Disappointed with the new N-Series leaks, i hope these r not real, doesnt look awesome enough.
    I really loved the the concept render on I’d Rock this BlackBerry with Trapezoidal Keyboard - N4BB
    Atleast give me send and end keys a proper bezel for gestures
    09-28-12 09:21 AM
    Like the increased screen size, prefer my smiling keyboard on 9900. Not sure why the negative reception by some, what did you expect? Without it turning a humongous and impractical mobile, I think this is a great compromise for those of us that can't give up on the p/k.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    09-28-12 11:14 AM
    great look
    09-28-12 01:24 PM
    Disappointed with the new N-Series leaks, i hope these r not real, doesnt look awesome enough.
    I really loved the the concept render on I�d Rock this BlackBerry with Trapezoidal Keyboard - N4BB
    Atleast give me send and end keys a proper bezel for gestures
    good render . put the BlackBerry on the bottom and take out the dial butons and that would make for a great BB10-QWERTY
    09-29-12 08:47 AM
    Click to view quoted image

This is what i meant by sharing similar design language, for a more cohesive lineup of devices.

Same for the original Dev Alpha.

Perhaps because the render of the N-series looks too much like the 9900, it feels like they are different generation of devices. BBOS 7 vs BB10. Maybe its just me?

-----

Then lets compare the galaxy line up.

S2 and Note, very obvious that its from the same generation of devices.

same for the S3 and Note 2.
    Great renderings. I agree with trying to get a cohesive look for the company's various products. Apple does this and it creates a unified culture that people are impressed with on a consistent basis. RIM needs to bring that unified look to start developing a new fan culture. Right now they are bleeding first world fans and picking up in 3rd and 2nd world countries.

RIM needs to get its phones back into the Fortune 500 companies. I had to ditch my Blackberry because our IT team only supports Apple and Android now.

As far as design tweaks for the QWERTY phone, I think they need to increase the size of the screen by making it taller. Having ample room to compose email while consuming media will be a major factor in bringing users back.

Also, RIM needs to pick two specific screen sizes for their full touch and QWERTY phones and NOT deviate from them. App developers can make phenomenal apps that only conform to those two screen sizes, which makes their jobs easier and certainly makes the apps higher quality because they are designed to be on those phones specifically.

I really hope they can make a great QWERTY phone to get me to move back from my iPhone.
    09-29-12 07:59 PM
    I am not liking the render. Will have to go L if this is the N
    09-30-12 07:28 AM
    Great renderings. I agree with trying to get a cohesive look for the company's various products. Apple does this and it creates a unified culture that people are impressed with on a consistent basis. RIM needs to bring that unified look to start developing a new fan culture. Right now they are bleeding first world fans and picking up in 3rd and 2nd world countries.

RIM needs to get its phones back into the Fortune 500 companies. I had to ditch my Blackberry because our IT team only supports Apple and Android now.

As far as design tweaks for the QWERTY phone, I think they need to increase the size of the screen by making it taller. Having ample room to compose email while consuming media will be a major factor in bringing users back.

Also, RIM needs to pick two specific screen sizes for their full touch and QWERTY phones and NOT deviate from them. App developers can make phenomenal apps that only conform to those two screen sizes, which makes their jobs easier and certainly makes the apps higher quality because they are designed to be on those phones specifically.

I really hope they can make a great QWERTY phone to get me to move back from my iPhone.
    They already have. They said that All future BB10 phones will be
    1280 x 720 - Full Touch
    720 x 720 - QWERTY

The First BB10 Phone will be 1280 x 768 because the hardware design for the phone was completed before the future screen resolutions were finalized
    10-01-12 03:41 AM
    Is it me or does the N-Series look like the TK Victory.
    10-02-12 07:14 PM
    I like it. I'm dying to see these bad boys in person

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-05-12 11:05 AM
    Believe half of what you hear and none of what you see.
    10-06-12 01:14 AM
    I need my qwerty hardware keyboard, so I am getting the N series. I do think they could have made the design a bit more edgy. But I love the bigger screen
    10-07-12 11:52 AM
    I want L Series, but BB Torch Style
    10-09-12 03:17 AM
    Finally! Thanks, at first I was quite excited by those but on 2nd lookth erender of the N looks like crap so I take that with a grain of salt as well...What's Kevin opinion on the leak? true leak or fake leak?

