What do you guys think of the keyboard? It's a cross between a 9900's KB & a Porsche P’9981 KB
    (looks like a 9900 KB but has the strait lines of the P’9981)
    Last edited by bbpandy; 09-27-12 at 05:46 PM.
    fabio984 and alkomy like this.
    09-27-12 05:44 PM
    not sure about straight lines, I wonder if it makes a difference whle typing, according to Kev review of the porsche straight is good but 9900 is better but then the keys were not the same either so hard to tell.

am I the only one who thinks the render of the N serie is bad, almost like a fake? some of the animation within the screen do not seem so cascades-fluidy...? your thoughts? is it just me?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-27-12 06:05 PM
    looks fuggly!!! :thumbdown: the L series looks so sleek an this just looks like a 9900 render. I hope this is not what the real devicd will look like.
    09-27-12 06:09 PM
    The phone looks nice, certainly not ugly. But the only thing I worry about is the touch sensitive edge (what's that called, bezel??). How do we make the gesture to minimize an app? The bottom line looks too small IMO.
    09-27-12 06:21 PM
    do you guys realize that there is a mike on the 0 key .mmmmm siri-killer maybe

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    OmarVlogable likes this.
    09-27-12 06:23 PM
    i can't see a front facing cam on this (worried )
    09-27-12 06:28 PM
    i can't see a front facing cam on this (worried )
    But there is one. Next to the LED
    fabio984 likes this.
    09-27-12 06:47 PM

NICE CATCH!
    I didn't see that
    09-27-12 06:49 PM
    I hope this is not accurate. For one thing, why would a qwerty phone be overall smaller than a touchscreen phone? At the very least, both should have the same footprint. Who is releasing these renders, anyways, and based on what information?
    cbwannabe and TommyBB like this.
    09-27-12 06:55 PM

Voice typing? or speech to text orwhat ever it's called
    09-27-12 06:57 PM
    I hope this is not accurate. For one thing, why would a qwerty phone be overall smaller than a touchscreen phone? At the very least, both should have the same footprint. Who is releasing these renders, anyways, and based on what information?
    I believe this is accurate, and I don't know for absolute certain, but I do think RIM is the source.

While the QWERTY isn't the same height, it is wider (you see that in the side-by-side). That is consistent with the current 9900 form factor.

Significantly, nobody's coming out and saying that this is inconsistent with what's been shown to the press behind closed doors.
    09-27-12 07:13 PM
    Looks all the same to me, nothing has been changed really except the font style changed in the keyboard.
    09-27-12 07:17 PM
    BOOurns. Massive BB fan and im promoting BB10 all around my school LOL. but this not new or exciting. it doesn not embody BB10 at all its jsut a 99 with no buttons
    09-27-12 07:23 PM
    i don think thats a big problem as the bold9900 is sexy

09-27-12 07:38 PM
    The camera better have autofocus.

Posted from My Mobile App
    09-27-12 07:49 PM
    Personally I will be a little disappointed if it came out like this.

I would have prefer a more cohesive design language across both devices, since both would be RIM's 1st generation of flagship BB10 devices representing both the full touch and PKB form factor. This might just be me but put it side by side with the screen off, it would be hard to tell that they were launched together running the same OS. They both looked nice when viewed separately. But put them side by side, they both use a very different design language which is my only gripe.

Take for example, the galaxy s2 and the note. They look like they were from the same generation of devices. Then the s3 and the note 2. Same thing.

Also, since the playbook. Every concept leak about QNX powered devices had the BlackBerry logo under the display. This include the L-series recently. But in the video the logo on the N-series is on the top again, which is the same as current devices. This is something that I thought would be a common design for BB devices onwards.
    OmarVlogable likes this.
    09-27-12 08:05 PM
    i don think thats a big problem as the bold9900 is sexy

i agree the 99 is a nice looking phone, looks just the 9000 but newer LOL. But BB10 is suppose to be a new light for RIM and BlackBerry. It is supposed to help them connect with the lost customers.
    maybe RIM is taking a page from Apple and saying, 'hey we have a new phone it looks just like the other but it has a new OS'. RIM/BB's comeback has to be something that sets them apart and makes it so that the new models cant be compared to the old.
    09-27-12 08:05 PM
    Ya I'm not buying those mock ups. Especially the idea that RIM is supplying them, because quite frankly they look like crap. Until I see an official press release I'm taking whatever I see with a grain of salt.

So excited for this phone though.
    kojita likes this.
    09-27-12 08:18 PM
    the keyboard is so straight. what happened to the slight curve downwards? wouldnt it be more ergonomic?
    cbwannabe likes this.
    09-27-12 09:09 PM
    not gonna nitpick. just glad it will have BB10!
    09-27-12 09:45 PM
    I keep going back to S180's post on another thread (about the L-Series) saying that what we're seeing in the leaks is just a test device - what's being used to show the OS to the press/carriers etc - the real design is actually kept fairly secretive within RIM itself - not many have seen it.

S180 doesn't say much, but when he does, it's pretty much dead on.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    09-27-12 10:49 PM
    Ya I'm not buying those mock ups. Especially the idea that RIM is supplying them, because quite frankly they look like crap. Until I see an official press release I'm taking whatever I see with a grain of salt.

So excited for this phone though.
    Finally! Thanks, at first I was quite excited by those but on 2nd lookth erender of the N looks like crap so I take that with a grain of salt as well...What's Kevin opinion on the leak? true leak or fake leak?

Edit: The only thing is that KEvin has seen the phone and that he said those leaks were legit...so it is probably the true deal!
    09-28-12 02:51 AM

This is what i meant by sharing similar design language, for a more cohesive lineup of devices.

Same for the original Dev Alpha.

Perhaps because the render of the N-series looks too much like the 9900, it feels like they are different generation of devices. BBOS 7 vs BB10. Maybe its just me?

-----

Then lets compare the galaxy line up.

S2 and Note, very obvious that its from the same generation of devices.

same for the S3 and Note 2.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 09-28-12 at 03:30 AM.
    09-28-12 03:28 AM
    Click to view quoted image

This is what i meant by sharing similar design language, for a more cohesive lineup of devices.

Same for the original Dev Alpha.

Perhaps because the render of the N-series looks too much like the 9900, it feels like they are different generation of devices. BBOS 7 vs BB10. Maybe its just me?

-----

Then lets compare the galaxy line up.

S2 and Note, very obvious that its from the same generation of devices.

same for the S3 and Note 2.
    100% with ya on this one. there is no harmony between the two if they stay looking like they do in the marketing vid. rim needs bb10 to be amazing. so far it is but something like this could cast a dark cloud on them.

wouldnt it be awesome if rim came out and said "thats not the bb10 qwerty, THIS IS!"
    09-28-12 05:51 AM
    But there is one. Next to the LED
    Hopefully. Looks like the light sensor from the 9900...
    09-28-12 07:37 AM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD