More of a general question than just for the Q10 but
    Are you allowed to play with your phone during its first charge if you want the batteries full potential?

I just finished reading the 'first ten things to do with your Q10' CB post and it wasn't specific so I was curious
    http://crackberry.com/first-ten-thin...medium=twitter
    05-05-13 09:08 AM
    Yes. There is nothing special about the first charge. Put the battery in and use the phone. When it needs a charge, charge it. Feel free to use it while it charges.
    bendiep1991 likes this.
    05-05-13 09:32 AM
    Can I ask you an other question about this first charge ?

Do you use your phone directly after the unboxing (bb are 50% charged) or do you plug it until the 100% and then use it until the last drop of battery ?
    I will receive my Q10 next week, so I question myself.
    05-05-13 12:50 PM
    Personally, I always charge the battery to full the first time. I don't know if it really makes a difference, but I like to see the battery meter topped off to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:53 PM
    In current battery tech, the first time you use a phone or battery has no significance. In older battery tech where batteries had memory, it was important to calibrate the battery by charging it fully, and also doing "calibration cycles" where you run the battery until the device turns itself off. Nowadays, this also bad to do because lithium ion batteries should never dip below a certain voltage (or charge past a certain voltage, but that's done for you).

Moral of the story: Just go ahead and play with your new Q10 right out of the box, and charge it if you feel like it needs charging! Don't forget that the Q10 has a replaceable battery so you can always get a new one if you feel like yours is degrading down the line.
    patel7 likes this.
    05-05-13 01:30 PM
    as far as i know , its best to drain ur battery and then charge it , lasts longer
    05-05-13 03:13 PM