Edit: The only thing is that KEvin has seen the phone and that he said those leaks were legit...so it is probably the true deal!
    Bah. The only thing that bothers are the street lines across the keyboard. I loved the curved keyboard the way it is but we'll see. I'll have a bunch of phones to choose from once my upgrade comes in August. In the mean time I can look forward to what RIM has to offer.
    10-09-12 04:05 AM
    Bah. The only thing that bothers are the street lines across the keyboard. I loved the curved keyboard the way it is but we'll see. I'll have a bunch of phones to choose from once my upgrade comes in August. In the mean time I can look forward to what RIM has to offer.
    The P'9981 also has straight lines between the keys and it doesnt look bad, nor do they make typing any less comfortable than the 9900
    10-09-12 05:43 AM
    I want L Series, but BB Torch Style
    I want the L-Series, but GANGNAM STYLE!

Though I am with you on the ergonomics of the Torch 9860 being awesome as the waterfall design makes it the best phone ever to hold in landscape and the curvature of the back makes it fit nice in the hand in portrait orientation to. The boxy look of the L-Series probably won't be as comfortable to hold, but at least the screen won't be plastic.

Not feeling the N-Series at all if that is the finished design. Way to conservative, doesn't share a familial resemblance to the L-Series and won't silence the crowd that thinks all BlackBerrys look alike.
    10-09-12 05:56 AM
    Believe half of what you hear and none of what you see.
    I think ya got that backasswards a little.

I'm a QWERTY guy all the way. But the first thing I'm gonna do when I get my hands on one for real will be to manipulate text in a browser text window. If i can pinpoint a specific block of text and move it around as easily as I can with the trackpad on my 9900, I'll be sold. If not and they haven't come up with something better than how the PlayBook does it, I'll be sticking with my 9900.
    mountainman likes this.
    10-09-12 10:18 AM
    I'm a sneaky chick! I loaded this page on one of the 9930's at the Verizon store today!!!
    10-09-12 10:42 AM
    I'm kinda wondering if I'm going to miss the trackpad or not. I have the 9930 and my touchscreen setting are set to the least sensitivity, so it'll take some getting used to.

With that being said, I'm still ecstatic about the BB10 series coing out. I'll for sure wait on the N-series because I've gotten so used to the QWERTY keypad that I can't lose it now, and I'm glad I'm at least using the touchscreen on my 9930 a little to help bridge the upcoming transition to BB10.

10-10-12 10:19 PM
    I'm a sneaky chick! I loaded this page on one of the 9930's at the Verizon store today!!!
    What you need to do is load this page on all the Android phones in the Verizon store.
    fabio984 and SF71 like this.
    10-11-12 08:31 AM
    What you need to do is load this page on all the Android phones in the Verizon store.
    Wasn't that one of the Crackberry challenges a few years ago? I remember something like that.....

Patiently waiting for BB10 while my friends ogle over their iPhone 5's, upcoming GNote II's, and SGSIII's...... I always come back to the crack.
    10-12-12 02:00 PM
    agree. why is the keyboard phone much shorter than the all-touch screen phone?
    10-17-12 08:58 PM
    I can see RIM doing the straight across physical keys since that gives the qwerty and all touch device the same layout and key spacings. Makes sense. Looks strange though compared to a traditional curved keyboard BlackBerry.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-17-12 09:55 PM
    the straight lined keyboard looks cheap and half assed... why get rid of the ergonomic curves that the blackberry keyboards are known for? then again RIM got rid of the battery life they were known for... annd the theme support they were known for... so i wouldn't be surprised..

as for the angular keyboard..

i really hope this comes true (especially since they have the patent)... THIS would be ground breaking/revolutionary and not another rehash of an older model or a wannabe of another device
    southlander likes this.
    10-18-12 12:42 AM
    They need to use that extra space on the top for a larger screen. Take out the Bb icon and word BlackBerry. Put the icon on the back, leave the word out. Everyone knows if a device is a Bb or not. The icon alone is adequate.
    10-23-12 01:23 PM
    They need to use that extra space on the top for a larger screen. Take out the Bb icon and word BlackBerry. Put the icon on the back, leave the word out. Everyone knows if a device is a Bb or not. The icon alone is adequate.
    I can't agree more about the wasted space at the top of the screen.
    10-25-12 12:09 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD