chrome border around the entire hone like the 9900. My favorite looking/feeling phone ever has been the 9930 I currently own, and I have to say that this picture looks better than the back of my 9930. When I hold my phone up to the screen at the same angle as the phone in the picture, it looks very similar. The flash is with the camera in the picture as opposed to the opposite side on the 9930. They both have the chromeline under the camera. Volume buttons in the picture seem to be identical to the 9900 and it looks like it has the same chrome border. I like that the N10 has a single solid piece in the back as opposed to the 9930 with the back cover and the angled rubber border around that.
Anyways, in my opinion, this phone is way to similar to the 9930 for all of you to be complaining the way you are. If you LOVE the 9930 design (as most people do), then you have to at least like this a little bit, right?www.gbv.asia
"Bridging the Gap" between your Company and Asia
-Global Business Ventures - Proud supporters of all things BlackBerry
- 12-22-12, 09:45 AM #35Concept Corner: C004104CASamsung SPH A540 ▶ Motorola V551 ▶ Samsung SCH A645 ▶ HTC Touch P3050 ▶ BB Curve 8330 ▶ BB Bold 9000 ▶ Huawei U8100 ▶ Apple iPhone 3GS ▶ Motorola Spice ▶ BB Curve 3G 9300 ▶ Apple iPhone 4S ▶ BB Bold 9900 ▶ BB Q10 ▶ (Current Device) iPhone 6 Plus ▶ (Next Device) BB Priv
- 12-22-12, 09:52 AM #36--------------------------------
"There's a lot of punditry out there. If it was so easy to create a $20 billion company, everyone would do it." - Jim Balsillie
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-22-12, 12:03 PM #38
- 240 Posts
1) They were unique to BB, differentiating them from the competition.
2) They were ... CONVENIENT!
As far as the picture is concerned, I'm not digging it. It does NOT scream out new!, sexy!, sleek!. It whimpers, same, tired, boring.
- 12-22-12, 01:06 PM #44Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > WebOS > iOS > Android > Symbian > Meego
- 12-22-12, 02:12 PM #45
The tk victory is nice, but the tk justice is where its at!
My dream phone right here..
- 12-22-12, 02:36 PM #46
- CrackBerry Genius
12-22-12, 06:06 PM #49
- 1,965 Posts
I'm trying not to laugh too much at the comments about not buying it based on the back of the phone. First of all, I don't need it any thinner than my 9780, especially if it means reduced operating time or worse yet, cameras that don't autofocus.
What bugs me are the leaked specs that indicate no LTE. The quad band UMTS will be nice if AT$T allows roaming.
- 12-22-12, 07:05 PM #50Concept Corner: C004104CASamsung SPH A540 ▶ Motorola V551 ▶ Samsung SCH A645 ▶ HTC Touch P3050 ▶ BB Curve 8330 ▶ BB Bold 9000 ▶ Huawei U8100 ▶ Apple iPhone 3GS ▶ Motorola Spice ▶ BB Curve 3G 9300 ▶ Apple iPhone 4S ▶ BB Bold 9900 ▶ BB Q10 ▶ (Current Device) iPhone 6 Plus ▶ (Next Device) BB Priv
- By James Falconer in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 24Last Post: 09-18-13, 08:59 AM
- By ajst222 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 158Last Post: 06-02-13, 09:51 AM
- By QuIcKsIlV3r in forum BlackBerry Z10Replies: 16Last Post: 12-21-12, 08:43 AM
- By Pete6 in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-17-08, 07:57 AM
- By Pete6 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 4Last Post: 03-29-08, 10:01 AM